Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If i would be game director.....

Originally posted by Mantravadi
    will be harder for fighting profs to dmg you healers fast enough now too tho. Cant do more dmg than you can heal without crit buff
    If our nanopool was endless i would agree...but it aint...
    And there will still be crittbuffs in the game + scopes...

I think the big change we will see is that classes with defensive abilities (large ones) will be mor epowerful in general. As you just said MK will be more effective because with less crits and less OEing that soldier will kill you way before you get a chance to do enough dmg when mk goes down. And this 100% healing will be even worse, I can't see myself even looking at a doc anymore to fight now, while before I'd at least try. This also will make enforcers extra hp count for something, as it wont be as it is now where it's 3 hit kills no matter how much max hp you have, 1000 or 8000.

And will someone please reduce nt's casting cost on nanos by 50% as funcom completely overlooked this fact that you need twice as much mana to kill someone.

Thanks destria for clearing it up still noobish doctor here.

But to fryli i dont look on high lvls pvp from llv 110 i look from prospective of my 154 adventuree which i havent played for 5 month i think... since pvp "nerf".

Even back then doctors were hard to kill well we were missing many proffesions in pvp.
    Engi, MP, Crat, Fixers...

With adventuere i could kill MA with no problem
    Agents were also easy unless insta kill aimedshot (FA dual wielder is here)
    Soldeirs were almoust imposible to kill i only killed one and he was 10 lvl below me.
    Doctors not many were there but they doctor could kill me with just dots and ini debuff and alsways end buttle i am hugging reclaim doctor full HP.
    NT those nukes and i couldnt outheal them unless i crit trhee times in a row while they casting...

But docs advantage is still not only Ini Debuff but doctors HP i can self buff mysefl into 4.5k HP on lvl 114 and thats an HP of 150ish soldeir with decent implants and MK armor has 5k HP am i not right.

About eplison purge this nano program acroding to its description is not like rage you cast it to remove hostile nano programs. And what "debufs" we gonna remove? Doctor initiate debuff? Or those 20-30 seconds crats and engi auras? Can you cast eplison purge after divest or dominate SI or PM? All use of it against roots thats it.

About scopes.... will there be many LLTS in 3 month it took only 2 month to bring amaunt of Sunbrusts MKIII or FAs almoust to 0, few have many quit....
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

I know Fryli, but you have to agree that this patch will make you stronger. Your dots remain the same, your heals remain the same, incoming damage is lowered alot.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Originally posted by Mantravadi
    I know Fryli, but you have to agree that this patch will make you stronger. Your dots remain the same, your heals remain the same, incoming damage is lowered alot.
    Yea, i can see all sheild, debuff and healerprofessions getting stronger against those without any. But i can also see u as a solider become way stronger then today, because today it takes lots of critts to kill a soldier while his shield is down...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Julia PomkaEven back then doctors were hard to kill well we were missing many proffesions in pvp.
    Engi, MP, Crat, Fixers

Hu? back when? when dmg was full? everyone with could kill everyone with an alpha or critts. I had one Fixer in my guildt that was pretty awsome in PvP...

And about "Epsilon Purge" and i know there is not likely any doc that is gona be able to cast it debuffed, i've even posted about it in a tread at doc bb once. But my point was actually that it will try remove roots, and there is some professions that depend on roots and now we will be able to move it....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Julia PomkaBut docs advantage is still not only Ini Debuff but doctors HP i can self buff mysefl into 4.5k HP on lvl 114 and thats an HP of 150ish soldeir with decent implants and MK armor has 5k HP am i not right.

Lol, the day those buffs are self only i will agree, but as it is now, there is only a few that pvp without every outside buff they can fit into their ncu... Doc hp....me as a 184 doc should know how many time i hand out team-hp for pvp(i have no problem with that at all )...

Init debuff? how u think a doc should be able to fight i.e a Trader or an MP without it? lol, we would not have a chanse in h...

Time will show tho....

Originally posted by Whaambulance
    I As you just said MK will be more effective because with less crits and less OEing that soldier will kill you way before you get a chance to do enough dmg when mk goes down.
    ehhh, u gotta consider that outliving the MK gets alot easier too....

Put on my spiffy GM Outfit (The Grim Reaper)
    Go around and giving the Death Touch.

Instantly turning any player I choose into a super Gimp!
    First I'd start on every Neophyte, and work my way down.

I'd make all trees float like they used too
    Enemy Guards in Shops (hehe)

Make Yalhmahs require gas, and inflate gas prices to 100,000 credits per gallon.

Make Grid access free
    But Grid Exit non-possible.. we need a jail, right?

I'd than flood the streets of Omni-e and swim around have the best game in the world!
    Oh and let Enhanced Shark's free!

Weeeeeeee!

