Thread: Windows 95 chat bug

Windows 95 chat bug

Scince mid febuary and the 13.8 patch i have been unable to chat ingame. it was discovered long ago that it was due to me having to run on windows 95. I emailed funcom back and forth for nearly a month with them telling me to download this and that to try to fix and it was to no help. About a month ago Funcom emailed me and told me it would be some time before the bug was fixed and i should probobly cancel my account. I did for a short time but this game is like a crack addiction and i just cant stay away. This bug has severly hampered my gameplay. Not only can i not chat ingame, but also i can not create a new charactor, or even trade money to people, i am pleading with you guys to give me a bump to plead with funcom to get this bug fixed. because there are so few Windows 95 users FC told me that it was a low priority bug and would be treated so.... ill be posting this message on all the boards i can because i am desparete to get this bug fixed. Funcom im begging you, PLEASE FIX THIS!
    Riotox Solitus Martial Artist
    Riotx Solitus Soldier
    Proud member of Lifeless Immortallity

Killin is my buisness ladies, and buisness is good -- Major Payne

Get Win98?
    It can't be that expensive now a days.

Linux? Thats Free. Oh but wait. AO Doesnt work on Linux.

i cant get windows 98 step dad wont let me.
    Riotox Solitus Martial Artist
    Riotx Solitus Soldier
    Proud member of Lifeless Immortallity

Killin is my buisness ladies, and buisness is good -- Major Payne

Re: Windows 95 chat bug

Originally posted by Riot
    Scince mid febuary and the 13.8 patch i have been unable to chat ingame. it was discovered long ago that it was due to me having to run on windows 95. I emailed funcom back and forth for nearly a month with them telling me to download this and that to try to fix and it was to no help. About a month ago Funcom emailed me and told me it would be some time before the bug was fixed and i should probobly cancel my account. I did for a short time but this game is like a crack addiction and i just cant stay away. This bug has severly hampered my gameplay. Not only can i not chat ingame, but also i can not create a new charactor, or even trade money to people, i am pleading with you guys to give me a bump to plead with funcom to get this bug fixed. because there are so few Windows 95 users FC told me that it was a low priority bug and would be treated so.... ill be posting this message on all the boards i can because i am desparete to get this bug fixed. Funcom im begging you, PLEASE FIX THIS!
    didn't we have this conversation like 2 months ago?
    Upgrade your OS or stop playing AO.

GRR I can't Play AO on my DOS 6.22 386 DX 40mhz Machine
    WHAAAA
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Problem is DirextX 8.1 doesnt work too well on win95 or at all.
    if you cannot uppgrade from win95 to win98 your a bit screwed..
    Verrant/Sony actually reimbursed all their win95 users after they uppgraded EverQuest to DirectX 8.1, since it didnt work anymore on win95 then.
    But then again I belive that FunCom doesnt use DirectX when it comes to chatting so you might be lucky and they fix it.

you can always try to convince yor step dad with the following sentence "The Windows 98 Start menu has been upgraded!! it looks hooot!"
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Originally posted by Irritated

didn't we have this conversation like 2 months ago?
    Upgrade your OS or stop playing AO.

GRR I can't Play AO on my DOS 6.22 386 DX 40mhz Machine
    WHAAAA
    Are you jealous of my computers RAW Power!?