Thread: Cloaking Issues Discussed

Lightbulb Cloaking Issues Discussed

In the patch description for 14.2 this was written:

Invisibility is now implemented for player-to-player interaction. This means you can hide from another player, and he will have to hit "?" (Search) button to see you. When you hide, your Concealment skill is used against Perception. (With 75% chance of being hidden if the skill level is equal). When someone is hidden and you search for him or her, you use perception as the attacking skill. (Thus having 75% chance of finding the opponent.) Also, we have found a bug in the Concealment code that we have fixed, increasing the chance of you being hidden from green mobs. The search code is changed when looking for hidden characters. You have a base radius of 5-meters which increases to a 40-meter radius (or all visible characters with 100% char view distance) when you get 1000 in perception.

This is a nice improvement! I still have my original suggestion that the inability to fire while cloaked be removed. The advantage of an agent under cloak is really not that benificial if you cnnot attack or fire when cloaked. Also most agents will tell you cloaking can also be a pain because if your attacked while under cloak you can NOT remove the cloak while being attacked. This doesnt seem fair that you cant remove the cloak while being attacked and you can not return fire while under cloak. That disablility makes using a cloak NOT very appealing to this agent thus i never use it. Please funcom if our making changes to the cloak give us the ability to FIRE our weapons while cloaked. This will make the cloak much more appealing and sought after increase the skill required if you want to even out the odds but alow us to fire under cloak this would truly make the agent a more valuable player and also fill the role of "sniper" as its billed much more appealing. Please other agents and funcom feel free to tell me your views on this im interested to hear what others think about this one.

On a side note Im VERY impressed with the proposed changes for agents in the 14.2 patch. The agents will soon rise to be a wanted character in teams and thus increasing the enjoyment of being an agent. Thanks Funcom for that!

I agree. You should be able to fight cloaked... OR, have it auto uncloak when you hit your aimed shot key (or q :P)

Wow the first positive post ive seen.

Im very pleased with the patch release notes.

THe propsed nano changes for agents make the profession much more rounded.

being able to fire while cloaked is a must however.

i dont see the purpose behind remove high level MP pets form the agent prof, nor making the MA crit buffs self only (thats gonna make hunting at the mines next to impossible for non agent and ma classes due to teh fact that alot of teams dont .. plan .. out there .. but anyways)

the addition of teh "?" tool (finally!) is great! the fact that i will actually be invisible will have saved my arse in the past , and will again in the furture. keeping my token board when changing sides is GREAT! lots of hard work going into getting those tokens.

I dont understand why fixers are so miffed. you arent getting nerfed. they are taking an idea that you guys suggested, altering it to fit teh agents, and putting it in the agent promised patch. you guys were promised love (new guns) in november, and you got them, lots of em since then .. but you havent been promised a patch yet, so .. i see your ire but come on, relax a bit.

i cant see one bad thing in this patch except for the MA crit buff becomming self only.

yes the repressor should be allowed for a few classes, but perhaps FC is planning on giving different effects for class specific repressors, docs, nt's, agents, and fixers, in perticular need them.

IPR coming out, wickedly good, i need it, LOL

im pumped about this coming patch i really am. i think it will be great.

No, you don't need to fire while cloakedd

No, sorry. You don't need to fire while cloaked. You're not firing while cloaked.. cuz guess what? it'd be too powerful.
    Also? if all your molecular structure is floating around dispersed, whicch is what the freagin cloaking device does... explain the idea of shooting a projectile if all your atoms are dispersed.

That's an in-game reason not to.

Bastet

They didn't say "hiding" was using a cloaking device, just that concealment is checked against perception. This means that an agent standing next to you in 2ho with high concealment (and your low perception) you can't see them.

have fun.

muzzle flash. loud bangs.

youre right... you SHOULD be able to kill ANYTHING IN GAME without it even NOTICING YOU WERE THERE. its PURE LOGIC !!! especially when in "atom cloud" form.

AGENTS should be able to PUSH A BUTTON to get xp.

how about false lvl ?

at lvl 10 you should be able to do false lvl 200. you would not even have to loose the equipment you equipped while being 200. that would make you a false lvl 10 when false lvl wear off.

Post Can't fire when atomized.....

But, strangely enough, we can be pummelled into oblivion and shot to pieces when are atoms are scattered about by a cloaking device.....hmmnnn.....

If we can't attack while cloaked, then we shouldn't be able to be attacked while cloaked. Seems fair. Of course, that will make sneaking missions a cinch......
    • Lvl48 Agent on RK1
    • 3D Graphics Programmer IRL
    • FORMER Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Programmer & Platform Manager (ERDAS, Inc.)

Talking Good Point

First off i agree with the last post if we are ATOMIZED VAPOR while cloaked then why can thier bullets hit us they can attack us but we cannot fight back. The point here is not so much shooting while cloaked as not being able to remove the cloak whilke under attack. Even if the cloak were to atuo disengage or if we had the option to turn it off when we are attacked simply so we can defend ourselves. This is all Im asking if attacked while under cloak we can NOT turn it off to defend ourselves and so it means certain death.

And to comment on the above post that agents are becoming too powerfull i must say they must have never played as an agent. Most agents would agree with me that our profession has been restricted greatly in many ways. Try to armor up and agent especially at higher levs. Our acs are low and our weapon skills suck. We needed this patch to even things out a bit. I personally love being an agent but this patch will now make us as wanted in a team as a doc or a tank. In my opinion this will bring the agent to full circle and give him an honest to goodness role in the game and in the world of Rubi-Ka. Especialy the side switching now thats really cool. Now not only can we go spy but so can omni on us this gives us something to defend against bringing this civil war to a more realistic tone. The clans will have to make agents just to counter espionage heehee this could really be fun!! Im actually renewed in faith about AO as a whole now.

So in closing my rambles for today If we can NOT shoot while under cloak then either they should not be able to shoot us either or we should be able to drop cloak and return fire. Fair is Fair if our VAPORUS MIST form cant shoot it cant be shot right! (That was meant for the ultra technical people who wrote that silly post) Only my opinions gald to see the others both for and against my idea thats hopw change happens through discussion