And about "Epsilon Purge" and i know there is not likely any doc that is gona be able to cast it debuffed, i've even posted about it in a tread at doc bb once. But my point was actually that it will try remove roots, and there is some professions that depend on roots and now we will be able to move it....
    Though Epsilon Purge is probably the first ever self-only debuff, looking at how they're doing it. It doesn't just clear hostile nanoformulas, it clears ALL nanoformulas. Goodbye root. Goodbye reflect, Crit buff, HP buffs, Expertises.Goodbye battlefield

If that could be used on other players, darn that'd be one lethal nano . As it stands you can use it on yourself, and on mobs.
    Dest

1. make pvp death downtime zero: this has the effect of speeding up pvp. right now one of the most annoying things about pvp is cooling your heals waiting to rez if you die.

2. make damage 100% again: for everyone complaining about 1 hit kills and fights going to fast see number 1. if downtime is zero and you can pop out of a reclame run back in and drop the guy who just fragged you its no problem.

3. give pvp objectives: add outposts to capture items to take from one base to another base kind of like capture the flag. giving pvp a solid point adds depth and is only helpfull. cause when you really look at it, currently pvp is pointless.

4. remove titles: even though id never thought of its i am in favor of it. titles lead to the behavior that we see today with zone hugging and ganking.

5. add a wounded status that happens when hp hit zero in pvp, the player falls to the ground keeping all buffs on but needs a doctor to come pick them up. this lets docs act as doctors in combat not the ultra self healing shotgun commandos they are now.

6. provide a neutraly located arena so that sides can duel without the cheesyness of doing it in a political area.

Alot of these changes rely on other changes to work. I agree 100% damage would suck if downtime for pvp was not cut but i wouldnt mind dying fast so much if i could get back into the fight right away. Fast paced gameplay promotes more fun especially if objectives are added.

For everyone who doesnt think pvp needs to be fixed at all, your screwed up in the head. If you have never played a real pvp game like Doom,Quake,Quake2,Halflife,TFC,Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, RedFaction, RTCW and all the other real pvp games i have played you would realise how much AO pvp sucks as it is today.

Melbringi 92 Clan Fixer RK2

AO pvp is EQ pvp without /duel

Originally posted by Melbringi
    5. add a wounded status that happens when hp hit zero in pvp, the player falls to the ground keeping all buffs on but needs a doctor to come pick them up. this lets docs act as doctors in combat not the ultra self healing shotgun commandos they are now.

For everyone who doesnt think pvp needs to be fixed at all, your screwed up in the head. If you have never played a real pvp game like Doom,Quake,Quake2,Halflife,TFC,Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, RedFaction, RTCW and all the other real pvp games i have played you would realise how much AO pvp sucks as it is today.
    Just a quick question... if you have 0 downtime on pvp and want a wounded status that let the player fall to the ground waiting for a doc to 'resurrect' you... Which may take a long time... Sounds too much like DaOC to me. It would make it annoying.

The second point, that pvp isn't what it should be, I agree. But you can't really compare it. Yes, it would have been cool if pvp were more like known fps, and that your skills prevented you from being able to run as fast, and shoot as fast. Or that the skill of the player would matter more than it actually does today.

What I'd like to see is that the range cap disappears, as long as you can see the character, you should be able to shoot at it. It doesn't make sense that assault rifles have a range that is shorter range than you can spit. One of the best aimed shot AR have 8m range (Techtronica disruptor something, I know that supernova is better and has better range, but that's not the point). In reality to be able to hit someone with a gun like that you had to aim upwards for it to hit the target.

So if I were a director, I'd drop the range limit, delete the range increasers (all - incl. nano, llts, yatamuchi and nanos), give enf. a light saber to throw around, together with a nanocost (yeah I've played too much JK II lately , give MAs rubberhand/arms/legs like the fantastic 4 (or Dhalzim in StreetFighter). If anyone else chose to go MA or melee, well too bad. And I would have given the great bloke "Sjokomelk" infinite hp and nano. In addition perm 99% reflect.

Of course that was a joke, seriously, I think the range cap is bs tho. There are a lot of changes I would implement and remove if I were to decide. For instance, I would make a duel command which is described on another thread.

Remove the recharge time of nanos and rather increase casting time. Have larger clip on every single gun (100+), let every gun in game be useful. Nerf mobs and decrease xp on them. Decrease debuffs to an insane amount (best deprive / ransack should be lowered to at least half of what it is today). Treatment should be green for everyone and the same with first aid. Grey mobs that are less than certain levels below you should give some xp (more than going from getting 10-15k xp to 1 is kinda drastic from 1 level to another). Make safe hunting spots for level 100+. Create lots of outposts and saving/ressurection terminals in many zones. Create own pvp areas and remove loss of title or remove titles all together. (logical place to place a pvp zone would be where omni and clan have their fronts, which in my opinion should be in the middle zones, much like 2ho is today.

In zones which has 0/25% I would have kept the grace period but also added a outgrace period, since it takes some time before the gas is out of your system. Let's say 30seconds of grace and 30 seconds of outgrace, which means that characters is attackable 30 seconds after they leave the pvp area. Or maybe even removed outgrace, once in the zone and the grace is out you're attackable when you're outside the zone.

About balancing... that's a tough question... The only way to balance out everything a 100% is actually to give every single class the same nanos and same green skills with skill cost. But that would ruin the game...

... But I've been babbeling enough...
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12