Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the good of all pet professions, remove...

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Did that make sense? Heh.
    emmm... not really

I followed the moved a post part because of possible content. but the rest was confusing... did you lock the person away with the post aswell?

anyway...

Arrow

Mmmmh... I think that one of my post was redirected to the Exploit forum where it belongs. If it's that you have my blessing.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Is it not possible to make MP pets actually fly ? inside the rooms, so that things placed on the ground like tables and chairs will be ignored ?

Please fix the damn pet pathing! I will not rest until we hear some kind of response.
    Killrmeta
    Veteran of Synergy Factor
    lvl 220!!!!11one MP Diety - Player since 2001

Buy some vivarin and enjoy many a sleepless night. I'm almost done with this game just because of how Funcom handles itself...
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

Originally posted by HidaReign
    question time... why can i run through my bot yet my bot gets stuck on a table. just remove clipping on tables etc. untill they fix the pathing.
    Bump

Missions are gonna look dull with no interior.. - Just let the pets cheat.

/grnllama
    Last edited by Shadowstalker; Apr 23rd, 2002 at 16:24:29.

Wouldn't it be possible to have the client handle pet AI? That would reduce server load and the step to clientside scriptable pet AI wouldn't be that far.

NOT a good idea with the current state of client/server sync problems/lag/deaths.

At least with pets and mobs on the same server, there's a chance that the pet will be doing his job while you zone out for 5 minutes and emerge dead/stand around wondering why no one is moving/etc.

=/

I don't know, but lag doesn't seem that serious a problem to me. Even if the client loses sync, the pet will still continue what it was doing before, e.g fighting or healing (I believe those actions are always handled serverside).

Heck, I've even won a couple of fights myself while zoning.

In any case, wouldn't a better AI outweigh the potential problems?

You'd still need server checking of pet position to prevent cheats, and desync would still produce pet warping.

But no more than on yourself. In effect you would have up to four (I hear MP have up to three pets) characters on the same client, with all except one (yourself) computer controlled.

Yes, there could be "exploits" where some 3rd party program could intercept packets and take control of your pets AI, making it smarter. But who cares? It's not really cheating, is it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12