Thread: Doc Grid Nanos

Doc Grid Nanos

Right, firstly, the Encode DNA Sequence Doc nano line makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Docs can (for some odd reason) encode their team into digital format at level 80, but can't cancel a poison. IMNSHO, this should be a skill limited as much as possible to Fixers. Instead, half the profs in the game have some kind of grid nano.

Instead, I would put in something like a EMT/Emergency Response line.

Teleport YOU (and only you, the Doc) to a team member. Na cost of 1/2 the average pool at that level, cast time 15 seconds at level 80, 10 seconds at level 120, 5 seconds at level 160. High interrupt chance, so it can't easily be used to escape from combat. Or just add the "Can't be in combat" req.

Scenario: In a mission, the Atrox Enforcer makes a wrong turn, perhaps seeing a shiny object, and stumbles into a room of 2 red mobs. The Doc, following closely behind the rest of the team several rooms away, hears the confused calls for help over the team radio link, selects the unfortunate 'trox, and throws out the emergency medical response. Blip, 10 seconds later, the Doc is next to the Enforcer, healing its meaty ass. About 20 seconds later the rest of the team gets there and finishes off the mobs. The Atrox /prostrates the Doc and gives her lots and lots of money and items.

OK, maybe that last bit was idealized, but I think you see the point.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

It's a good idea.. but i doubt it will get implimented

Oh, I doubt it, too.

Seriously, Alpha and Omega is near useless because of a '8'
    second cast time. High level's by the time you warp and load the
    next area, Atrox is long gone dead, soon you to follow.

Btw, did you know there is a higher ql DNA Sequence Nano, like
    160. Its the exact same thing, same cast rate, harder to use.

Grid Nanos should be fixer only. I have nothing more to say on that topic.
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

Technicaly I see nothing wrong with being able to code
    your "DNA" into digital format. I mean, in the discription it
    even talks about it as a Doctor item.

It isn't really a question of the feasible logistics of the process itself, rather, it's a question of... where do you draw the line on giving away unique class abilities?
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Yes, the higher level team grid nanos for Docs have faster cast times - ql80 is 140 secs, ql120ish is 100 secs, ql160ish is 60 secs, IIRC.

I agree that grid nanos should be mostly Fixer.

And yes, A&O is pretty useless, in the situations that Docs use heals. Considering that the ql116 Doc heal is something like 500-900, and I instacast it with a 3 second recharge time, I can heal on average 700 hit points 3 times in the time it takes to cast A&O. In an emergency situation (someone is dying NOW), I would probably do that.

I suppose that A&O has its uses - after fights where everyone is boned, a group with 2 Docs that is going down, an ambush, etc, but they are fairly limited.

Anyway, Adventurers get a full heal 25 levels before Docs do. It just takes 1 second longer to cast/recharge. Adventurers may be boned elsewhere, but I think it is stupid. I say that in the same spirit that I think the Doc team grid nanos are stupid.

Name Invocation of the Phoenix
    QL 159
    Nanocost 1600
    Attack time 13 s
    Recharge time 13 s
    Requirements biological meta 751
    matter meta 680
    Effects modify target health 10001 - 10001

Name Alpha and Omega
    QL 185
    Nanocost 1800
    Attack time 12 s
    Recharge time 12 s
    Requirements biological meta 874
    matter meta 787
    Effects modify team health 9999 - 9999

You're not comparing like with like there. The Adventurer heal there is a Target Complete Heal. Alpha and Omega is the Doctor's Team Complete Heal. This is the Doc's equivalent to Invocation of the Phoenix

Name Complete Healing
    Description The target is completely healed of all damage.
    Crystal Nano Crystal (Complete Healing)
    QL 169
    NCU 52
    Nanocost 1400
    Duration 0 s
    Attack time 5.5 s
    Recharge time 8 s
    Range 25 m
    Attack skills biological meta 52
    matter meta 48

Requirements biological meta 795
    matter meta 723
    visual profession doctor

Effects modify target health 10001 - 10001

Sure... the requirements are a little higher (though not necessarrily met later... any Advs care to say when they could use Invocation? Not sure on how the skills and caps work out). But... big difference... a reasonable Attack time of 5.5s. By the time you can use this nano, and provided you have a decent compiler in, that's Insta-cast at full aggro! And 8s of recharge isn't TOO bad. Trust me

Dest

You know, when I'm playing my doc, I can use heals over 30 QLs higher than my level. My adventurer can use maybe 5 QLs higher max. Now who would get the complete heal first ?

By the way, my team is always more than happy with the doc grid nano. Fixers aren't always available, you know.

Blip, 10 seconds later, the Doc is next to the Enforcer, healing its meaty ass.
    lol, you doing 40-50% missions ? 10 seconds without healing = dead enforcer.

Originally posted by reality
    By the way, my team is always more than happy with the doc grid nano. Fixers aren't always available, you know.
    So? They also aren't even taken when they ARE available.

lol, you doing 40-50% missions ? 10 seconds without healing = dead enforcer.
    lol, you teaming with crappy enforcers ?

Please hand in your Grid Nanos at the mission central in Newland City. In the spirit of beamers and bolters there will be no refund. Have a nice day.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

The sames to say for most Heal nanos. Granted they dont use
    them as fast as Doctors. High Game their nanos are as good as
    ours. 'Cept for MA's Recharge Time.

From what I've seen. Traders have awesome Team Heals. Adv's
    can do just as well considering we all hit for Mim Heal Most the
    time.

You can have my HoTs anytime.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Actually, on second thought, it's more of a design flaw that's causing the lack of need for fixer grid nanos... fights are so fast, since in a group we all typically fight things that are extremely red to us, that by the time the $hit hits the fan, everyone's already been ground up in it...

Even 6 seconds for a fixer evac can sometimes be too slow... not always, but sometimes... also, there needs to be a way for people to get back to where they were, like, say you evac, the whole team regroups in the grid, then you take the emergency exit, and that'll take you to the zone out point of the mission you were in, or randomly drop you in a 100ft. radius of where you evaced if you're in the wilderness...

In retrospect, I don't really hate Docs for having grid nanos, since the evacs are still unique... there just needs to be more depth to the line of nanos for fixers...

Docs really don't need a self-teleporting to heal nano line, but if they had a non-line of sight REALLY long range heal nano that healed a good solid amount but locked healing skills for say, three times as long as a regular nano, that would be really cool...

Enforcer = dumb, runs off alone, you see his health going down FAST, so you target him, nail the non-LOS heal, you see the direction the nanobots went, and everyone starts sprinting off to try and back him up...

*shrug* Just an extension of the thought.
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.