Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip to 2Ho as clanner.....

FunCom doesn't want people fighting in a little resort village like 2HO. They want you people to get out on the battlefields. They also want to discourage PvP'ing where you simply pop through a Whom'pa or drop out of the Grid and start your guns blazing.

They are trying to move PvP in the direction that most people want which is battles on open fields between a lot of players. They want you guys to organize forces and actually have to move across terrain to engage the other side.

They want Omni-controlled outposts like 2HO to be safe havens for the employees of Omni-Tek. People have been clamoring for guards to get some balls.

I think FunCom really misses the days of PvP at the bridges where you had to get a group together and protect each other's asses as you were on your way to the Objective.

If there has been one thread that has been going through the words of those who are not part of the PvP 'scene' who are truly interested in it, it's that they want 'battles' and not 'duels' and they are sick and tired of ganking at zone jumping. Likewise, for those not interested in PvP at all, you guys have completely shut down the Grid and Whom'pa access to a complete zone to anyone who does not have a Yalm.

In all reality, any Omni-Tek employee should feel safe zoning into 2HO. Only when he/she leaves the confines of the outpost and the protection of the guards should the nervousness completely kick in. Clanners should be scared ****-less to drop into an Omni-outpost in a Political zone. That's just the way it should be.

Think of it this way. You got some shops and nice picnic tables under an umbrella in 2HO. I don't think FunCom envisioned a war going on there.

True

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    FunCom doesn't want people fighting in a little resort village like 2HO. They want you people to get out on the battlefields. They also want to discourage PvP'ing where you simply pop through a Whom'pa or drop out of the Grid and start your guns blazing.

They are trying to move PvP in the direction that most people want which is battles on open fields between a lot of players. They want you guys to organize forces and actually have to move across terrain to engage the other side.

They want Omni-controlled outposts like 2HO to be safe havens for the employees of Omni-Tek. People have been clamoring for guards to get some balls.

I think FunCom really misses the days of PvP at the bridges where you had to get a group together and protect each other's asses as you were on your way to the Objective.

If there has been one thread that has been going through the words of those who are not part of the PvP 'scene' who are truly interested in it, it's that they want 'battles' and not 'duels' and they are sick and tired of ganking at zone jumping. Likewise, for those not interested in PvP at all, you guys have completely shut down the Grid and Whom'pa access to a complete zone to anyone who does not have a Yalm.

In all reality, any Omni-Tek employee should feel safe zoning into 2HO. Only when he/she leaves the confines of the outpost and the protection of the guards should the nervousness completely kick in. Clanners should be scared ****-less to drop into an Omni-outpost in a Political zone. That's just the way it should be.

Think of it this way. You got some shops and nice picnic tables under an umbrella in 2HO. I don't think FunCom envisioned a war going on there.
    But..

MMD is not a battle field.
    Who wants to fly out to DAV for PVP. 15 minute flight from reclaim.

2H0 is perfect for fast pvp. IT just needs to be reworked.
    Also if 2H0 was not ment for pvp .Why is it 25%?

We just need a nice battle field.. somewhere..
    Last edited by Wahoo.; May 10th, 2002 at 16:36:17.

Re: True

Originally posted by jakespeed

MMD is not a battle field.
    Who wants to fly out to DAV for PVP. 15 minute flight from reclaim.
    Can you tell me what DAV stands for and where is it located?
    Celebrant Freshman since July 2001, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Idoloclast Freshman since October 2003, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Blowfish Tradeskill gimp, designed to be a credit mule. setup
    Greed Name carry-over from Atlantic shard of Ultima Online, where he was a champion duelist.
    Unfathomable On hold.
    Implacable On hold.
    Flowbish On hold.

Account Created 2001-06-28 05:43:08

Proud? player of cAmparchy Online

Deep Artery Valley
    Go to 2ho, zone north once, east twice
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Deep Artery Valley. It's one of the tributaries of the Stret River.

I'll agree that the areas they set aside for PvP need to be reworked to encourage proper battles and discourage zoning. Basically, they need insurance terminals in places like DAV for everyone.

One of the reasons that MMD is hot is because you can save right there and be back in the action fairly quickly. However, having insurance close by the contested PvP areas is kinda stupid in that it negates any advantage of killing off the enemy.

