Thread: When is a clan not a clan when hes an outlaw

When is a clan not a clan when hes an outlaw

In the past few days I have heard a great deal of talk about the clan politics. It seems the clans have grown to using a defence around the fact they seem to believe they dont have to follow the COT.

But the COT is an elected body by the clans and acts as the ruling goverment. Any ties or agreements Omni-Tek has is only with the COT not with any other clan.

The land was leased to the council COT so if you dont belong to the faction covering COT the first question must be asked what right do you have to any claim on the land.

In fact what rights do you have at all, not belonging to the COT is not belonging to the Clans, you have no rights you are not even consider Clan but an outlaw pure and simple.

Of course there is another option to control without power and that is neutral they have no COT.

So you see you cant claim to not obey the COT and demand that Omni upholds its part of the Tir accord you are not represented by it your consider an outlaw by all sides.

But of course you might have a different on the subject

Kirrana

Wow talking about the pot calling the kettle black.

You keep complaining about clans not upholding the Tir accord, but may I remind you there are loads of Omni-Tek divisions claiming to obey boss Ross, but at the same time wipe their behinds with the Tir accord. That's even more hypocritical then all those clans. They atleast have the guts to say they can't be bothered with the CoT.
    Don't get me wrong I agree when you say you can't hide behind the Tir accord when you breach it time and again. But let's clean up our own mess before telling others they need to clean theirs shall we?
    "Omni-Tek protects"?
    So does Durex, so what?"

-Caloss2

Unhappy

I must agree with Ensignm....

Though Kirrana makes an excellent point, it is hipocritical to make such a statement without noting the several Omni departments that consistantly change from loyal citizens following Ross to contridicting themselves by issuing Ultimatums which clearly go against his orders...

As of late Omni-Tek is just as disorganized and loosely managed as the COT and clans...

In order for any progress to be made by either faction, mature leadership must be formed and maintained. Currently the in-fighting that occurrs will ensure a never ending constant war and peace will never be realized on Rubi-Ka.

Neutrals are constantly ridiculed for their lack of participation in the conflict. The diversity and uniqueness that we as Neutrals express and uphold also binds us as a community disregarding those differences to ensure our survival. Once the two factins can establish this trait within themselves I believe there will be no bounds to what can be accomplished for the good of all.
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Dont get me wrong we in Omni-Tek are in full knowledge of action of TBA and SA (aka Methlon) in the so called name of Omni-Tek.

We are doing want we can about these people but they are still only a small percentage of Omni-Teks companies.

But to me every time I talk to the clans they give me the strong impression that they dont follow or have to obey the COT.

This post was not so much about the Tir accord but the bottom line is if most of the clans do not follow the elected council they voted for whats the point in Omni-Tek trying to reason with them.

You cant expect any power be it ICC or Omni-Tek trying to reason 10,000 seprate guilds all seeming with different ideas and objectives. The COT was suppose to the the gather of the clans, a form of power with the clans.

Without them your not the clans just a collected rabble. So here is the question which guilds fall or back the COT and which clan guilds are following their own paths a simple list will help us decide who we need to talk with.

Kirrana

Originally posted by Kirrana

We are doing want we can about these people but they are still only a small percentage of Omni-Teks companies.
    Another Omni-Tek lie!
    You know as well as I do Omni-Tek is doing nothing to stop these people. In fact I think Boss Ross covertly supports these people. Why else doesn't he act and start a corporate trial against these people, why else doesn't he just ship them off to another Omni-Tek operation off-planet? We have the Dust Brigade, but we act and try to eredicate them. You have TBA and you, you look at them killing our and your guards then turn around and act like nothing happened. Again clean up your own mess, when you're finished come back and then, and only then, tell us what's wrong with us.
    "Omni-Tek protects"?
    So does Durex, so what?"

-Caloss2

Its actually very Simple. The Tir Accord was signed by Omni Tek and the Council of Truth.

If the CoT holds no actual merit over the opinions of the clans then the Tir Accord is invalid. The signers are not elected representatives and holds no legal right to sign on behalf of the population.

Any lawyer will agree with me.

Think it over!
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

Not ever Clan and Clan member is part of the Council of Truth, or follows what they say. Most people now don't recall electing anyone, and have no will to follow what the Council says.

