Thread: The evolution of the RollerRat

The evolution of the RollerRat

Once apon a time on the world of Rubi Ka there was only the people and the GM's. The world of Rubi Ka was a happy place in those days, but was more than a little boring. You could go all day talking to people and dancing in the clubs, but there was very little to do other than that. The world existed that way for quite some time until the people stepped up to the GM's and said "Give us something to do!!!!". And so the GM's created the Dragon.

The dragon was a work of art. It's was powerful and dropped excellent loot for the ones powerful enough and brave enough to kill it. However it soom became a struggle todecide who could kill the dragon. It only appeared once or twice daily and so not enough peope where having fun and the rest where forced to visit boring dance bars for their excitement. "Give us all the chance to kill the dragon!" cried the people. "We do not want only the strongest/most numerous to have the fun! If we can kill the dragon then let us kill it to!"

And so the GM's created many many dragons across the face of Rubi Ka. And it was good. Many brave adventurers set forth to kill the dragon and enjoyed doing so. But wait! Once again trouble was stirring amongst the population of Rubi Ka. Witness the rise of the low-level players. These people of Rubi Ka made up at least 50% of the subscription base and they cried out in one single voice: "We the low leveled players of Rubi Ka pay our money too. We don't have enough time to level up to high levels. Is that our fault? We still pay! We want to kill the dragon too!" And so the GM's had a quick discussion amongst themselves and decided that it was so. And the GM's said "Let there be many different levels of Dragon, so that all players can enjoy killing one." And it was so.

Now on Rubi-Ka all players rejoiced because all now had an opportunity to kill a dragon. However there was still trouble among the low-leveled players. The problem was that they couldn't tell the difference between the strong dragons, and the weak dragons! People were dying! And so the GM's had a quick conversation and decided on a solution. And they faced the people of Rubi Ka and said: "People of Rubi Ka, we have decided to change the appearance of the dragons that are weaker, so that you know which ones you can kill. The weaker dragons will look much like your healing pets, except they will roll along the ground - and still give EXCELLENT xp for their strength!" Well the people where happy with this. All of Rubi-Ka rejoiced!

And so inevitably it came to pass that once again the people of rubi-ka where not happy. They where having problems because they had nothing to do anymore. All the best loot in the game was dropping off of lvl 2 Ball-shaped dragons, and so there was no reason to get to higher levels. Once you had killed 10 or 20 rolling-ball-dragons you were bored stiff as you had seen everything the game had to offer. And so once again the GM's got together and had a discussion. And they made another decision. They said to the people of Rubi-Ka "Henceforth the weaker dragons will drop loot that is not as good as strong dragons. This loot will be leave you something to aim for later on in the game when you are higher level. It will consist primarily of meat product, tattoos and small gemstones". And the people of Rubi-ka REJOICED, for now they had a reason to level-up and kill the bigger dragons, instead of the smaller ones.

But inevitably there once again came a crisis among the people of Rubi-Ka. They didn't like the fact that their friends never knew which dragons they were talking about. When a person said that he killed a dragon yesterday did he mean the Huge ten-story tall dragon or the small lvl 2 rolling ball-shaped dragon? "Personally", said one resident, "Rolling-ball-shaped-dragon sounds stupid". And so once again the GM's got together and spoke. And they made their decision:

"Henceforth the low-level rolling-ball-shaped-dragons will be known as 'RollerRats'"

And it was so.

Amen to that bro.

So that what they are!

And here all this time i thought they were little nerf balls that hid in doors and chest that poped out to give you more exp then the Ace Enforcers do.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Uh, RollerRats - you guys talking about XP Balls!?
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

Rollerat thinks of you!
    Rollerat cares of you!
    Kill the rollerat inside itself and be happy!

This is pseudo-doctrine.

Once upon a time on the world of Rubi Ka there was only rollerats...

Talking Exelent

Wow!
    Is that how they evolved?
    /me gawks in wide eyed wonder

Very funny, very stylish, Nalissa!

Gattolina
    Kirikiri - Trader
    General, Depot Division
    Ancarim Iron Legion
    Gattolina - NT
    Ancarim Iron Legion

Yep, we're talking about the XP balls...

Why?
    Why can't I stop killing them?
    This is so cruel... Poor, poor RollerRats!
    But this said... I'm still gonna kill them
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Talking

For more info, you can always check out www.rollerrat.com