Thread: Make Mort a 75% Zone again !!!!-Bump!

Make Mort a 75% Zone again !!!!-Bump!

Hi to all avg-hi level in the game!!!!

Tired of lagging in broken shores? Tired of always doing same things to level??

So plz Funcom make Mort NOT pvp again!!!! Noone goes there now and Broken shores is overcrowded!!!

Bump !!

Bump for it

No no NO! you've got it backwards. To fix this they should make home 25% as well .

lol
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

mmm

Why not 0% too?? Would be even more funny

You want the Reward of hunting in Mort? Then deal with the Risk of getting attacked.

The current situation seems balanced to me as it is. Most people are too cowardly to hunt in PvP zones as it stands already.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

its either they keep it 25% and keep borgs killable
    OR
    they make it 75% and nerf it like medusas (insane HP, dmg, and crap xp)

Angry nooo

anti-bump

damnit

//// halofire... DEMO!

Most people are too cowardly to hunt in PvP zones as it stands already.
    So, if 99% of the playerbase stays out of the zone, I suppose that's a good thing. Maybe they should make the entire planet 25% so that everybody in the whole game will then head to Broken Shores or quit.

PvP should be in places meant for PvP. War is about battles and not murderers out griefing hunting parties.

Bring on a PvP patch that gives us the PvP we all wanted and gets rid of the crap we have now. Make the entire planet 75% except for when a legion is marching into a battle. Leave the dueling for the Arenas and make certain 0% newbie backyards for team based 'Paintball' type PvP and 0% mission gas because it just makes sense.

Replies

Kuroshio: The problem is that the pvp range sucks: a lvl 200 can attack a lvl 75-->really fair isn't it?
    There will always be gankers, just to try to gain a tittle or just to make u mad. I was killed in my 80's by a lvl 175 MA: what could i do unless dying?

Tsuneko: They should make it 75% again and keep borgs as they are: They are hard enough to kill and provide good xp, like a good mission in broken shores-40-50k a kill-But Broken shores is sooooooooo boring!!!

Halofire: ok so i think u are 125 right? so u need around 5mill to level:Hardly killing borgs and always close to death, u are really proud to get the xps!Now a lvl 200 appears, ganking u, ---> reclaim, lost 2 mill xp: Fun isn't it?

Originally posted by Bionitrous

So, if 99% of the playerbase stays out of the zone, I suppose that's a good thing. Maybe they should make the entire planet 25% so that everybody in the whole game will then head to Broken Shores or quit.

PvP should be in places meant for PvP. War is about battles and not murderers out griefing hunting parties.

Bring on a PvP patch that gives us the PvP we all wanted and gets rid of the crap we have now. Make the entire planet 75% except for when a legion is marching into a battle. Leave the dueling for the Arenas and make certain 0% newbie backyards for team based 'Paintball' type PvP and 0% mission gas because it just makes sense.
    Not my fault if 99% of the playerbase lacks the cajones to hunt in a zone out of the fear of an attack that 99% of the time never happens.

Face the real fact here: the fear of getting attacked is greater that the actual chance of getting attacked. There are too many zones for the griefer minority to camp. There are too many ways (if you don't do something silly like use the whompa/grid) to enter and exit the zone to setup an ambush. And while the mission entrance points may be static and known the mission destinations are based on the origin of the mission so by picking a different mission termninal in another playfield, you can get another destination. There is far more actual risk from the mobs than imagined risk from a player.

I'm not a PvPer or a grief player. I don't fight in the arena nor run off to MMD to "challenge" someone sitting on the sidelines like some prepubescent kid at a school dance. As far as I'm concerned when it comes to 25% zones, I enter them in the full knowledge that I may get attacked by another player and continue about my business. So far, that has happened only twice while going to a mission in MMD.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Mort +25%=GOOD

Now let's start making more areas PvP until only the cities are safe.

OK . Then the 95 percent of the player base that doesn't care about PvP can cancel .

