Thread: Make IQ Rings and MA Attacks NOT Unique!

Make IQ Rings and MA Attacks NOT Unique!

I find a nice IQ Ring in a mission I'm in. It is not as nice as the one I wear, though. So I pick it up and give it to a friend or sell it on the black market, right?

WRONG! It is unique and therefore I can't pick it up.

An MA goes on a mission for a new MA attack. Unfortunately he forgets to delete his MA attack before attacking the assassination target. Ooops, you already have the unique item and therefore you don't get your mission reward. And he might not have been able to complete the mission without the attack anyway.

Funcom, you threw this nerf through without including it in the patch notes and continue to ignore the dozen or so threads that talked about it. When you finally admitted in the next patch that it was in, every single person that responded to your thread hated the idea. Not only did the change stay but you didn't even both to lower yourself to respond to your customers! Change this or at least tell us why you can't!

Scorus

FC had been told the problem by many people before they even made the patch live. Seems like they didnt acknowledge what players told them.

I think that the programmer don't know how to change so you can't use 2 of same item, but you can have it in inv..
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I fully agree...

not only regarding MA Attacks and IQ Rings.

Remove the NODROP stat from the game completely, or at least from items not relevant to game balance. In those cases you could even set other requirements like Title level, skills, profession, race, whatever, to ensure balance.

I can't for the life of me (and I'm pretty durn sure FC can't either) see why this should be in there.

Examples:
    - MA Attacks: What's wrong with MA's having several attacks available. A full shortcut bar even. With UNIQUE's if that be the case. Would make for variation in fighting style, making it more fun for MA's to do and for the rest of us to watch.

- Vehicles: Why are these NODROP? It's not like someone paying 2-3 mill to a player for a yalm would upset the economy of the game. At least not more than it is allready.
    While removing the NODROP stat would open for a whole new niche in the game.
    I can see it allready, ppl upping Psychology and buying some ugly suit in order to become a used cars dealer.

Or the engie making cash from using his EE/ME skills to tune your Yalm... "You want some more speed on that? Well, 50k for the job
    and another 100k for the <insert tradeskill thingamajig> would make that baby fly a 100 clicks faster." "You want that Kod airborne? Well, if you can get me an <insert tradeskill thingamajig> of a certain quality, I'll have it assembled for a mere 200k"

Dammit ppl, I got a bag of vehicles in the bank... vehicles found during "the golden age" of chest loot. I'ld be of a mind to even give away a couple, as I got multiple at approx. same QL.

Bottom line: Remove the NODROP stat allready!!!
    Or at least give us a feasible explanation as to why not.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    I think that the programmer don't know how to change so you can't use 2 of same item, but you can have it in inv..
    You think programmers would know how PvP system works then? Sit and relax while Cosmik try to get a reply from programmers

Originally posted by ChupaNabo F.C.
    You think programmers would know how PvP system works then? Sit and relax while Cosmik try to get a reply from programmers
    We haven't even gotten through the Cosmik first message and Cosmik loses question stages yet and you think it is time to relax? New here?

Scorus

Originally posted by ChupaNabo F.C.

Hehe, I doubt that we will get any formula of that
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

What does a Martial Artist do when he gets his MA skill debuffed in PvP now? A Nuker goes to a lower qlvl Nuke.

Honest question, does the MA have to do without his specials for the duration of the debuff?

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    What does a Martial Artist do when he gets his MA skill debuffed in PvP now? A Nuker goes to a lower qlvl Nuke.

Honest question, does the MA have to do without his specials for the duration of the debuff?
    We can only have one of each special cuz of unique tag, so if we get that debuffed we can't use the special at all...
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

it seems as if funcom doesn't really care about the players, they sure don't listen to them very well

Talking Supplying the fun that funcom cannot

Wearing two IQ rings is not hard. Picking up another one when you're wearing the first is impossible.

Your bank does not care about unique items in bags. Nor does your inventory care about taking items from your bank. If it did we wouldn't be able to place or remove nodrops in the bank at all.

The rest I leave as an exercise to the reader.

BTW, if you think its an exploit, too bad, the unique "rules" screw people every day who find MA attacks and IQ rings, so you'll get no damn agreement or sympathy from me! Not to mention there are for certainly plenty of people running around with two rings on from before the 13.whatever unique "rules" came on the server.

Supposedly (FC reply on a post awhile ago) we will be able to remove IQ rings to use IP reset points. Maybe then they could fix it so you can only use one but own as many as you like.