Thread: Bugged health bars a serious issue

Bugged health bars a serious issue

I realize this may belong in the Game-Play Bugs forum. However, less attention seems to be paid to that board.

As everyone who plays a healer knows by now, the health bars in the team window are seriously bugged. In short, they either lag like nuts, or the client isn't updated often enough by the server. The result of this is that healers can not adequately monitor the health of teammates during combat, resulting in inefficient healing, or even teammates flopping over dead while displaying full health.

It's basically a broken tool.

It wasn't always this way. Long ago, the health bars were pretty accurate. I might also add that more players were around those days, so it's maybe not a server load issue. IIRC, it began after a patch (way before 12.6 btw). It started on one day, then never got better.

Forgive me if this has already been brought up in the forums. If so, it needs to be brought up again. Fixing this will allow healers to lay off the team heal spams.

If anyone from Funcom cares to respond, thx in advance.
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.

Here's a bad fix, but one that works:

click on each row in the pop-up health box. If you click on it the data updates (at least it seems to). If someone seems to be at 1/2 health click them quickly to see if they truly need healing. Or in a big battle keep clicking to make sure you data updates are coming fast enough.

Bleys

Hitting F2-F6 is easier. But this is still a chore and not totally reliable. If you're backing up a doc with heals, it's something you may forget to do.

The bottom line here is that the health display used to work well, now it doesn't. What happened?
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.