Originally posted by Kuroshio

Not my fault if 99% of the playerbase lacks the cajones to hunt in a zone out of the fear of an attack that 99% of the time never happens.

Face the real fact here: the fear of getting attacked is greater that the actual chance of getting attacked. There are too many zones for the griefer minority to camp. There are too many ways (if you don't do something silly like use the whompa/grid) to enter and exit the zone to setup an ambush. And while the mission entrance points may be static and known the mission destinations are based on the origin of the mission so by picking a different mission termninal in another playfield, you can get another destination. There is far more actual risk from the mobs than imagined risk from a player.

I'm not a PvPer or a grief player. I don't fight in the arena nor run off to MMD to "challenge" someone sitting on the sidelines like some prepubescent kid at a school dance. As far as I'm concerned when it comes to 25% zones, I enter them in the full knowledge that I may get attacked by another player and continue about my business. So far, that has happened only twice while going to a mission in MMD.

U Omni or U Clan

If Omni, please feel free to hunt at EFP

If Clan, please feel free to hunt at Mort

Dun forget to leave ur ingame name and the time in which u will hunt.

Geez, the person who started this thread is toking abt lack of 75% zone hunting grd, and u tok abt u doing mission in 25% zone. Wats the big deal abt doing mission in 25% zone, its a non issue at all.
    REPRESENTING OMNI-TEK's FINEST...in some obscure department

I'm not talking about cajones. I'm talking about a waste of server bandwidth. Regardless of reasons, 95% of the playerbase won't hunt in EFP, Mort, PW, or whereever else PvP is allowed simply for the sake of being allowed. That's a shame.

Lots of people want to PvP. They just don't like it the way it is now in Mort for example. Some Omni kills you up there while they are hunting monsters and to them, it's grief plain and simple. Happens one time and they never ever go back there again. Waste of bandwidth, artwork, CPU ticks, etc.

Tell these same people that Omni is attacking an outpost somewhere and that they need to heed a call to arms and they can't get in their Yalms fast enough to join the battle (after saving, of course).

PvP is supposed to be fun. The crap that some people are calling for is not fun. The crap that goes on in Mort and at Aces in not fun. The way PvP has turned out in this game is not fun. Anytime you can have one side fully saved and at zero risk of any negative effects to his character able to take items and cause experience loss to another player, you have a recipe for pissed off customers.

Mort is PvP done wrong. It's like an assasin in the bleachers at a baseball game picking off the players one by one. Many of us want PvP that is like two American football team smashing at each other on the grid iron. We want to know that both sides entered the game with the same goals and the fight was fought with pride and dignity.

PvP will remain a trivial sidenote to the gameplay of Anarchy Online as long as the agressor can cause significant monetary and experience loss to the prey. Until this changes, the only people who will truly 'enjoy' this aspect will be two players who both save before hunting each other.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    I'm not talking about cajones. I'm talking about a waste of server bandwidth. Regardless of reasons, 95% of the playerbase won't hunt in EFP, Mort, PW, or whereever else PvP is allowed simply for the sake of being allowed. That's a shame.

Lots of people want to PvP. They just don't like it the way it is now in Mort for example. Some Omni kills you up there while they are hunting monsters and to them, it's grief plain and simple. Happens one time and they never ever go back there again. Waste of bandwidth, artwork, CPU ticks, etc.

Tell these same people that Omni is attacking an outpost somewhere and that they need to heed a call to arms and they can't get in their Yalms fast enough to join the battle (after saving, of course).

PvP is supposed to be fun. The crap that some people are calling for is not fun. The crap that goes on in Mort and at Aces in not fun. The way PvP has turned out in this game is not fun. Anytime you can have one side fully saved and at zero risk of any negative effects to his character able to take items and cause experience loss to another player, you have a recipe for pissed off customers.

