Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Warped to Mort, then ganked by your teammates

Talking

hi nova! still got them pants for me? XD

Freshman Hotpanties
    lvl 126 clan fixer rk1

I was once invited to go to aces (Im clan) with an omni guy i had been leveling with at bs.
    I ofcource knew that this could only end in one way but i tagged along.
    The second i get to aces this omni dude leaves team and attackes, ofcource me beeing in qw just fly away to a safe distance. he then sends a tell saying that he is sorry and that he tought i was a ganker and that i should come back down to hunt.
    So i swoop down there and he imidiately leaves team and attacks me again =) the dirty bastard!
    I ofcource fly away again and tells the team that i will be back with a team of clanners to gank them when they have some xp on the line.
    Some guys are will go to any lenght to gank yet most of them are to stupid to even pull off a simple gank.

And to all of you doing the engie warp trick i DARE ya to warp me you coward bastards.

ROFLMAO

That was an wery fun thing to do... lol poor man... I think that it isnt bannable and thats a tactic.
    Its like you enter... suddenly it says loading map and boom your in mort efp or somewhere else.
    I that was me I knew I had 15secs -lag to escape so the best thing to do is /terminate
    what if they did this at the end of a mission so u lost loot+exp ?
    damn it would be fun to try this tactic on the more "cowardly" ppl with high titles =)))
    5vs1 in the desert...

summary:
    If someone does this trick to you do /terminate OR if you feel lucky equip the yal as soon as possible and

After reading alot of posts I can tell that some people must be confused about this tactic. Some people think you can do it and some people think you cant. Then theres the people who have no clue if it is legal or not.

Since Cosmik and CZ are too bust kickin phat rhymez
    ( http://angelfire.com/comics/aostories/hiphop )
    I thought I would reply and help clear up the confusion.

You will get banned if you use this tactic. You will not recieve a warning if you do it either. You will automatically serve a 2 week suspension of your account. If you thought this was a viable means of killing people think again.

How do I know?

I was banned for 2 weeks without ever in my time of AO recieving a warning for anything. So if you have recieved a warning in the past you can pretty much assume your gonna be banned for a month for doing it.

Click here for naked pics of Syrah
    ( http://angelfire.com/comics/aostories/episode2.html )

Re: Warped to Mort, then ganked by your teammates

Originally posted by cson
    I heard that this is an expoit, but I don't see how. It just sounds like a rotten thing to do. Basically, you're waiting in BS to find a group. Someone asks you if you want to do a mission in Avalon where there is less lag. An engineer warps you to Mort, and you get ganked by 5 people.

I personally hate missions, and missions are the same whether there in BS or anywhere else. But how would you prevent this from happening?

1) Equip your Yalmaha prior to being warped
    2) If you get warped to Mort, fly like hell

Can an Engie warp you while you're in a Yal?

Why is this an exploit, and why is Funcom policing this practice?

the reason that they consider it an exploit is because there is a large percentage of the population that does not want to pvp and do not intentionally go to pvp zones so they can avoid it...if you intentionally mislead someone in a non-pvp zone to group with you so that you can take them to a pvp zone simply to kill them is not fair to those that do not ever wish to pvp...
    +Tekniker 142 Engineer
    +Xiaopingxu 121 Fixer
    +Stongrel 135 MA
    +Ukkonen 100 Agent
    +Pixelation 79 NT
    The Flying Frog Brigade

Originally posted by Dragonfly
    After reading alot of posts I can tell that some people must be confused about this tactic. Some people think you can do it and some people think you cant. Then theres the people who have no clue if it is legal or not.

Since Cosmik and CZ are too bust kickin phat rhymez
    ( http://angelfire.com/comics/aostories/hiphop )
    I thought I would reply and help clear up the confusion.

You will get banned if you use this tactic. You will not recieve a warning if you do it either. You will automatically serve a 2 week suspension of your account. If you thought this was a viable means of killing people think again.

How do I know?

I was banned for 2 weeks without ever in my time of AO recieving a warning for anything. So if you have recieved a warning in the past you can pretty much assume your gonna be banned for a month for doing it.

Click here for naked pics of Syrah
    ( http://angelfire.com/comics/aostories/episode2.html )
    thats crap if you are dumb enuff to fall for it you should pay the price i mean no one forced your char in a team and nothing was used as it was not intended, a warp will warp u to where the engie is period.

funcom needs to nerf whining with a vengence, if they nerf the ability to whine about little pittily crap like this like they nerf huge game issues stuff woud be alot better.

i think its pretty damn funny and a good tactic to warp somone ot a pvp zone and kill em, cracks me up tell u the truth

Talking Re: Re: creative?

Originally posted by Mharc

Right. That's the only way someone can be creative. By being a strategic genius....

Fact is, the warp nano has been in game for quite some time and only now does this tactic become known to the greater public. That means it's not a straightforward thing to do. That means it took creativity to think it up.

I don't claim this trick is the Mona Lisa of game tactics, but putting down an effort at ****ing things up doesn't seem very productive to me.

Of course, that's just me...
    Ummmmm, I have seen this used for a looong time. When I first joined a guild it was considered one of the best ways to get back at someone who had killed you.

Personally I try to be careful about who I team with. Being a former member of DRAP (TBA), we never teamed with clans during the amnesty. Should someone choose to kill me this way now I would probably find it hillarious. There arent many tactics that the "victim" will find very funny or good...but hey, thats life on Rubi Ka.

Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Pr!@ks

Sorry but i hate this kind of crap. When going into battle you prepare yourself. This is nothing more than a couple weak kids being pr!cks!! I used to play UO and the gig for these weak minded little freaks on that game was to run around looking for a guild to join, and in UO, in-guild fighting was programmed in for training purposes. So what the little 12 year old wanker would do is get guilded and right there pull out his vanq broad and gank your unsuspecting arse. Typically we are talking about powerless little children in real life that work out the frustrations of being a loser by pissing people off. Team with those you know and those your aligned with. Cuts down on the gank possibilities.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234