Thread: If evade = opponent attack rating then 50% chance to avoid the hit

If evade = opponent attack rating then 50% chance to avoid the hit

That's the only way to really balance pure fighting professions vs merchants and nurses.

50% chance to avoid a hit if evade skill = attack rating skill of the opponent at 50% agg.
    Add +5% to avoid for each 10% agg bar below 50% (75% to avoid at 0% agg). Remove 5% to avoid for each 10% agg bar above 50% (25% to avoid at 100% agg).
    Also 10 points in evades above the opponent attack rating should lower the chance to hit by 1% (reverse it if the attack rating is higher than the evade). For example, with 300 more evade than the opponent attack rating it should give an extra 30% chance to avoid a hit.
    The chance to hit should never go below 5% or so (consider it a fumble if you are hit with godly evades).

Apply these rules to my MA for example with 1000 duck Exp and fighting at 40% agg. If she meets a shotgun doc in pvp with 700 attack rating, she should then have 85% chance to avoid all weapons hits.

With this rule, all professions will use the cheapest weapon skill (ie green or aqua) they have to hope to hit most of the time in combat.
    There would be no need to nerf crits because they would be kinda useless if you can't hit in the first time.

Do the same with nano resist. An NT with 1000 NR at 0% agg would almost alway have 95% chance to resist any hostile nano, it makes sense, the skill is green for them.

Right now defensive skills are FUBAR.

Also fighting professions would be the only ones to ever reach 1000+ attack rating to effectively fight the highest level mobs. NT would be the only ones able to nuke the hell out of them too.
    Support professions would be wanted for their main skills (healing, crowd control, etc).
    Professions would once and for all have their unique purposes.
    Last edited by Chill; Apr 30th, 2002 at 09:47:45.

That's the only way to really balance pure fighting professions vs merchants and nurses
    Problem is its the merchants who has highest atk rating of all in this game, 1200+ with shotguns and 1100+ with assault rifles. Even 1100+ nano skills, so hard to resist their nanos as well.

Some profs that only have dark blue combat skills would be totally useless, and usually those prof have light or dark blue evades too, so will never be able to hit and always be hit hard...

Don't really see those professions viable in PvP then.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

all atk/evade rating comparisons are done on the ams/dms system.
    in the ams/dms system, if they are both equal, ams has a 75% chance winning, this is a defining characteristic of ao.

Evades do work very well when your opponent doesnt have a crit buff.
    Ive tested a million times in arena, with buffed over 950 evade + my speech that adds 210 def (whatever it does), an agent with high attack rating missed and couldnt crit me at a fairly regular basis.

Originally posted by Wenzell
    Evades do work very well when your opponent doesnt have a crit buff.
    Ive tested a million times in arena, with buffed over 950 evade + my speech that adds 210 def (whatever it does), an agent with high attack rating missed and couldnt crit me at a fairly regular basis.
    210 DMS = 210 Evades. That's how powerful Crat Speeches are (AMS/DMS only)

And to note the first post, crits ignore your DMS.

[quote]
    With this rule, all professions will use the cheapest weapon skill (ie green or aqua) they have to hope to hit most of the time in combat.
    [\quote]

And that's the reason that many people are *****ing about 14.2

Why not just remove the skill system portion of character development altogether. Seems some people can't get a handle on character variation. See an Engineer with a sword in his hand and their little brains start to fizzle as the overload takes hold.

Evades and nanoresist need help. But that quoted comment is one of the things that's seriously wrong with some of the AO community.

"Hey, Doc. Just heal, baby"
    "Hey Mr. Engineer. Please take of that stupid Slayerdroid Transference"
    "Mr. NT, please stick to the Nukes and Calms."
    "Mr. Crat. You know we only let you tag around for the area calms and to be a Baton whore. Be a good boy and put the bow down'

Hrrmm to the last post...

Docs are supposed to heal, crats are supposed to be crowd control, NT are supposed to nuke... Classes are supposed to have defined roles with in the game. Not a mumble jumble of everyone elses skills. If they didnt then what's the sense of having different classes?

There is nothing wrong with an engineer using a sword.. What I think the problem with AO is that everyone percieves that to be uber you need to focus on certain skill and only those skills.. I believe you should do whatever you like and follow the vision that you have for your character.. If you want a Doc that duel wields chopsticks well go for it.

If people are in such of a hurry to flame Danae, why dont you come up with a viable alternative to her suggestion? I dont see you trying to fix anything... I think her ideas are great and i commend her for trying to make a difference and make AO not just another mmorpg that failed.

Dystopian proud member of The Dojo

Originally posted by Dystopian
    Hrrmm to the last post...

Docs are supposed to heal, crats are supposed to be crowd control, NT are supposed to nuke... Classes are supposed to have defined roles with in the game. Not a mumble jumble of everyone elses skills. If they didnt then what's the sense of having different classes?
    When push comes to shove, every professions job is to deal out as much damage as possible in the shortest amount of time. At higher levels even Doctors don't heal as much and shoot/dot a lot more.

Thumbs down

Evades seem to be used more in calculation of crits and high/low damage... Accually evading something is not a big part of the evade system.

The best part of the evade system is that someone will have a less chance for crit, and hit on the low end of their damage more often.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; May 2nd, 2002 at 23:37:25.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bionitrous
    [\quote]

Why not just remove the skill system portion of character development altogether. Seems some people can't get a handle on character variation. See an Engineer with a sword in his hand and their little brains start to fizzle as the overload takes hold.
    Ahahahaha...

Lol...

ROFLMAO...

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    How about we make evades work like concealment.

Make it so every mob has a % chance of landing their hit based on their level. No matter how high you buff your evades it won't matter past a certain point because something equal to your level has about as much chance of landing a hit as something 100 levels above you.
    Why even do it then? The reason theres a higher chance for Mobs to detect conealed players is because back in the day, there was no such rule. It weas pretty much a direct Conceal vs Perception check with the occasional flub that you got detected. Concealment was then the most powerful skill in the game and made Agents rich.

Martial Artists and Fixers are meant to have high evades. They are the only professions with 5/level evades and the only ones high enough to even start to withstand high ar mobs/players.

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Why even do it then? The reason theres a higher chance for Mobs to detect conealed players is because back in the day, there was no such rule.
    That was sarcasm at how stupid concealment can be sometimes. With 1700 concealment I sneak by vets no more easier than if my concealment were 1000ish.