Thread: Scripting upgrade request

Scripting upgrade request

Would like to see some upgrades to the macro scripting language to at least get it on par with EQ's

1) /target <player name> ( you can do /assist <playername> already)

2) /attack (turns on your attack just like you can do /pet attack now)

3)/doquick <number> (activate an item on your quick bar)

On number 3, why not just hit the corresponding number for the quick bar? That's kind of why it's there.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

Originally posted by Nakomis
    On number 3, why not just hit the corresponding number for the quick bar? That's kind of why it's there.
    How do you do that from within a script? It appears that any lines in a script without a / in front are simply ignored.

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Scott Adams; May 8th, 2002 at 13:14:48.

Ah, I see. You want to be able to cast nanos and such from a script. That makes sense now.

Well, sorry to tell you bud, but it's been discussed before and will likely never happen. It's simply too open for exploit.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

Smile

Ah, I see. You want to be able to cast nanos and such from a script. That makes sense now.

Well, sorry to tell you bud, but it's been discussed before and will likely never happen. It's simply too open for exploit.
    third party macro key programs work fine with AO. It is very simple to set one up to do this. So if there are exploits to be had then people are probably explointing it. I can NOT think of any exploits this would give though.

EQ has this feature and there are no exploits there with the feature. I suspect the same is true here in AO.

Can anyone think of an exploit this would be used for?

I think this is a reasonable feature for the built in macro language to have.

Simple exploit with that:

Go to newbie backyard.
    Activate script.
    Script:
    Target creature.
    Nuke/shoot
    Repeat until cancelled

Now turn your monitor off and go camping for the weekend. When you come back, you will have leveled at least once.

No risk.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

Hehe yes that IS an exploit. But getting to level 2 is not one that many people would be using. Try doing this in a normal hunitng field and I expect you would not last long.

What would be a real exploit that would ruin game balance or allow someone to level inordinately fast?

Ah, but you could even do it at level 30 and still have it work. 1 XP per kill is ridiculously low, yes, but that is why you go camping for the weekend.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

Ah, but you could even do it at level 30 and still have it work. 1 XP per kill is ridiculously low, yes, but that is why you go camping for the weekend.
    LOL You do have a great sense of humor!

#:>)

Indeed I do.

Back to the issue at hand. Yes, 3rd party programs do let you do this, like you said. However, they will never be sanctioned by FC as they ARE 3rd party programs. Look at AOMD. That was such a vast improvement to the way that missions were searched for, that it should have been implemented into the game. But, it's a 3rd party, so it will never happen.

You know about the exploiting company right? Blacksnow I think they were called. Well, they used programs similar to what you are talking about, in combination with an exact pixel placement program, and they did astounding things. Leveling a character to level 50 in 13 minutes? That kind of thing is what they look to prevent.
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

Smile

Seems to me FC should either close the door entirely to 3rd party programs (as EQ has done) or upgrade their scripting language to be on par with the competition.

Once again EQ has these commands in their scripts and they are VERY dead set against exploiting in their game.

I still do not see how these commands would be determental. Note I am NOT asking for mouse movements etc. Just simple commands that should have been there already.

I can do some of these commands with my pet for goodness sake. Such as as /assist <palyername>.