Way back when even I used to go looking for some action, we used to fight over the bridges. If you killed off a couple of your enemies, it would be a good while before they came knocking on your door again. You simply didn't spawn 10 metres away or spawn in Tir backyard 5 and grid right back into the fight.

2HO is set up nicely for Omni-Tek employees to feel 'reasonably' safe. This still doesn't mean that a Sniper couldn't take the long way across the river or overland from up north and take popshots at employees as they take their lunch break. Likewise, you can feel free to kill the sniper in retalliation. Or you could get 80 people and decide to completely take over the place.

It's understandable that a certain portion of the PvP scene simply looks at the mechanics of a location with respect to what is 'a good place' to PvP. Grid Access, Whom'pa Access, zone configuration, insurance, obstacles, guard presence, etc. are simply 'factors' that enhance or detract from PvP. These people are the kind of people who can go into great length discussing the pro's and con's of a Quake Deathmatch map or the latest Team Fortress map. The fine points of environment layout matter because they are going to be killing each other there over and over and over and over.

For a bunch of other people, the PvP will be wherever the battle takes place. Doesn't really matter what the vantage points are or how easy it is to get to, because it's not some place yer gonna call 'home' for the next 3 years. There's gonna be a battle and one side is gonna win and then we move on to the next issue.

FunCom kinda dropped the ball for you guys who wont nothing else than to fight each other over and over. They provided the Arenas as an area to test your skills. Unfortunately, the Arenas still are not set up properly to ensure that the victor deserved his win. Check out the little dome at the Omni Base in Avalon for how Arenas should be done.

Even above this, they should have provided 0% gas 'Holo-World's' for you guys. Either that, or you should seriously check out some of the 'Junkyards' that are the Neutral/Clan startup zones. Go into any Newland backyard and zone once more into the Junkyard. Make that 0%, remove the scanner (save outside the zone) and you've got your Paradise. It's set up extremely well as a PvP backdrop with hiding spots, the tunnel, etc. To make it realistic, they could charge you a thousand credits each time you zone into it.

The fact that there is no war declared right now, makes it a little incongruous that you guys are fighting each other constantly. If FunCom would introduce Guild Wars, or allow a 'Fight Club' to exist in a newbie backyard with 0% gas, a lot of people would be happier.

When and if war is ever declared, the remainder of us who may want to fight for a faction will go to the battlefield as commanded by our officers and leave our blood or our opponent's blood soaking into the earth wherever it may be required.

Are the 4 areas east of Borealis good places to pvp? I've never happened to venture out there, but all I've heard is that it wasn't likely to find anyone close to my level out there.
    Greed Name carry-over from Atlantic shard of Ultima Online, where he was a champion duelist.
    Unfathomable On hold.
    Implacable On hold.
    Flowbish On hold.

nope

Originally posted by Celebrant
    Are the 4 areas east of Borealis good places to pvp? I've never happened to venture out there, but all I've heard is that it wasn't likely to find anyone close to my level out there.
    not on rk2

Odd

I thought amnesty was over.We have to be at war .

Why else would a guard shoot me on site?
    The reason i pvp is because im going nuts on the mission tredmill.

Make better pvp zones please.

Im hope funcom addresses these issues.

Originally posted by Mantravadi
    Deep Artery Valley
    Go to 2ho, zone north once, east twice
    I can survive about 10 seconds after I grid into 2h0. The guards and skilled OT mobs always attack me, and I never get a grace period.
    Unfathomable On hold.
    Implacable On hold.
    Flowbish On hold.

Not discounting that, as I think you should feel relatively safe in a large Omni-Tek Outpost like 2h0 (but that's from a pure RP perspective). However, it wasn't meant to be Funcom who put those picnic tables there, but Omni-Tek. They probably weren't to know that there was going to be a war going on there daily . Then again... those are some braaave (and stupid) vendors...
    Dest

True..

I killed a vendor for over cooking my steak .. just this week infact.

The reason the guards kill you is because you are in Omni territory in violation of the Tir Accords. The Amnesty was basically a time where it was easier to change factions. It was a short period in the storyline where a particular paragraph in the the Tir Accords was waived and restrictions on travel through the land were eased.

