Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tokens in short missions and some other 14.0 bugs

Question How is Dungeon Siege?

Darn, you were again faster than me. I just downloaded the Dungeon Siege Demo and want to install it at home - read a lot of good things about - how is your impression?

Oh, we are on an AO board, jaja, I come back to the topic.

-> Missions and reward. To get your XP/token now, you have 'ensure' a minimum number (5?) of MOBs per mission area, otherwise nada. I too often encountered grey cave type mission with 3 or less MOBs in there and didn't get a token(XP) - sigh (at least the money matters at Vermeers level). Though I have to say, I like this rule. Would be nice to have some more knowledge about mission setup, but what we have is a start.

-> Engis: Cough, cough. Ya know, old brother, Max is neutral, I like to be neutral and so on. But, Omni-1 is a great place to go shopping and prices are, let's say, better for OT folks (it makes a difference, especially in the lower levels). And one thing, Max for sure can't do, is making implants and other use of the trade skill compartment. So, what came to my mind - an OT Engi. I wouldn't call him a Twink, he is well equipped - I seldomly equip something I can't put in on my own, but I am quite efficient in implant switching by now. Nevertheless, got a trader and MP as friend ... .
    Homo Nano. Actually, I thought the Nano Pool would be larger, I based my thougths on the old 4/3/3/2 rule, but wrong again. So far, no major problems. I wear 3 up to date HP implants plus board, not enough for a fight on my own (above con green) but my bot makes up for it. Trimmers are quite effective if used properly.

What puzzles me a lot, is that outdoor hunting is fun with Vermeer but almost impossible with my Adv - wrong world in my eyes. Just don't miss the right time point to leave the scene if things go wrong. Once my bot got aggro from 8(!) muddevil salamanders - man they stick together.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

There were numerous rumours and confirmation that the number of locked chests and the number of rooms you visit in a mission also contribute to the % of getting a token.
    This may have been the case, I found it difficult to confirm that as I always went the "kill all the mobs route".

However I'm more than convinced this isn't the case now.
    If it was then in theory as I enter a new room my % count should go up.
    Every time I unlock a chect my % count should go up.
    Unfortunately it doesn't.

The only thing that increases that % is killing mobs.
    An interesting note is that the rats found in some chests also count towards your %.
    So, if you have a mission with a lot of rats in you can in fact reach 100% before all the mission mobs have been killed.

Referring to the rat example.

As I said.. I think there is a bug in the code.

Instead of counting actual mobs killed, they count number of times u get more than 1 XP, taking that as an indication of killing non grey mobs.

This is why opening locked chests (not sure about doors) counts towards getting token.

Replying to Max...
    OT mode on:
    -----
    Dungeon Siege is a brainless and linear monster bashing fest. It's fun to a certainly extent.... and the eye candy certainly never cease to amaze me. U sould see all the different armor, flaming weapons, freezing opponents shattering upon death, beholders, dragons, castles, snow scapes, lush forest, deserts... etc.

Endless. It's the only thing out there that can compare to AO in terms of graphics now.

That is why I said AO should adopt it for indoors and learn from DS in terms of camera control in 3rd person view. (AO's 3rd person view is a major headache in enclosed areas).

DS is a good side dish to complement AO when u get sick of all the mission running, static dungeon camping, etc. Especially good when AO is down for reboot or patching
    -----
    OT mode off.

"This is why opening locked chests (not sure about doors) counts towards getting token"

But that doesn't make sense.
    If you open a locked door you also get more than 1xp, so that too should count.
    At no point after opening a locked chest have I seen the message % increased of getting a token.
    More so, opening chests should mean that you can get to 100% before killing all the mobs, this is only possible if you kill rats.

I'd love to see an official word on it, but as it currently stands I'm 99.99% sure that locked chests do not contribute towards the percentage chance of a token.

Wink Mobs only

Kill mob
    25%
    Kill mob
    28%
    Kill mob
    61%
    Kill mob
    64%
    Open 3 locked chests in a row while running back from a dead end path
    Kill mob
    67%
    Kill mob
    70%

Getting the idea?
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Question Any news?

Hello ... Cosmik (long 'oooo')!!!

any news, I don't have to cite your statement, do I?

We would really appreciate some official statement on this - thanks in advance.

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12