Thread: I'm Quitting!

I'm Quitting!

Yes, thats right!
    I'm quitting smoking!

It's been a rough first few days, but I'm really gonna quit this time.

LOL

Cool, congratulations, I hope you succeed.

Mine is a love and hate relationship, I quit for 2 weeks, come back for 3, quit again...

Can I have your cigarettes?
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away

Hhehe grats m8

I quit on jan the 1st this year and havent touched one snice.

Keep up the good work
    muftak

Proud member of Redemption

!!!

Grats!

Thats a really tough habit to quit, I know because I'm doing it for 16 years now. Tried to quit a couple of times but never succeeded. I'm planning to quit next monday, kind of preparing for it, I set that date weeks ago and this time I just have to quit forever.

If you don't mind:

Are you getting any help at all?
    Do the people around you know that you are quitting?
    Any secrets or did you just say 'Now I'm DONE'.
    What was your biggest motivation to quit? (mine is my kids, one 11 month and the other 2.5 years, I just want to see them grow up and be able to keep up with them as soon as they start running around)

Xoch

After smoking for more than 25 years I quit 10 years ago, shortly after my then 2 year old son picked up a butt out of an ashtray an put it in his mouth.

Hint (worked for me, anyway):

When the craving hits, say "this would be a good time for a cigarrette - if I smoked. But I don't smoke."

After a while you realize it's the truth.
    Last edited by Paldorr; Feb 20th, 2002 at 19:27:31.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

My mother was on a flight from San Francisco and was having severe nausea from a stomach ailment. The woman next to her was wearing too much perfume and smoking constantly. After 3 hours of this she deplaned and puked her guts out. She has never smoked again. This from a woman who had quit 10 or so times previously.

So if you can link something unpleasant to the experience of smoking you can develop learned aversion. Not fun to do, but it is quite effective. The strongest motivater is being diagnosed with lung cancer, avoid this one.

Good luck, everyone you know will thank you. You will finally become aware at how your house, clothes, car, skin, hair, and especially breath stink. And you will have more money for beer.

Im gonna make a thread on the MP forum: "Nerf the MP, they are way uber!!!", to make you start smoking again
    NT phone HOME!!

/me slaps Garzu around with a large trout

Thumbs up

hehe I thought for sure this would be another griefer post, but hey you fooled me :P Ive quit smoking too, going over to mild snuff helped me loose the craving, now Ive quit completely =) I can finally run 50m w/o puking my guts out.

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Well fine Miir, good riddence. Go back and sit in that smoke-free section of the resturant.

J/K

Good luck,
    Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

/me lights a blunt

() ( ) ( ) ( )

/me feels better

SUCKER
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

For a moment I had my hopes up...

*sigh*

Zarch and bunch of chars up to lvl 140

How about an update? Don't quit quitting! Keep focused.

If you need some motivation, visit a VA (Veterans Administration) Hospital or your countries equivalent and see that lung cancer is experienced by only a small percentage, but all are symptomatic from the other side effects. Being alive is not the same as living.

http://www.quitnet.com/qn_main.jtml is an online site, free I think, with real time forum to help with those nicotine fits. Lots of other help offered, too.

I don't know how to make a hotlink cause I'm a computer 'tard.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

Can I have yer smokes?

i only quit between smokes.
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

All this talk has made me wanna light up a smoke even togh i just had one!

Any success with your quitting Miir? Or did you break down and confess: "I am forever addicted, resistance is futile" ?
    NT phone HOME!!

Bah... I decided that quitting is for quitters.

I'm happily puffing.... again.

You will always be a quitter Miir. If you take up one thing then you are giving up on others. Just like everyone else in the world. We are all quitters.

Damn mirr and here you got my hopes up
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."