Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TUTORING: Official responce needed

Yeah, but why wasn't it changed so that the skill bonus was commensurate with the ql of the tutoring device? As it is now Tutoring is worthless unless you raise it to a minimum of 500 so you can use a ql100. How many people are going to do that for a 50 point maximum skill bonus?

It needed to be changed to nerf the comp lit belt & ncu twink exploiters, but to change it to the extent it has been changed? Stupid if you ask me. It's self-only now anyway, surely that was enough to justify the i.p. expenditure necessary to use it?
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

Re: Ahem...

Originally posted by Cz

Please point me to where I said that.

I'll check up on the Tutoring issue, but can't promise an answer this week.

Cz

PS: I removed some replies in this thread. I am sure those affected understand what I had to remove. Thank you for not posting it again.
    I am pretty sure you said it like back in 13.4 but maybe i read it wrong. it was in a post you said about the pioneer backpack and how they added the +100 to tutoring. sorry, didnt mean anything harsh by it.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

Question permanent

Is the recieved points from a tutored skill permanent?

Tutoring devices where nerfed to stop an exploit. Then they found another way to exploit with the devices anyays :O(

Thats the OFFICIAL word about devices, trust me I know and that is why.

Unless u have a nice big A under your name it is not the official response.

Certainly you may have had contact with 'official sources' but you have no authourity quote them as fact.

You will never get anyone on here discussing exploits

The recent Comp Lit exploits is why tutoring has been pretty much disabled.

I never used a tutoring device, how long does the effect (bonus to a skill) last?

hehe

"You will never get anyone on here discussing exploits "

You weren't around when this thread started were you? Half of it was deleted because people were doing exactly that.

Comp Lit Tutoring devices are the key to the age old exploit that makes level 1 PvP players twinked with Q200 NCU / 6x Belt.

Some items could be altogether removed from the game when their only purpoise atm is exploiting.

My 2 € ...
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Sorry to be bringing a very old thread back; but it appeared to me that an "official" person has committed to bring back the answer, and it still hasn't happened...

also - when an exploit is found and intended to be fixed; just *removing* the exploit, instead of dealing with its consequences, seems to me to do more damage then good.

All my chars are using Belts / NCUs gained through legal sources. Yet, even with 14.2, NCU OE will not be handled.

Hence, there is a HUGE difference between players now - my lvl 25 guy with some 50-100 NCU's (at best); and a lvl 25 guy with 392 NCUs.

Removing the exploit can hardly be called "evening up" or "making the game more fair". In fact, clearly, at least in this instance, it has made it completely unfair, inflicting artificial and I daresay undeserved differences between chars, that are apparently here to stay...

oh well

Cheerious

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12