Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Nano bug fixes

Post Discuss: 13.8 Nano bug fixes

• The "Team Warp Time and Space" programs have had their descriptions changed. The team side requirement was missing.
    • All Taunt nanos now inflict a minor amount of damage and now work as they should.
    • False Profession Engineer and Bureaucrat nanos have had their descriptions changed to clarify their use.
    • The DoT (Damage over Time) nano "Slime Cascade" will no longer occasionally heal the victim.
    • The following nanos were missing their nano point cost, and will now require the correct amount of nano to execute:
      1. Total Focus (soldier)
      2. Limbo Mastery (martial artist)
      3. Imaginary Distractions (trader)
      4. Mimic Profession: Nano Technician (agent).
    • All stun nanos will now have their recharge time executed correctly.
    • The feedback has been reduced when Speech nanos are executed on you. You will no longer receive a message each time these nanos refresh.
    • Another size bug with Ruse of Taren has been fixed.
    • Armour summoned by Fixers should now go in the right slots.
    • Quantum Wings will no longer terminate when you zone.
    • Area effect nanos will no longer be non-resistible to anyone who wasn't the original target.

Re: Discuss: 13.8 Nano bug fixes

Originally posted by Cz
    • Quantum Wings will no longer terminate when you zone.
    Was the Yalmaha unequip when you zone bug fixed along with this? I had assumed they were the same problem.

Scorus

Stun better be fixed...

Make different rules for PvP and PvE as you obviously can't balance it for both..

Death's gaze is worthless now... I want to be able to use it to escape from a mob that spots me, or to give me some time to heal during a fight. Hopefully that is how it was intended to be used.

** STUN COMMENT **

While you are fixing the recharge rate for stun, why not fix its duration? It lasts for 0 seconds now.

I tried it on over two dozen mobs, all electrifying containment is good for now is some pretty graphics....

Please

Please fix Efficient Humidity Extractor(and I assume the higher level HEs as well). It stops working at around the 30 minute mark, even though the icon remains in your NCU.

Thanks

Originally posted by Cz
    All stun nanos will now have their recharge time executed correctly.
    Stop messing around with that and return it to the state of pre 13.6 !

Armour summoned by Fixers should now go in the right slots.
    There is no Fixer who summons normal armor, use your time for this super duper thingy instead please.

The feedback has been reduced when Speech nanos are executed on you. You will no longer receive a message each time these nanos refresh.
    I never cared about the text, but every time it gets executed, I can NOT cast my own spells, as that counts as my own exection, will that be fixed or not ?
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Originally posted by Cz
    • The DoT (Damage over Time) nano "Slime Cascade" will no longer occasionally heal the victim.
    YAY ! Finally
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Originally posted by Cz
    • The feedback has been reduced when Speech nanos are executed on you. You will no longer receive a message each time these nanos refresh.
    Does this apply to the engi Sympathetic/Disruptive lines
    as well?

Could we get this in there as well?

Total Mirror Shield line has had their recharge time reduced to 5 seconds since the nano shutdown effect already prevents any "rapid" casting with the soldier class. This change might aid the soldier in changing weapons when they want.

Just a request

Re: Re: Discuss: 13.8 Nano bug fixes

Originally posted by ImaGideon

Stop messing around with that and return it to the state of pre 13.6 !

What? break it altogether? While you're at it, how about we make HEs useless again? oh, and re-break the nano-range extender nanos like they were pre 12.0? Hmm.. what else can we rebreak...? I remember the good old days when nothing but DDs worked for NTs...

-D

edit - oh, don't forget to break layered protection again while you're at it, so we can have those uber-crits on us when it drops...
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Re: Please

Originally posted by wayward
    Please fix Efficient Humidity Extractor(and I assume the higher level HEs as well). It stops working at around the 30 minute mark, even though the icon remains in your NCU.

Thanks
    I noticed this too with the lower HE nanos. Terminating them and re-casting them seems to 'fix' it, but it's annoying to have your nano stop regenerating like it should, none-the-less.

--Tsk

Originally posted by Meligant
    Could we get this in there as well?

Total Mirror Shield line has had their recharge time reduced to 5 seconds since the nano shutdown effect already prevents any "rapid" casting with the soldier class. This change might aid the soldier in changing weapons when they want.

Just a request

yessssssssssssssss

Just some thoughts on these two points Cz

Originally posted by Cz
    • All stun nanos will now have their recharge time executed correctly.
    I'm approaching this from a metas point of view with regard to Curse of Cronos (CoC), non damage stun. I am quite happy to lose the deagro effect on this spell i'll be honest i would rather have it than not but i can live without

The one thing that I would like to suggest with regard to the fix on this nano is it has a very short duration root effect added to it i.e. 5 seconds stun and a 15 second root, so when stun ends the target is still rooted for 10 seconds. In PvM this would actually be quite handy, however in PvP this will solve a huge problem I have as a meta I quite often find myself losing many potential pvp kills because my opponent can easily run to the guards or into a building. very big problem, no honestly it is lol by having a means to have the opponent fixed to a spot even just for a short duration will make all the difference to me in pvp.

Its would by no means be a great root (can't cast a nano for 9 seconds lol and as it stands the guy can run again for 4 whole seconds before i can cast another dd or even recast the stun) being a class that in PvP is 90% dependent on nukes 9% on my pet "root me" and 1% of a very unlikely critical on a weapon hit, this small change would be a god send, it just helps a profession that doesn't excel at doing extensive fast damage hopefully do enough over that 10 second period to win the kill we keep losing when someone decides to run

Originally posted by Cz
    I noticed a problem with the engineer aura nanos, when ever I have a full ncu, so I can't take advantage of it (95% of the time this is the case) when the message flashs up "Not enough ncu" what ever spell i'm casting gets cancelled in mid cast, its happened in the middle of nukes when i'm buffing someone etc. real pain

Thx for the sticky thread Cz

Best Wishes

--Nat

Re: Re: Re: Discuss: 13.8 Nano bug fixes

Originally posted by Dropcid

What? break it altogether? While you're at it, how about we make HEs useless again? oh, and re-break the nano-range extender nanos like they were pre 12.0? Hmm.. what else can we rebreak...? I remember the good old days when nothing but DDs worked for NTs...

-D

edit - oh, don't forget to break layered protection again while you're at it, so we can have those uber-crits on us when it drops...
    MP stuns worked good in PvM before they wanted to have it working in PvP, and when they had to fix it for PvP so they ****ed up and ruined it in PvM...noone expected them to do anything else ofcourse, they have proved many times that they don't think before they change something.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

What about epsilon purge!

Can we have and offical statement as to why this nano has yet to be fixed?

Is it a game balance issue?

Difficult implementation?

Low priority?

Some feedback would be nice, not just : sorry it didn't make it into this patch!

If you cant tell when, then tell us why!?

Fix Epsilon Purge !

Also introduce lower level versions with lesser chances of removing hostile nanos.

For Example :

Alpha Purge - 20%
    Beta Purge - 40%
    Gamma Purge - 60%
    Delta Purge - 80%
    Epsilon Purge - 100%

Or alternative have these nanos act as buffs for nano resist instead (with 30-60 mins durations).

Alpha +100
    Beta +200
    Gamma +300
    Delta +400
    Epsilon Purge +500

God knows what it was originally meant to do, but at least do something with it.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Re: Re: Discuss: 13.8 Nano bug fixes

Uh, BUMP?

Originally posted by Jokke

Does this apply to the engi Sympathetic/Disruptive lines
    as well?

It is now 13.9x

Quantum Wings still terminates when I zone. You haven't fixed this one.