Peace was officially declared when the last war ended. The Tir Accord is the document that validates the end of that war. That document has never been challenged or withdrawn from by either side since the day it was signed. The planet has been officially 'at Peace' for over 7 years since July 5th, 29470.

However, as provisions of that document, Clan militant units are not supposed to be in Omni territory and Omni Employees who want to venture into the Clan territories have to offer a rationale. Anything else and they are to be considered outlaws and subject to arrest. Hence as a Clanner you are shot at in 2HO. Neutrals and Omnis are not shot at by guards as they are welcome there.

See my post here:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ing#post439476

for a further explanation of the justification of guards of the two conflicting factions shooting at the other side.

There is no war right now. There is plenty of tension as can be expected following the end of a planet-wide civil war that ended in a large portion of the planet's control being ceded to the CoT.

No event has occured that would prompt either the Council or Omni-Tek to declare 'War' on the other side. Not saying that it won't happen. Not denying the tensions that still exist between the two sides and often erupt into violence as old hatreds fade slowly while tempers are quick to flare. It's just not war until it's endorsed by at least one of the two sides.

The game needs doves and hawks. The majority of the posters in this particular forum can't wait for war or in fact play as if the two sides never signed the peace treaty. That is a good thing for the social and political dynamics of the game. Still doesn't stop the rest of us from seeing things from the 'official' point of view rather than the de'facto point of view. Remember when the American Civil War ended, clashes between the Union and Confederate troops continued for years after Lee surrendered. In fact fighting in the west went on for some time without people even knowing the war was over.

Just be prepared for when you use your 'but, we're at War, damnit!' response to someone for them to just as quickly turn around and accurately say 'no we're not!'

Stret West is in theory is the best place for PvP. Wide open spaces, no zones, few mobs. Lack of an easy way to get there, and the fact that there are no zoens to run to will probably ensure there will never be a lot of PvP there.

Personally, I think saving at the Bronto burger, then moving to the 25% area would be ideal.

Mongo in 2ho for Omni also Sucks.
    I hear that.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Bionitrous is doing his pure smacktalk RP again. Well this game is called anarchy online, he has his right to do so. I have my right to fight omnis too

Agreed

Call 2h0 ..what you will .. however it's 25% .
    There is no way to dance around that fact.
    See ya there.

Listen, I'm with you. If the game let's you do it, then fine. I'd rather it made sense and try to point out technicalities, but whatever. In the end, it's FunCom's fault for:

1.) Allowing PvP without repercussions when there is no official War going on.
    2.) Not providing a proper outlet for those want to PvP to do so without spoiling the rest of the population's day.
    3.) Advertising a War and then gearing the PvP 'titles' towards killing while unteamed.
    4.) Allowing the targetting of Neutrals in areas where they cannot attack first thereby providing no provision for those who want to 'opt out' of the PvP scene.
    5.) Placing the vast majority of good mission rewards in PvP zones so that people feel they are being 'forced' by the game into becoming prey.
    6.) Letting non-PvP'ers players get looted and lose experience in PvP. Isn't killing that person and showing how much better a fighter than he is reward enough without ruining his day?

I vote whole-heartedly for a PvP patch and don't do so from pure RP reasons. I would love to PvP for a purpose (heck as my guild is dieing from boredom, I might even level up my little Clan Agent). But, more importantly, I wish for the Hardcore PvP'ers to have a place that suits them and rules that suit them. I want that portion of the playerbase to be happy and continue paying their 12.95 a month.

I would like you guys to have a zone that has terrain features that provide some kick ass entertainment and doesn't have missions or static dungeons or anything else in it that would have people whining that they are being shut out of content. The only content in this whole zone should be PvP and it should not be diluted.

I would like you guys to have an Arena that is like the small dome at the Omni base in Avalon that stripped buffs when you went in. People could watch from the outside, but when the victors raised their arms, you knew it was a fair fight.

I would love to see the rewards for PvP go above and beyond the current meaningless titles and reference courageous input into important battles for such 'lackluster' PvP professions as Engineers. Tell me you don't think that 50 Slayer II's coming at you from over a ridge would not be an impressive sight.

I want you guys to get your 'capture the flag' rules in game as soon as possible to encourage cooperative PvP. Nothing is more fun than being part of a well-oiled team working towards achieving a goal.

I want everything that would make your lives more meaningful in the game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12