Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very interesting read RE:lawsuit discussions

Re: Read the ICQ logs

Originally posted by MarkusSparkus
    Seems like FC is willing to let these guys do there thing "under the radar" and actually work along with them in order to gain knowledge of thier exploits...or at least "Adam" is willing...
    Of course. I would do the same thing in their shoes.

I would find out the exploits by cohorting with them (keep in mind FC still has complete control over their acconts) .. then as soon as I had hte exploits I would ban them to high heaven and laugh in their face.

Jaggoffs. I hope they get whats coming to them.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

yea All i can say is OMG!!!
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

I don't know why everyone is applauding funcom... They tried to strike a deal with these asses. They promised to release accounts and let them coninute exploiting if they gave up a few exploits.

Blacksnow won't be doing much buisness after this, but I don't they will give up.

They can easily start up a new website under another name.

Zeroshift:
    Yes it does appear that they were dealing with them to get the info, BSi assuming they would get there accounts back by given this info, but after all the info was released that were denied there accounts, Adam was more than likely given them false promises to get info.... WAY TO GO FC!! =)

Hmm..

Zero,

I tend to disagree with looking at it that way.. I dont think they would have let BlackSnow keep doing what they were. I really think htey were just trying to fish out all the exploits (which they could then fix) and then ban them from existance.

The Give and Take I assume was only until they Took it all and then decided to take the rest of it as well. I would have used that tactic as well.. side with them.. get the info.. wipe them out.

Makes sense in that perspective to me. Not to mentino Adam is one man FC is a lot more.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

For those that are keepign up with all this mess, this was posted by Mark Jacobs(relating to DAoC, but still involving the infamous BSI):

Change of Policy from Mark Jacobs
    Why did we make the change to the Rules of Conduct regarding sales of Accounts?

Folks,

As many of you know Mythic Entertainment and Dark Age of Camelot are the target of a lawsuit by Blacksnow Interactive. As to why we are being sued, what it boils down to is that a certain group of individuals want to make money by engaging in behavior that we have specifically prohibited in our game's EULA/RoC. While this lawsuit is ongoing, on the advice of counsel, we have altered the RoC to match the EULA's prohibition the sale of all DAoC related-items, including accounts. It has been our policy to not take action against those wishing to sell entire accounts, only those attempting to sell items outside of the game. Mythic is concerned that people may have used and may be continuing to use methods that violate the EULA/RoC in order to build up characters to sell, we have no choice at this point but to enforce the stated prohibition in the EULA against the sale of characters (i.e. accounts) until these matters are resolved. We will not hamper or interfere with any sales of accounts of players who have opened accounts prior to this change to the RoC. Additionally, it is my hope that when these issues are resolved, we will be able to endorse and welcome the sale of accounts.

I am truly sorry that we have had to do this, but the actions of certain individuals and groups have left us no choice at the present time. We will not allow anyone to harm our game, the community and our world. However, in order to do this we will have to take certain actions that may run counter to what we had originally hoped we could do. Once again I am truly sorry that we have had to do this but we are under attack by those who care nothing for our work and effort in creating DAoC unless it happens to coincide with their personal and/or business agendas. We will not stand by and do nothing and we hope that as a community you will support our attempts to protect our world.

Nice move imo.

BTW, i love the ICQ log Adam/Lee. Adam plays Lee like a fiddle, and Mr 'we are so ingenius' doesn't have the brains to realize it. First Adam plays on his pride - saying 'wow im impressed'. Then when negotiations fall through he plays on Lee's insecurity, by making Lee want to prove how tough his company is, and making him believe FunCom is actually scared.

LMAO

You'll notice that Lee carefully avoids using words that make him take morale responsibility. They aren't called 'cheats' they are 'advantages. They aren't ruining the economy for 1000's of players, they are 'helping a few poor souls who don't have the time to put in'. I say screw the bastads. It WILL catch up to them in the future - it's just a matter of time. Of course, we have to account for the stupidity of the legal system.

Exclamation

Now, it appears that the FTC is involved in legal action against some of BS's principal partners. Although it is over other business practices, I would bet that the events with Funcom and Mythic are being talked over at FTC offices.

http://www.unknownplayer.com/archive/02/03/20/466.php

In one of the documents, it appears that the FTC is unable to locate Phim and is seeking court action in having him appear. Lots of info in those documents.
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.

FTC Lawsuit vs. 2 BSI Members

Check out Part 6 of www.unknownplayer.com 's article on Exploiters!!!

Looks like Phim and Caldwell were sued by the FTC way back in Oct 2000! In 1999 they had what looked like a legit business, fell on hard times and started keeping customer funds without delivering the goods. At least $77K worth it seems.

Just recently, in Oct 2001 and in this month FTC received a default judgments vs. various defendants.

Looks like Phim had filed bankruptcy in Jan 2001 and was the FTC could not serve process on him for months.

Keeps getting weirder and weirder. I'm waiting for a Mafia connection soon. Which is what we will get if we allow the lucrative sale of these items.

BS is just a bunch of scumbag scam artists. Any resemblance to a legitimate business is purely coincidental. This is just another scam.

The lawsuit will require a lot of money, time, and effort on the part of any U.S. company to fight it. It would be more economically beneficial for the company to try to settle out of court. I think that's what BS is banking on. A tidy out of court settlement that will set them up nicely.

Funcom isn't a U.S. company and that's going to screw up BS's plans if they go through with filing a lawsuit. They will have to file in Switzerland. Toto, that ain't Kansas anymore. There won't be mobs of civil rights activists trying to save they're lame asses in that court.
    Bet I can run faster scared than they can mad!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12