Thread: Powerleveling

Question Powerleveling

Hm...i searched through the forum, but i didnt find a complete answer, so I ask again

The question is, how to become a highlevel quick!, and without having troubles then...Thing is, as much as i read, the fastest way is to get groups and hunt - is that true? ...but if, what about your inventory and items?!

I just think, if i level with groups, and make 10 lvls, i cannot solo later on, cause i have only grey items in my inv?! right? or is there a way to get fitting items?

or, better :

How did 100+guys (or even less ) do it? im quite impressed, cause I dont make more than 2 levels an evening...and that would mean a very long and unfunny way to play that game...im already bored at lvl 18 with doing the same all the time.

Thx in advance

Re: Powerleveling

Originally posted by mblack
    I just think, if i level with groups, and make 10 lvls, i cannot solo later on, cause i have only grey items in my inv?! right? or is there a way to get fitting items?
    Run missions if you want money and gear. Looks like you'll have to take a break from hunting. Or find yourself a sugar daddy.

How did 100+guys (or even less ) do it? im quite impressed, cause I dont make more than 2 levels an evening...and that would mean a very long and unfunny way to play that game...im already bored at lvl 18 with doing the same all the time.
    Do you really think that the solution to your boredom is to run through everything the game has to offer as fast as you possibly can?

I was going to suggest that you level normally that way you learn the ins and outs of the game and experience things in their good time, but if you find that playing the game is long and unfunny, powerleveling isn't going to make it any better. You should probably find a new game.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Well maybe his goal is to get to lvl 150 as fast as he can. That is one way you can play a game. In EQ you can do something like that easily (not to lvl 60 but to 50). I really don't know a way to do so in AO though. If you have a group of high level friends who are in your grouping range, you can leech and level pretty fast. And then if you have friends who can pass along their equipment to you as you level, you won't have to worry about that either.

Problem is, things are not so different in higher levels. It's not like in EQ, your life does change quite a bit at 50+. Here, there is less content. I'll admit that I am not there yet but that's what I have been told.

So I am not in a hurry to get up there.
    Janella "Zindi" Catt
    Trader, Rubi-Ka 2

hehe, thats the thing: I want to get in higher levels...I love the way Ao is made, the way I can do solomissions...but right now i want to pass this first levels as quick as possible to have something to do in PvP. I tried 14 chars to lvl 10 and now i make my mainchar, and thats the thing...now i know about the first levels and want to get up quick to enjoy exploring again...

Takes a LOT of credits to powerlevel a character. You also need a LOT of gear. You need all your nanocrystals so you can upload them ASAP.

AND ... you need a high level to follow you around constantly to keep you out of trouble and finish off monsters once you get them half dead.

Powerleveling is not easy and comes at the expense of credits and the time of a 120+ character who is willing to sacrifice his own time to follow you around and keep you safe and finish off your kills.

As far as leveling yourself as fast as possible, make sure you are a wanted profession (MA, Enforcer, etc.) that can always find a team. Then ALWAYS camp the mission terminals for items that you need and get three missions in the range that people want to do at your level. ALWAYS have missions ready for any group to do. Even if you can't use the items now, you will in a few days to a week.

Learn to be a bastard. Leave groups that are wasting your time. Push the groups into action. Time spent wasted for 'pee breaks', etc. takes away from your leveling time.

Personally, I think it's a waste to push for level after level for a few reasons. If it's your first character, then you are seriously missing out on experiencing the planet. Some level 100's have only been to 4 playfields. That's just not right.

Second, powerlevelled characters usually suck in that they don't know how to play the profession. I've seen powerleveled NT's that don't know they can Calm or powerleveled flavour-of-the-month Crats who know nothing about the Agg/Def speeches or proper Calming technique.

Your first character should really take the time to learn the game and learn the world. After that, I agree it's ok to take shortcuts to the upper levels with subsequent characters.

Lightbulb AO

Originally posted by mblack
    hehe, thats the thing: I want to get in higher levels...I love the way Ao is made, the way I can do solomissions...but right now i want to pass this first levels as quick as possible to have something to do in PvP. I tried 14 chars to lvl 10 and now i make my mainchar, and thats the thing...now i know about the first levels and want to get up quick to enjoy exploring again...
    At lvl 14 you havent seen anything in ao. There is alot to learn, implants, the grid, buffs, OE, ect...

