Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Agent love? More like Thud, when the nerf bat hits us again.

Hmmmmmm.... i know that i haven't posted before, but that was because i refused to be classified as a whiner agent.

obviously some of us failed math it school...

three 40% of Current HP shots does not make 120%

do your math, we still won't kill you in a single shot at all

Aimed Shot should be a POSSIBLE 1 hit kill, just like good old Carlos used to do in Vietnam.

why can't we have, say a 5%, with maybe a 1% increase per title level, chance of a 1 hit kill, and still keep what damage rules we have?

then we would have respect in the arena, and we wouldn't always be dropping people in 1 hit, and that way a 75 agent, who would be trained in using HEAD shots (instant death), would stand a chance against some 200 ganker in MMD, wouldn't that suprise the crap out of him

i don't say nerf this or that, i just say, if you want to make a profession do a specific task, give it to them, and let them do it.
    nt's nuke, doc's heal, soldiers and enforcers fight... us agents are assassins, let us kill stuff in 1 hit like any self respecting assassin would want to.

flame me if you want, but someone has to agree with me...

Originally posted by Kakkarott
    obviously some of us failed math it school...

three 40% of Current HP shots does not make 120%

You sure you passed math Bub?

Originally posted by KKrylon

You sure you passed math Bub?
    Kakkarott means this -

Player hit has 1000 HP

40% of that is 400. 600 HP left.

40% of 600 is 240. 360 HP left.

40% of 360 is 144. 216 HP left. Not dead.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Well then thats just dumb. That is obviously not the way pvp works.

1000 HP.. 40 % of hitpoints mean that if you get hit (hard) you have 600 left.

Then 200.

Then dead.

Originally posted by KKrylon
    Shadelore, I'm not sure what level you are, or how you don't think six seconds (if you don't Aimed Shot) is plenty of time to annihilate someone.

What level are you? And what QL Ithica are you thinking of?
    Clarification: As an agent, with a ql 199 Itacha, skills capped for lvl 160+, 200 shottie implants, your maximum dmg vs no armour will be ca 2800, not counting if you went mimic trader & divested/ransacked some.

So in pvp this will give you a max crit of 1400, this is 40% of 3500.
    This means that if you want to kill someone in 3 shots, you have to shoot ppl with less than 4200 hp, including shields etc..

I myself play a 180ish agent, and it must be rare indeed I get to shoot at someone that little health entering pvp....So most often I will not even hit for 40% doing max crit...

So yes, 6 seconds can be enough to annihilate someone, but most often not...
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Originally posted by Cosmik

Kakkarott means this -

Player hit has 1000 HP

I really really hope you just explained what he was saying,not that you actually think it to be that way.
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

hehehe Cosmik totally understands what i said, i never claimed to be a math genius, but i know that %'s don't add in the way many say they do in this forum. thanks for doing the math for me Cosmik ^_^

and i had a revelation, instead of my title level idea, why can't we get a 1% chance of instant death hit for say every 50 or 100 points in AS we have. then everyone could benefit from training it, but us agents would be way better off, since we only get it at a green skill. just an idea....
    When you care to send the very best, just put a bullet through their chest.

--->New Agent / Assassin Guild slogan<---

I am very curious how many agents that want pure pvp will say SCREW rifle/aimed and just go for IPR, then flashpoint. A flashpoint with that 100% crit is gonna own, and don't say dark blues etc, if NT and Docs can do it, agents certain can too...also agents can mimic soldier first for masteries etc...

All this talk of using shotgun skill +rifle and maybe that ICC gun with 3 specials or a police lobster for 3 specials etc.

a pure pvp agent who is like 175+ would find a flashpoint/nova combo with a Ql200 ELLTS to their advantage.

What do others think?

PS - kinda lame all these changes for pvp and pvp seems to be ALL about hps/CRITS and SPECIALS...

Im still waiting for someone to clarify why Cosmik defended the percentage thing.

We all know that it doesn't take 40% of the current HP, why would he even bother to "do the math".

Thought specials took 40% of total health, if 1000, 3 shots would be 400 each, or 1200 total. Or has that changed to 40% remaining health?
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

Originally posted by Cosmik

Kakkarott means this -

Player hit has 1000 HP

Cool, the longest PvP fight in history will only be terminated when rounding errors reduce HP to 40% of 1 = 0.

Who cares what he means, he's very wrong.

As of now the current patch has fixed the ability to get off an AS in missions (and outdoors i think) dramatically.

Good Good, but now

-the 10 second timer on conceal needs to be addressed or be revaluated.

- Friendly nanos breaking conceal. The 10 sec timer can be Tolerated if and only IF friendly nanos dont break conceal.

- Hostile nanos seem to not have to break conceal either. The only reason being Crats ability to use their, useless in PvM, hostile speech nanos to pop everyone sneaking from the comforts of a yalm/wall/wherever.
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Originally posted by Grupert
    Thought specials took 40% of total health, if 1000, 3 shots would be 400 each, or 1200 total. Or has that changed to 40% remaining health?
    No, thats the way it is but the dumbest statement:

"obviously some of us failed math it school...

three 40% of Current HP shots does not make 120% "

was "understood" by Cosmik.

Futher making Kakkarott ignorance of the PvP rule go through the roof.

Noone in their right mind have used rifles from the point they had IP to do otherwise, and if this patch goes live as it seems, there will be even less reason for using rifles, hybrid or not....We would be better off dualwielding saucepans even=)
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Ya , friendly nanos breaking consealment NEED to be adressed...
    Also, area effect _hostile_ nanos (crat speeches & engi sympatetic ones) a should NOT break consealment too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123