Thread: How to use Tutoring Devices?

How to use Tutoring Devices?

What do these do and what would be a good example of a use for one?

thx!

Well, I just bought one for one of my guys who has the Pioneer Backpack (+150 Tutoring, no IP spent for this guy on Tutoring yet). The one I got was out of the Basic Store and as such was really low level.

Target yourself and 'use' the device.

It required 140 Tutoring and gave me +8 to CompLit for a brief period. Effect was gone immediately after zoning. Don't know the duration if you don't zone.

They were supposed to let you transfer skills to other players letting you act as a 'teacher'. Recently, it became self-only (though, rumors are floating that they might have fixed it again so that you can once again Tutor others.)

The skill is basically broken unless you have a Pioneer backpack, have empty implant locations for Tutoring, or unless they re-allow Tutoring others. Having a 'teacher' in a Guild is a good thing as his IP's spent would benefit many people.

At extremely high levels it can be an option for 'pure' tradeskills characters (yeah, everbody has to kill) in that you can get +40 to the applicable tradeskills by only putting points into one skill. Even then, the sacrifice for the points into tutoring would have to come at the expense of another skill or the hassle of swapping out different sets of implants.

yup yup. It works for others. one condition you have to be grouped with them.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Originally posted by HidaReign
    yup yup. It works for others. one condition you have to be grouped with them.
    Can you confirm this with certainty? Am in need of a couple more points (4) than what I can buff/implant into....
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

I know someone with aroundd 700 in tutoring that uses it regularly for nano programming.

From what I have seen the QL of the device makes no difference. It is 100% dependant on your skill to determine how much you tutor yourself with.

Having 1000 tutoring is said to give you +50 to your tradeskills.

Not much at all, but apparently some people find it worthwhile.

Are team tutoring buffs stacking ? If they are that is really unteresting. 5 players can buff you 20 pnts each...

Originally posted by bunderscratch
    Are team tutoring buffs stacking ? If they are that is really unteresting. 5 players can buff you 20 pnts each...
    After a weekend of trying to use EVERY possible way to squeeze out another 3 pts of comp lit, I can tell you that no, team tutoring buffs don't stack. And tutoring devices cannot be used on other people. They do work on yourself (and are dependant on ql NOT your skill) for raising a few points.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

its about time all the tutors were fixed .
    Last edited by drcourage; May 15th, 2002 at 12:00:10.