And yes, Baxie, the CoT is the one you signed the TA with. Clans not associated with the CoT are not held to it in any fashion, which is why your INSISTANCE that the Council is behind the Dust Brigade and thus responsible for their actions is bull****. The Dust Brigade doesn't operate from Clan territory. I've been over every inch of it. I've followed them to the Outzone border after attacks. The Council has actively tried to search for them, yet you still blamed them for not finding and stopping a group that you, Omni-Tek, can't find and stop, either.

Hell, I'll heal you as you come up and beat down people like UF and the Dust Brigade. You are welcome to wipe 'em all out, as long as I get one good dimach on Redruum.

As for how much influence the CoT has over people... well, the last time I heard from the CoT was a series of notes from Mr. Radiman about a few things, then on April 18th, they stopped. If that is the amount of control they are trying to exert, I'm not surprised.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Thumbs up

Both sides needs to do something actively for making this work out.

When I saw one of you guys wrote "Again clean up your own mess, when you're finished come back and then, and only then, tell us what's wrong with us.", I keep asking my self "How come people are so afraid to help, take action or try to understand, instead of pointing fingers after each other?"

You guys, do nothing else than saying what everyone else is doing wrong, instead of try to go to the source and see what you can do as an individual to help the situation to become better.

Why not start, at the point where you would say, what is wrong and what can I do to help this to become better?

Try to think of solutions, instead of problems.

Do I have any backup from you guys towards this opinion?
    ------------
    Best regards,

Grandtorious
    The Nordic Alliance
    ------------

Originally posted by Baxie
    Its actually very Simple. The Tir Accord was signed by Omni Tek and the Council of Truth.

If the CoT holds no actual merit over the opinions of the clans then the Tir Accord is invalid. The signers are not elected representatives and holds no legal right to sign on behalf of the population.
    Absolute BS.
    It's very well possible to have a valid law or accord when the governing body is non-democratic just as it's very well posible you have an unvalid law from a democratic government.
    It's not the government form that is key in deciding the validity of a law, but the law itself.

This is not the place or the time to discuss the philosophy behind this but I suggest you read up on Austin and Fuller.

Originally posted byThueBS

When I saw one of you guys wrote "Again clean up your own mess, when you're finished come back and then, and only then, tell us what's wrong with us.", I keep asking my self "How come people are so afraid to help, take action or try to understand, instead of pointing fingers after each other?"
    The only thing I'm pointing at is the fact that Kirrana is blaming the clans for the deteriorating situation and not upholding the Tir accord, but she forgets to mention that OT isn't exactly observing the accord either. That's inconsistant and inapropriate when you're looking to solve the problem like, I hope, she is.
    "Omni-Tek protects"?
    So does Durex, so what?"

-Caloss2

True, but it doesn't make you any better, does it?

He should maybe have tried to be more questionable of the situation instead one side, but it that doesn't make it right that you do the same.
    If any law would be like that, half of the population would be missing by now, because of all the killing and anger.

I hope it makes sense for you guys?

Say if you disagree.
    ------------
    Best regards,

Grandtorious
    The Nordic Alliance
    ------------

I think you're missing my point. I'm not blaming Kiranna for anything I blame Boss Ross and the CoT for not doing what they should namely attacking the root of the problem. What I don't need however is someone from OT telling us it's our fault. Frankly I'm sick and tired of hearing The clans are bad period. They [fill in here] and it's their fault. I know their are clans who do the same, although to a much lesser degree, but two wrongs don't make it right. Also my first post was not to tell both sides of the story. Just the clans' Kiranna already told OT's side.
    Last edited by Ensign M; Apr 22nd, 2002 at 13:35:31.
    "Omni-Tek protects"?
    So does Durex, so what?"

-Caloss2

As leader of Storm I would expect the Council of Truth to be interested in our abilities and strengths. I have never heard a word from any of them.

I dont even know who they are so I cant look them up and ask for directives. If the Council of Truth would talk to me about clan politics I would listen. they never did, so I could care less about them. The clans will be united eventually, but its a long and slow process that recently began.

Wolfe
    Last edited by Wolfe; Apr 24th, 2002 at 22:27:13.