Thread: What are your Team Mission nightmare stories?

Cool What are your Team Mission nightmare stories?

Okay.. being a naive engineer, I joined a few groups. Most of my experiences with groups were great.... but not with this one (and is probably why I will never trust an Atrox team leader)...

1. I was asked to tank with my 'bot. I didn't think much of it... 'til I noticed the mobs kept trying to kill me first instead of the other team members.

2. The loot order was set to "Loot Team All"... needless to say I never got the chance to loot anything.

3. I got lost during the mission because everyone else left me behind. Finally I found my way to the lift to the boss room... and the rest of the team was waiting for me (apparently none of them wanted to go out and find me)

4. During the boss battle I was told to have my 'bot tank. Big mistake... the boss started shooting at me. I asked for a heal, but never got it... eventually my bot got killed and so did I, losing 7000+xp... but to top it all off..

5. I respawned, got my stuff in the insurance booth and went back to the mission area. Soon as I get back there I find out the mission had been completed and that the team leader got my reward. However, he refused to give it to me; he tells me that by dying my contributions to the team were effectively "negated", and that I didn't deserve the reward for having aggroed the boss and dying while everyone else concentrated their attacks on him.........

*sigh* oh, well... I can always get back the 7000xp by soloing....

What kind of teammates were these?

Such idiots :\

So you were the one who put your exp on the line to 'tank' the boss, and die keeping the rest of your team alive. The leader then feels he can keep your item because you didn't help enough, because you died....

*sigh*

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Ooo thats nasty

What was his/her name?

Name n Shame i say! That way we all know to avoid that certain person

Edit: Forgot to add ... At least ya can actually do team missions. Both times ive tried so far ive gone into a chain-crash/log/crash thingy and had to get ARKs to rescue me And the second time was after the server patch thingy. So theres my team mission nightmare
    Last edited by Keaorata; Apr 13th, 2002 at 10:49:56.
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Bah... next time I get teammates like those I'm going to write their names down and post them in public.

Come on sambika, you have to try the third time too!

If you're gonna die in the boss room just hit the button and go back up.

Today and other days with my soldier.

1: You ask for keys about 100 times and when they whine asking hurry up they still dont realise "I CANT GET IN"

2: you get in and say you are buffing and will buff other people after your done...Reflect pls, blizz..reflect, BLIZZ!

3: you tell them to stay away from the door and they decide to take a look.

4: You are the tank and everyone decides to go ahead of you and try to tank.

5: Some people think attacking the adds and keep on attacking the adds helps.

6: after spending 1minute soloing a mob after TMS runs out THEN they decide to come help and heal.

7: Pls do not stand in the doorway. stand to the side they wont agro.

player1 " no they wont "

/me stand by the side of the door, "see no agro"
    /me strafes in doorway "You haave been attacked by XXX"

/me clicks leave team.

I did that today infact, I was so fed up of how many time you have to repaet things, ask things.

How is it so hard to STAY behind me or follow :/

Anyway :P

Add:

8: People who are impateint and dont realise that everyone needs to be ready.
    The ones who call you cocky or "you have a problem" then they die and leave becuase not everyone is ready.

Argh!

The worst is making a new guy and teaming w/ noobs who refuse to listen. I ended up soloing and getting more XP. I'm not starting a new guy by myself ever again.

Originally posted by kyleb
    If you're gonna die in the boss room just hit the button and go back up.
    Hehe... let's see you do that when you're far from the teleporter (while running from the boss) and suddenly have "Feet of Stone" when low on HP while trying to make it to the teleporter...

It didn't happen to me this time... but next time....
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

WHY run from the boss anyway?!
    laugh

Talking Usually the doc dies first

My main char is a Doc. I find that most often, my Doc dies before any other member of the team. I don't know if that makes me a good Doc or a bad one.

Anyway, not long ago I was doing static dungeons in Mort. I was with a team and we had two MAs who kept rushing ahead recklessly. They ended up pulling an add who immediately attacked me since I was healing and drawing aggro, and no one was damaging him.

I shouted for help, but received none. I guess they didn't see the white shout text saying "Doc is under attack! Get it off me!!!" (I have this as a script. I use it often. Sometimes, it actually helps. But I digress...) So, down I went--losing XP worth roughly 1/2 way to ding.

About the time my bodily remains have been reconstructed, they are shouting "HEAL!" on the team chat channel. They still haven't noticed I died and they're getting angry with me for not healing them.