Mort is PvP done wrong. It's like an assasin in the bleachers at a baseball game picking off the players one by one. Many of us want PvP that is like two American football team smashing at each other on the grid iron. We want to know that both sides entered the game with the same goals and the fight was fought with pride and dignity.

PvP will remain a trivial sidenote to the gameplay of Anarchy Online as long as the agressor can cause significant monetary and experience loss to the prey. Until this changes, the only people who will truly 'enjoy' this aspect will be two players who both save before hunting each other.
    Can't argue that really. Good points.

This is something that happens to everyone at the Aces and Mort these days. The only thing I can think of is maybe get people to patrol and warn of attackers. Getting mugged definitely isn't fun, but we aren't necessarily completely helpless if we try and keep our eyes peeled.

Sometimes risk makes things more interesting, but it's too bad that the element of surprise is to the attacker's advantage and that the attackers get to (and almost always) save before they mug you at camps like this. If you die while hunting at one of these camps, you will almost certainly be losing exp, not the attacker if he/she gets killed.

I would still prefer to leave it alone instead of converting it back to 75% though.

Less XP loss for a PVP kill maybe ? Maybe you don't lose 100% of unsaved XP. Maybe 20-25% ?

Altaire

Less XP loss for a PVP kill maybe ? Maybe you don't lose 100% of unsaved XP. Maybe 20-25% ?
    That's a start. A good start as well.

The attackers in these instances are doing the attacking for 'the fun and thrill of PvP'. So if they manage to attack and kill a group that had just about earned a million points and caused them to lose 200,000XP would it be 'less fun' for the killers?

If they say 'yes' then I say these people are simply griefers who get fun not out of the PvP, but rather out of making other people feel bad. The victory over your opponent does not feel so sweet unless the other guy is banging his fists on his desk and logging out of the game, perhaps forever.

These people who kill others simply to hurt them, I think Anarchy Online would be better off without.

Likewise those who kill Neutrals without provocation. Here we have people who have implicitly expressed their desire not to harm you and in fact can NOT harm you. Yet, you kill them and cause harm to their characters.

I think a good start would be 0% experience loss to Neutrals who are killed in a 25% zone. What experience should be rewarded for killing someone who can't even attack you and whose groupmates probably can't even help him defend himself. Sure, kill'em all you want. Just don't gain off playing a game with a fixed deck.

I guarantee you a lot more people would be exp'ing up in Mort (and therebye be providing more 'targets' for those so inclined) if some lvl 200 Omni jackass coming over the hills didn't represent the loss of hours of playtime to your group of 6 lvl 110 buddies. Hell, they might even welcome the fight if it simply meant possibly being sent to reclaim and all the hassle involved with reforming.

Nah, I so enjoy it when at level 100ish I get attacked by a certain 170+ agent.

It's the PvP level restriction that needs fixing, not the 25%.

Originally posted by Asteroth
    I'd like to know this as well.
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away

QUOTE]Originally posted by Asteroth

U Omni or U Clan

If Omni, please feel free to hunt at EFP

If Clan, please feel free to hunt at Mort

Geez, the person who started this thread is toking abt lack of 75% zone hunting grd, and u tok abt u doing mission in 25% zone. Wats the big deal abt doing mission in 25% zone, its a non issue at all.
    [/QUOTE]

Why? So you can negate the advantage I have over you? That advantage being you:
    1) Don't know where I'll be.
    2) Don't know when I'll be there.
    3) Don't know who I am.

And that's what it's all about. The people who might be wanting to gank me have stand about a snowball's chance in hell for finding me when I'm there. Sure, if I'm silly I can stand on top of a static spawn point and make it easier for with the ambush mentality. There's a term for it: Clubbing baby seals.

Originally posted by Kuroshio
    You want the Reward of hunting in Mort? Then deal with the Risk of getting attacked.

The current situation seems balanced to me as it is. Most people are too cowardly to hunt in PvP zones as it stands already.
    Roger That!