Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clicksaver doesn't work with 14.21?

Originally posted by Liosliath
    Copying the two files manually did the trick, thank you. Though just with one 's' in resource. :)
    Doh, I did that typo like 3 times in the code aswell ;p

Merci de ton aide, ça marche nickel maintenant

Thanks a lot
    Menlas

- Fixer (Doer) -

Advisor of A.I.R

okay i just installed version 2.2.1, and it created a resouce.dat file of 493.404 KB, in the clicksaver dir under //ao/clicksaver/

- do it need to be there ? (I did point clicksaver to my AO dir ..)
    - is this the same *. dat file is the same in //ao/cd_image/data/db ? ** edit ** hmm, yes it seems so

I like to save 500 megs .... can anything be done about it ?
    Last edited by markman; Jun 6th, 2002 at 15:40:37.

hmm Karrd says something about renaming the dat files
    in this thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=28968 is that of any help to me ?

Arrow

AO now locks the database files, so in order for clickaver to work, you need a copy of them it can access. So, if you want to use clicksaver, that 500Mb is just going to have to stay. Me, I'll continue to use the old version and just point it at the version of AO I'm not using (live/testlive).

MORB, on that basis, a command line switch that tells it to not duplicate the database would be nice, so I can just use this method without using *another* 500Mb...

help

when i did the manual file copy get in game
    set the window and launch clicksaver, it still does the same thing, just a lil ghost window on the toolbar. However its still asking me for the anarchy folder...any help?
    Olen "Drasklien" Markarian

Unhappy tried everything so far

Hmmmmmm
    I have the new version...copied the two "resource" files...renamed them to resource.dat/resource.idx...but i still just get the little minimized window that does nothin' an' won't close either.
    I became so dependent on this nifty tool, it's just not AO without it anymore :-(
    any suggestions?

I noticed that when the 'ghost icon' appears in your task bar there are sometimes 2 or 3 coppies of it in your ctrl-alt-del menu. Before you try running the program after doing all the resourse copying and renaming, make sure you either reboot or you have no coppies of ClickSaver running in the background.

If that's not it, I cant help you, it works on my end, although buggy, it works. I use win98SE, and I'm sad to say as soon as a new version of XP comes out, like winXP SE or something, I'm getting it.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

The new version of ClickSaver works very poorly on my Win98SE setup. It didn't seem to open a window at all when I first started it, though it appeared on the task bar and did nothing. I copied the database files manually to the CS directory then when I started it the first menu came up, but when the buying agent or item alert windows were supposed to pop up they didn't. I used Spy++ to find out that it was actually opening windows, but they were at coords around 15000,15000, far off the edge of my screen. The program needs some bug fixes before it'll be usable on Win98SE I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12