Thread: Internet disconnections

Internet disconnections

What i'd really like to see fixed in 14 or even by 14.2 are the frequent disconnections from the internet.

Whenever I (and many others) play, we are frequently disconnected from the internet. NOT from funcom server, but from the internet. This is not the ISP because it NEVER happens at any other time. ONLY when playing AO. IT happens on dial-up for me. And I've read posts where people using cable and ISDN had the same problem.

I play alot of online games. I never get disconnected when playing them. IT is inevitable when i start Anarchy Online that i will lose my internet connection and be forced to re-log, sometimes my modem jams and screws everything up, forcing me to hit the restart button on my computer. Sometimes it happens 5 minutes after i log on, sometimes 40 minutes. Always within an hour. And it doesn't happen just that one time when i start. As long as I'm playing, I have to re-connect (sometimes re-boot) every few minutes.

Unless you don't mind the reclaim terminal, this makes the game impossible to play.

Please fix this, and please don't tell me anymore that it's my ISP, when it happens to other people on other ISPs.

Unhappy disconnects suck

I get disconnected from my isp (BT openworld) every 2 hours, they suck. But I can't see how you get disconnected from the net while playing ao, that doesnt make sense. I get disconnected whether i'm playing ao or not. It must be a problem with your computer...you sound like you have lots of problems..lots of restarts etc.
    BiggerDave - 93 Omni Soldier
    Fethers - 43 Omni Agent
    Phetherz - 18 Omni Doctor

Unit member of Omni-Tek Blackwolf Operations

well not really

well not really dave. I never have trouble with my computer. Like i said before, I don't lose connection to the internet UNLESS i'm playing Anarchy Online. I can play EQ or AC for hours and hours and never disconnect, not until i'm tired of playing and disconnect manually to go eat or something.

I can download huge files like .avi's that take hours for me to download (at 56k) and i've never ever lost connection to the internet. In fact....I've never ever lost connection to the internet. Not until i started playing AO.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hp?threadid=14

here's a link to some people having exactly the same problem as me.

And here's an update, I just stopped playing AO to check responses to my post, because I lost internet connection after logging in to AO 3 times in a row, each time I hadn't been online for even a minute. I logged on, hit X to get my character to stand up, then i'm flipped back to desktop with the reconnect to internet prompt. 3 times in a row and all i could do was just stand up before it happened. Most of the time i get to play for 5-45 minutes between disconnections.
    Last edited by RedRaptor; Apr 2nd, 2002 at 15:02:55.