My words of advice is learn you proff and the ins and outs. I am personally sick of seeing lvl 50+ (mainly 100+)chrs that speed lvled and know nothing. I was in a team a few days back with a lvl 57 doc that had in all ql 10 imps. and couldn't figure out why he wasn't healing as good as the ma. And when I found out about his imps and told him to upgrade his only respose was why bother.

The game reqs alot of planing on your chr. you are never going to get anywhere if you don't plan ahead. If you team with a group and get in 10 lvls in 1 night spend the next night blitzing grey missions to get up some money to upgrade your equip. At lvls -100 money is what you need and knowledge. Get both and have fun.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Learn how to play your profession skillfully.

Use missions to obtain the highest level gear that you can wear.

Kill red stuff for the highest exp gain.

Team up for higher QL gear, weapons and nanos.

Don't die.

Thumbs down Big Mistake

Power Levelling to 100+ is a big mistake. If you are bored at level 18 then you are going to be bored sick at level 150.

Sure I want to get there too but the best zone to be in, IMO, is the 50-100 zone (actually probably 50-85). You are just starting to get some really cool progs, money is still a problem but one that can be solved by intelligent missioning, team hunting is great, there are more characters at that level and more hunting grounds. You are high enough to explore more of RubiKa but not so high as to have nowhere to hunt (or minimal places to hunt) therefore the world is both open but dangerous. If you want you can actually save up for a yalm. Sure it will take time but at level 70 or so missions start to yield 150-200K credits. Do enough missions and you will be ready to buy that Yalm. Or, be an MP and work up to Quantum Wings which allows you to travel much like a Yalm. Then the world really opens up. Then you can go exploring those areas that are not accessible by Whompa and Grid without having to run, dodging trees, for 30 minutes or more. Now that I have QW I am taking missions in areas I don't have a map for. I just keep track of directions and coordinates for important places (Whompas, Grids, crossings). I am a fairly conservative player so if you are wanting excitement start exploring early. A couple of early encounters with Super Deep Red's and quick trips to reclaim blunted much of my earlier enthusiasm. Now though I can do the exploring, look forward to leveling, plan my developement. I have to really consider IP placement, work for those extra NCU slots, plan my implants with care. This is what the challenge of AO is. 50-100 is the Bomb (as my kids would say).

My thoughts.

Randalpho 79th level Clan MP RK1
    I never Solo, I have pets

Well here is how:

10 Easy steps

Step one quit your job

Step two Dump your significant other, as they interfere with play time

Step three Mve to a remote part of the country that offers high speed internet services

Step Four Cut all contacts to family and friends, AO is now your life

Step Five Invest in a mini-frige and cathider (no time to pee!)

Step Six Buy as much no-doz as your local pharmacy has in stock, and order more via the net

Now that you have all the Real life problems out of the way it is time to level up!

Step Seven Go to tir, and beg higher level people for Credits and Items

Step Eight Get to level 50 by doing solo missions, then headout to Avalon Borgs, and Leech your arse off!

Step Nine Go to Mort at level 80 and continue the Leech fest

Step 10 The rest of your leveling after level 100 will be in Broken Shores missions, this will take you to 200, you have no other choice!
    Maximus "Immense" Meridius - Enforcer (Don) My Armor
    Sun "Firegoddess" Kaba - Super Sneak Agent
    "Gridarmor" - Grid Armor Wearin' Fixer
    STORM - Best of the best
    Creator of AO Character Lookup, click to download
    Damn it feels good to be a Gangster

read this...

If u want to lvl fast read this article from AO-Basher

http://www.ao-basher.com/mem_genbyid.php?id=941

It was great fun hehe... *sigh*

Zyphoria 134 Trader
    The BlackHand

I soloed until 30-40, then went to the NW camp in lush till around 55-60. Soloed a little bit more till around 75ish. Then bothackers camp till 101. Then BS missions till now (166). I wasnt even in a hurry and that only took me since october. If i really wanted to power lvl and not see my friends or go party id be 200 probably. But RL needs its time to.
    Boltgrinder 200 (No Longer Rising!) enforcer. General of Mercenaries of Kai. Dream Setup Current Setup
    CamelLights 62 Nano Technician, To much MC for my own good.

Razi Quote until i change it!

Razi-Away: If you have a doctrine of loving cuddly bears, it means you will go out and love cuddly bears. If you have a philosophy of loving cuddly bears, it means you just love them. It works the same, only replacing "love" with "hate", "cuddly" with a cuss word, and "bears" with a minority of your choice.