Thread: Transform & Lighting

Transform & Lighting

I tried running T&L, 32 bit windowed the other day, just to see how it performed.

It started out pretty well... lightinh and shadows was much improved, and performance was not bad at all...

But then things started turning trippy...

Buildings moved...I gained X-Ray vision and could see thru walls now and then... and then, walking towards the grid in West Athen things REALLY started to get freaky...

A part of the building along the street "fell down" and moved around, building walls were shuffling, and the rain turned black !

And no, I was sober, I dont do drugs and didnt have too much caffeine

So my conclusion is that the game client needs to lay off those illegal substances...and maybe get some debugging
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

It's a shame, really

I've got a nice GeForce3 and when I enable T&L in AO the graphics look about the same but the mouse pointer gets really jerky and sluggish. I hate that. So I just don't use T&L. That GeForce3 feature is wasted in AO, I guess.

Might be a driver problem. GeForce3 here, driver 21.83, no problems with T&L.

Ah, reality, but does the hardware T&L give you any noticeable improvements?
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

It gave me noticeable improvement in light / shading ( fireplaces etc )

Using reference driver 23.11 on a GF2 MX in Win2K

Too bad it didnt last... maybe I should reinstall the driver or change it.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

I put my GeForce 3 in HAL instead of TAL yesterday and push up the resolution to 1600x1200.

Nice improvement, no loss of performance and the graphics are just slightly duller.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

You bet it does improve performance. Framerate feels twice as smooth (can't check, ctrl-alt-f don't work for me for some reason).

A few patches ago it was reset to non-T&L. I was wondering for a few days why it ran so slow

Seid, if I were you, I would intentionally take some drigs and try out the T&L again. Sounds like fun.
    Iriee

Bring Back Lankybill!!!