Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walking to missions..

Originally posted by Noer
    err LOL

The rest of us just wish we could have some fun killing stuff outside instead of doing missions. :P
    Just be glad "the rest of us" don't have to WALK to missions

running isnt that bad

IF U CAN RUN

and there isnt a path on textures, but the zone ends there with no border, or a red border, or u spawn 20 miles eastway in the new zone from the spot where u left the last zone

I HATE THESE ZOE ENDINGS WITH NO BORDER!

HOW CAN I GET TO THE WEST? WHEN IT IS ONLY ALLOWED FOR LIGHT AN MOBS TO CROSS THE ZONE-ENDINGS?
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

Missionboots - Spoiler?

Hello

There are missionboots in a whole lot of places. At all whompa destinations you will be able to find Missionboots in close range - the first ones you should get familier to use - depending on what type of Mission you want: cash, close range or side change.

There are also a lot of mission-boots in places were people most often don't go for a mission scan.

I don't have my notebook here at the moment, however, some examples from clan side.

Wailing Wastes, my favourite, here you will be able to find some 3 different places with clan boots and one base with save and bank.

Varmint Woods - Short run from Newland Strate SE from road zone you will find clan OP 2450x2150 not many use that today. A bit Eastish of clan OP in a mountain area is an OMNI OP (Samuel - remember him? ).

Aegean should be some 3 places Rising Sun , Big Burgers and A trader station other side of river.

Same goes for most of the maps out there lots of mission-boots who noone uses - many of them not that far or hard to get to.

There are even small villages that people can have as their own if they want to - Like "Drumdar" in LR.

Lamonia
    Last edited by Lamonia; May 24th, 2002 at 10:58:02.

Due north of Harry's you can zone in to Milky Way right near the factory area. The factory's got mission booths that might be of use to you... I haven't tried pulling from them often, but the factory's a 100% area, so it's very safe.
    THEOREM:
    Omni Bureaucrats work for "The Man."
    "The Man" is the >190 Fixer title.
    Ergo, Phillip Ross is a Fixer.
    -QED-

Beating a Dead Horse

I hate to say it, but I find running to missions even more boring than leveling through missions.

The main reasons, I'm convinced, that they want you to get to missions on foot until around level 70 or so, are twofold. Number one, they want you to see more of the map; after all, lots of people say "exploration" is the main thing they want out of the game. Number two, part of the challenge of the mission is supposed to be that at least once along the way, you should pass by, through, or near a group of mobs that will at least try to kick your butt.

And since mob difficulty pretty consistently goes up the farther you are from a major city, and since only major cities are on the whompa network or have low grid requirements, by level 45 it is asking you to run for 20 minutes each way.

Generally, for any given group of levels, it doesn't take me long to figure out which mission areas are unreachable. I only have to be ambused by a half-dozen red mobs all at the same time once before I figure out not to take missions there again. (Being sent to the technoscavenger base in Cobal Sands as a 20th level character comes to mind.) Once you figure out where the obvious deathtraps are, you just watch the scenery, usually the same scenery, scroll by interminably.

As for the Kodaik recommendation, I have three things to say. First of all, a low level Kodaik doesn't add that much run speed. For what it costs most professions to buy 100 Vehicle Ground, they could buy up their runspeed by almost that much, and still have the benefit of it in missions. Besides, at its current too-small size, the Kodaik is silly looking. And finally, like all vehicles, if you do make up your mind you want one, it will take you a ridiculous number of tries checking the Advanced Vehicles terminal in each Special/Advanced Supermarket before you find a Kodaik at a usefully low QL.

So once again, to beat the same long-dead horse, I'm going to ask Funcom to do two things. For one thing, make the Kodaik more fun, by making it look like a motorcycle or hoverbike; that way, while I'm bored with the scenery, at least I look cool. For the other, we need an air vehicle to fill the niche between the Kodaik and the Yalmaha, something that costs around a million credits, and flies at half Yalmaha speed or more, and flies low enough to the ground that ranged mobs and really big monsters are still a threat, but still high enough to fly mostly straight lines between two points (10 to 15 meters would do it).

It has since occurred to me to wish that Quantum Wings had a lower QL version of itself with those same limitations (Quantum Slippers?) that Flurry of Feathers also allowed flight with those same limitations, and that the Fixer "summon item" line included the ability to rent vehicles, including Yalmahas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12