I just finished picking up my stuff from the reclaim and cast a low-level HOT on myself to start bringing my health back up while waiting for rez shock to end. That aggroed a nearby Sand Demon I hadn't noticed. Some nearby players tried to help me, but I was too weak from rez to survive more than one or two hits. I was torn to bits while still standing at the reclaim.

Before I got some map upgrades, I got lost in missions very easily. And as my Doc when I would get a team with some speed deamons, I inevidably ended up trailing way behind. (sorry but I start in the back of the group, heal everyone till the end of the fight then have to sit down and recharge, stand up and everyone is gone)

Well a decent team realises when your slow and that you can help keep them alive saving them lost exp, but a bad team forgets about you till they have lost you deep in the mission and they are near death when they start yelling for a heal and you tell them... "I told you I am still on the first floor and can't find the teleporter." This particular mission was a lengthy one and the group finally figured out that I could be of some benifit to the team after 2 people died when I really was one whole floor behind these 2, with the rest of the team trying to catch up to them too. So see it was not all my fault, they were really racing .

Lightbulb

Hmmmm.... seems like my characters have managed to avoid all those bad teams.... Except my crat, poor guy

I usually prefer being in charge when doing team missions. Not being inviter and kicker, just taking the initiatives for waypoints and rendezvous points so that everyone can get to the location without trouble (very problematic in all teams, noobs as veterans), while I try making the team stay together and assign roles. Twice I successfully managed to keep track on who was to loot which chests too.

It's not often I can have it this way (mostly because the lowest level player claim to be able to take out the whole mission himself).
    But my team missions usually turn out well anyway. Except one my crat did in Tir around lvl 20. It was one of those white-blue tile room missions, dunno 'bout OT, but Clan and Neut should know what I'm talking about. Few mobs, many chests, all rooms similar, and _impossible_ to navigate through. I was getting tired, as team went rampaging through the rooms, fighting 4 mobs in 3 directions at once (no loot for me).

>Thadnuriath: We can't continue this way. I request that all members move to entrance room so that we can agree on how to move for the safety of all members.
    >Low level guy: who the h... u think you are? (without periods)
    >Thadnuriath: You have assigned me as leader for this team, and I'm trying to take responsibility.
    >Low level guy: i didn't make ya leader
    (this guy did obviously not know that "you" is both single and plural)
    >Low level guy: how long u been playing?
    >Thadnuriath: Since August.
    >Low level guy: *whistle* (I'm not sure if he said so)
    >Low level guy: u think u own this game?
    >Thadnuriath: Funny you ask. Indeed, I have bought a copy of the game, installed it on my own CPU and am paying for subscription.

Ok, I didn't say the last one. I just said "cya" and left the team.
    If that isn't a nightmare, then I don't know

My most horrible experience comes from a team I've had, full. It seemed alright, until every floor we went up we lsot a member who had to go, then searching for straggling mobs we lost another due to linkdead. A total of two people left, NT and Fixer, we'll take that mission boss, no problem. The horror of trying to keep a team alive as it slowly dissolves...
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

The story is too long and too bad to recount but here are the morals...

- If you and another member of the team are questioning whether or not you should even be teaming with the rest via tells. Don't convince yourselves it won't be that bad. Run...actually ask a fixer for a run buff then RUN.

- If the 2 soldiers on the team are not making an effort to get the adds off the agent who is pulling...RUN

-If they are giving the puller h8ll for pulling 2 mobs when it obviously can't be helped...RUN.

-When they try to convience you to let someone else pull because they have a "map upgrade" (people) and this will allow that person to get less adds (puller already had this)...RUN

- If the "other member" from item one dies and leaves...RUN...you are now stuck with only idiots. Don't stay out of duty or loyalty...If you feel bad make an excuse and log in as an alt. (Yes, I hate leaving mid-mission. I feel like a jerk but I learned my lesson better a living jerk than a dead fool.)

- When everyone leaves you and your bot to handle the 4 adds they picked up running away because they wandered off...Get ROOTED, DIE then RUN

- When you die 100xp (~35k loss) from a ding and then get stiffed on loot because the loot was set to leader and they logged off immediately...RUN...Then post their name here for all to see. (forgot the name) This is especially true if your gladbot was only reason they even survived as long as they did.

Basically, it was a 2 hour hell with no benifits at all...no credits, no loot, and no XP but I consider it a learning experience.