Thread: 14.2 is on Testlive now

14.2 is on Testlive now

14.2 just went up on Test, you can check out the more complete patch notes there at:

http://dimensions-qwest.anarchy-onli...her/patch.html

Note, however, that at this moment, you can't seem to actually log on, dimension file problem, it thinks it's 14.07 remote, and finds the mismatch when you try to log in. Tsk.
    Last edited by Tiran; Apr 30th, 2002 at 18:02:20.

Thats because the patch isnt complete yet. It always shows that error (mismatch) when the server is being patched.

Expect it up around 5pm EST or so if past history is used to dictate the time it takes to get the server up and running.

Thanks for the info. Good luck to all the testers out there...

Thumbs down

They're joking, right? You have to reset ALL your skills, and this is supposed to make things less confusing? Lord knows, forcing me to reset every skill I have to get the points back from the 4 I screwed up is SOOOOO much easier than just choosing those 4 with points.

Morons.

The Epsilon Purge change is another major brainstorm. Let's take a broken nano and fix it by making it useless. I'm so certain everyone will want all their buffs stripped off to remove a snare.

Does Funcom ever, ever _think_ before implementing ideas that came up during drunken stupors?

I say no.

The Epsilon Purge change is another major brainstorm. Let's take a broken nano and fix it by making it useless. I'm so certain everyone will want all their buffs stripped off to remove a snare.
    What FC seem to have done is make it much more offensive and useful in PVP. Cast it an enemy and stip most of their buffs. It's like a Doc version of a debuff. In combination with a Trader's Ransack/Deprive in team PVP this could be very useful.

Then again, they seem to have destroyed all use for it in PVM. Ah well, you win some...
    SdKfz182
    Omni Enforcer lvl 43/3
    Formerly Vhaal and Ghilson
    "If you want peace, prepare for war"

More useful in PVP? Nope. From Cosmik on the Doc forum....
    "Epsilon Purge is self-only, with the exception it works on MOBs as well. The reason for this is because Epsilon Purge is a hostile nano program. What it basically does it strip the target of all hostile nano programs and buffs. So, it can be used on the Doctor themselves to remove any hostile nanos (and buffs) and be used upon any MOB to remove its buffs.

The reason we can't make this executable on other players is due to the possibility of it being abused and used in grief episodes. It would be far too easy, and silly, for someone to execute Epsilon Purge on another player in either the cities or out on the battlefield and strip them of all their buffs without their consent.

I know you all would like to use them on other players but that's just not possible at the moment. We have to take the lesser of two evils. I'll keep suggesting it be targettable in the hope it can be one day."

Didnt they change it so it would only remove buffs that took under 35 NCU? Was that still self only?

I am confused!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

It removes up to 5 nanofomulas from each class (Combat, Psi etc.), but only those under 35 NCU. It is an Offensive nano, meaning it can only be used on yourself, on mobs, or on other players when the suppression gas allows (the designer confirmed this on the Doc forums).
    Dest

Whats an ipr do?

Meaning, does 1 ipr, allow you to retake the ip in 1 skill back?

Mark

Re: Whats an ipr do?

Originally posted by mark24
    Meaning, does 1 ipr, allow you to retake the ip in 1 skill back?

Mark
    One IPR resets ALL of your skills back to base. That's why you get so few instead of the 90 they had originally decided upon.

Re: Re: Whats an ipr do?

Originally posted by narcosis

One IPR resets ALL of your skills back to base. That's why you get so few instead of the 90 they had originally decided upon.
    Not correct, one IPR point resets ONE skill. What they did was to remove the planned 90 IPR's and implement a total skill-wipe (YES/LATER/NO) situation. You will still get the IPR points that were planned for the title lvl's. I.e 15 alltogether if you are lvl190+.

This is the same as 15 skill resets whenever you want to use it.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

haha

I foresee a moron like me not being able to equip my floating torch or something because I forgot those 35 EE points.

=)

Exactly my point... their 'easier' method now means I have to write down every single skill I have so I don't forget an item requirement somewhere instead of just resetting the skills I don't want points in.

Easier my butt.

Let's not even mention that now you can't try new things out with your character and reset again if it doesn't work out. Don't get me wrong, the IPR is still useful and I'll take advantage of it to fix mistakes, but the 90 points was a FAR better method than this single total char reset.

It is easier, easier for them to implement. lazy bastards
    Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you.

guess they arent spelling bee's either

For those that were wondering - in the patch notes, they said "Organisation," they probably meant "Organization."

Re: guess they arent spelling bee's either

Originally posted by Makyla
    For those that were wondering - in the patch notes, they said "Organisation," they probably meant "Organization."
    Actually they got it right. Only the crazy yanks use a z in the word.

Talking Re: Re: guess they arent spelling bee's either

Originally posted by L1V1D

Actually they got it right. Only the crazy yanks use a z in the word.
    LOL

Is there any way to download the patch for Test? Every time I use the patcher I keep getting corrupted or missing files
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore