Thread: Reclaim Side effects

Reclaim Side effects

i was wondering if anyone has tested any side effects of the reclaim termenal. I think if you would reclaim to much your brain might turn to mush.
    So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory

So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path

I can think of a few people if that was the case...

I do know testing the reclim is playing with your life. it doesn't always work, and even more-so has been known to not fully rebuild said person(s)

Dunno Knotts lets find Nevver and send her to reclaim a bunch of times and see what happens

*grins*

~Cynotor
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

*grins*

not half bad an Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by alto
    Dunno Knotts lets find Nevver and send her to reclaim a bunch of times and see what happens

*grins*

~Cynotor
    If she would come out her hole, I'd be glad too. *smiles wide*
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

I have observed a serious side affect of the Reclaim Terminals.

The Credsnbeggers virus can develop in people who frequently reclaim their items but then when the side effects of resueriction dissapate they go into a daze and say funny things like "Could you spare some money" "WTB free wrangle" and the most disturbing thing of all "MoCHies111oneone" Further more i think that these people then begin reclaiming their XP pool and there is no disclaimer on the Dependancy or safety of the XP pool so I wounder what is being hidden from us..
    I am the Walrus Or just a n00b who knows what he is doing lol

Reclaim is not dangerous in the least. I should know, I've used it countless times.
    I'm a 'Trox and we all know..

Ehh..

What was that again? Pie?

*Drools*
    Mmmm... pie and beer...
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

I once read an article that suggested reclaim technology was only 80% safe. I really wish I could find the source again.

Still, if you think the side effect of reclaim are bad, you should consider what side effects of not having reclaim might be like.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Hehe, no computersystem without glitches.

Without reclaim Rubi-Ka would be a lot more peaceful: We'd still hate each other's guts and kill each other at any given opportunity, but that'd also lead to such a personnel shortage that pretty soon everyone left alive would be kept quite busy running the terraforming plants and other life sustaining industries.
    Boring concept, in a way..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

I have - and continue to - personaly test all reclaim terminals on RubiK and can therefore vouch for their functionality/safety. After all, there is nothing wrong with me, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    I once read an article that suggested reclaim technology was only 80% safe. I really wish I could find the source again.

Still, if you think the side effect of reclaim are bad, you should consider what side effects of not having reclaim might be like.

Dabblez
    ((its in the timeline))

Quote Originally Posted by alto
    If you Clanners feel uncomfortable using the reclaim technology developed by Omni-Tek, feel free to stop using it. I'm all for anything that hastens your eradication from the planet.

((Side discussion from earlier today.))
    Last edited by Nevver; Jul 12th, 2005 at 04:27:21.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Well, I have seen a few cases of "reclaim gone wrong."

I myself had a small problem of temporary lunacy, or a split personality... I learned it was from a "piece of another person's soul" that got caught into my reconstruction... a sort of 2 minds in one body. Also I have heard of strange mutations and also many strange sicknesses associated with the rebirthing process. But hey, it's better than dying.
    Prime Minister Merijynn of The Nanomage Liberation Front

"Today's rebellion brings tomorrow's freedom!"

Quote Originally Posted by Merijynn
    Well, I have seen a few cases of "reclaim gone wrong."

I myself had a small problem of temporary lunacy, or a split personality... I learned it was from a "piece of another person's soul" that got caught into my reconstruction... a sort of 2 minds in one body. Also I have heard of strange mutations and also many strange sicknesses associated with the rebirthing process. But hey, it's better than dying.
    Friend of mind had a bit of a glitch when it came to reconstructing her voice box, or throat. I never really bothered to dig on the subjet, just know it was a reclaim screw up.