Thread: What is the coolest outdoor place you have seen? (Static dungeons don't count)

What is the coolest outdoor place you have seen? (Static dungeons don't count)

The coolest outdoor place I have seen would have to be in the longest road. It's a hole in the road with a blown up convoy truck. Even the trees near it are bent from what appears to be an explosion.

I also like that omni outpost north of 20k simply for the fact that it plays a sound of radio com chatter when you enter it. It's really not that impressive to most people, but the reason I list it here is because it is the single most imersive thing I have ever come across in AO. It really felt as if I had entered a guard outpost because of that radio com.

As you can see I favor the little touches that bring the world to life more than the grand things... I am interested to hear what everyone else considers their favorite outdoor sights.

Smile Nice Topic

Here's a few for ya:

A great little scenic area - Corbyte Beach, south of the Athen West main gate (one zone). Funny thing is, I didn't discover this until a hunting trip with my first alt. . Soloing through the first 20 levels of my first character, these hunting grounds were not viable for me (6 members - lvl 5-10). I'll tell ya though, if you travel this riverside beach all the way to it's south end, just north of a small ridge, you can turn and face north and grab a great screenshot (maybe a new desktop?) of a rolling hill topped with some really nice palms.

A 2 way tie for my favorite hunting ground environment - The southern Mutant cave in Lush Hills, the fog effect there is the best I've seen in any video game. Truly a programming effort to be proud of. The other is Mort's Cyborg Factory and it's accompanying "ring" or ridge that connects the outpost and the factory. It seems that 80% of the time, there is a really harsh sand/radiation storm kickin' there and that is eerie on it's own. Mix in the paranoia caused by the cyborgs (who will own just about anybody 1v1 <@125) and the 25% gas and you get a zone where you can't just go /afk. Gotta stay on ur toes out there!

So many interesting places outside (missions, bleh), I'm glad there is talk of rejuvinating this forgotten activity.

-Mon
    Order of the Storm

The Enigma Forest.. CAV. That place is spooky...
    Dest

Loadsa places in CAV and DAV if ya have a good explore

The Medusa cities/platforms are well worth a visit. Aswell as the Enigma Forest.

Also in DAV is the maze where the Pain Lord and the Drills and Claws can be found. Very nice place to visit if ya have a Yalm and dont suffer from claustrophobia

City of Sabulum in PW is nice. Bliss and the Dead Woods deserted city in TLR. Another deserted city beginning with "N" in SAV. Cant remember its name. Its overun with Nanofreaks and wolves now... Speaking of Nanofreaks ... they have a village in TLR and also a pretty large city in SAV...

The Omni Tek domes in Avalon ... The Notum Tree and Notum mounds in Avalon

*thinks*

A huuuge crystal mounted on bones in SAV. Looks very impressive even i have no idea why its there ... Also the abandoned 10-3 Outpost is worth a visit while yer in SAV

Yuttos village in the Wailing Wastes. Visit them to get annoying tunes stuck in yer head

Little Green in Aegean is a nice area ... for a picnic Its a nice little place ... got some Unicorns running around aswell. Also in Aegean is the Rising Sun Outpost. Complete with the behind waterfall entrance

The set of waterfalls East of Home in Broken Shores would also rank as one of my favourite places. Its beautiful on a sunny day.

I *know* ive forgotten some things ... Ill come back when/if i think of more
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

There's a LOT of stuff in the Artery Valley for sure... most under-used area of the planet for sure.

Most of Clon**** is rather nice too
    Dest

Well recently i found an Omni Tek temple complete with roof top gardens, sacrificial alter, shops, save terms etc etc in Andromeda. Its really cool, like some mystical kung-fu cults temple neslted in the mountains.

Enigma Forest rocks big time, its just so damm wierd. and still a fab place to hunt.

Rome is a cool cool city.

Borealis is still my favorite city and my 'home' on Rubi-Ka

The medusa city in deep artery valley is a must-see.

Smile

My favorite is a Hollow Mountain OP in Belial Forest zone. Wonderful health resort acompanied by scpectacular views. Also Omega swamp looks very realistic with some outstanding background sound effects.