Thread: Stun Batons (and melee weapon balance)

Stun Batons (and melee weapon balance)

Please change Stun Batons from doing Melee/MA damage to doing Energy damage. They have been doing Melee/MA damage since beta and it does not make sense since you have spend so much IP in melee energy.

Also, up their damage to do more than maces, that do not require melee energy but have the same damage per quality level. I do way more damage with maces because they are 100% 1h blunt where Stun Batons are 66% 1h blunt and 33% melee energy. My attack rating with maces is so much higher. It makes no sense that maces are better weapons and cost less IP. This is espcially noticable with sledgehammers that are totally overpowered.

I wouldn't say that Sledge are overpowered. They are just one of the few viable weapons out there.

I had to quit Stun Bs at level 35 because they were just too high requ and too much IPs.

Plus you cannot really find them when you need.

The problem is not specific to some kind of weapon, but to the tiny selection of what is really usable.

That's the thing that demand fixing.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Stun batons:
    Skills required to equip:

1h blunt
    Melee energy
    Brawl
    Fast Attack
    Sneak Attack
    Multi Melee
    Dimach

Attack Rating: 66% 1h blunt 33% Melee energy. Low attack rating because of low hybrid requirments

Damage Type: Melee/MA AC (should be melee energy)

QL100 Baton:

Damage: 2-130 (105)

Delay: 1.50 attack 1.50 recharge

---------------------------------------------------------

Maces

1h Blunt
    Sneak attack
    Brawl
    Dimach
    Multi Melee
    NO melee energy

Attack Rating: 100% 1h blunt. Very high attack rating.

Damage Type: Melee/MA AC

QL100 Mace:

Damage: 5-123 (55)
    Delay: 1.50 attack 1.50 recharge

Identical speeds. Crits are half as high as batons and max damage is 7 points lower, but min damage is 3 points higher. Slightly smaller crits and 4 damage less is VERY MUCH MORE than compensated by having roughly 35-40% more attack rating. Maces also require MUCH less IP to use.

----------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    I wouldn't say that Sledge are overpowered.
    Added Bonus:

Sledgehammers:
    Skills required to equip:

2h Blunt
    Brawl
    Dimach
    NO sneak attack
    NO multi melee
    NO melee energy requirments.

Attack Rating: 100% 2h Blunt. Very high attack rating

Damage Type: Melee/MA AC

I'm not asking to nerf sledges, but stun batons should do more damage, and do energy damage to reflect their roughly 2.5 times more IP cost to equip per QL.

Me vs. another Enforcer using a sledge.

Me: QL112 Batons. At the very ceiling of what I can equip.
    Opponent: QL105 Sledge. Could probably equip a QL150 sledge easily with just self buffs.

Me: Level 69
    Oppenent: Level 66

Me: 2700 hp
    Opponent 2500 hp

Me: Mongo Bash! (1000 hp heal able to cast 4x)
    Opponent: Mongo Slam! (300 hp heal able to cast 7x)

Me: 2300 Melee/MA AC
    Opponent: 1850 Melee/MA AC

Me: 11 point damage shield
    Opponent: No damage shield

Me: Dead
    Opponent: Almost 25% life left.

Ooh, bump this!

I like the image of 1HB Stun Batons and would like them to be upped. Its silly that 2HB is only viable choice atm, especially considering the cost of equipping Stun Batons.

Change to Elec AC would be good start but not enough. Base damage should also be raised slightly and no, I am not asking to make them as good as Beam (which they wont be since its not Duck-Exp) and even damage shouldnt be as good but please consider raising it some.

Zarch and bunch of other chars between 3 and 138

Elec AC may as well be melee. Everyone has energy AC guys.. it would make absolutely *no* difference.

Originally posted by puddle
    I'm not asking to nerf sledges
    Well... the way it is presented you are.

And I don't argue about the superiority of Hammers. Just about the way the problem is put :

We need improvement for existing 'behind the curve' weapons OR a fix in the way AC is poorly handled in the game.

Fixing AC would be the best move and profitable for every single profession in the game.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Yes Fix AC

And balance melee weapons.. Its so totally boring that everyone is using a hammer/beam. Even Rider ppl after lvl100 change to hammer..

I so much wish that Stun batons was viable. They look way cooler than any other melee weapon.

BrutalThug - M.O.T.H.E.R

I'm bumping this from 2-3 months ago because it's still relevant. Can I at least get an answer so I know to just switch to gay sledgehammers when I get to reset my IP?

I think I have about 90,000-120,000 IP invested into skills like melee energy and sneak/fast attack when they basically do nothing for me but make me 2-3x more inferior than an enforcer with a sledge.

To be honest I'm not unsatisfied with my damage output, except on higher level mobs I get low damage constantly because of the AC bug, but PVP is a complete waste of time, and I get blasted from groups because enforcers with sledges just kill circles around me.

This is true not only for melee weapons, but also for ranged.

There is so little variety out there. There are tons of weapons that are outright horrible even though you may have a very high attack rating. Some weapons even look good (when you see the stats), but when you try them, they are awful.

I would like more variety in all kinds of weapons. There should be MORE viable weapons of all types IMO. Everyone look the same on Rubi-Ka with either beams/hammers, nova flow/flashpoint or Snakemasters.

And yes, fixing the AC and HP of the mobs would help out greatly in PvM.

Bump!
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

You use Stun Batons and wonder why you have trouble keeping agro? No wonder you don't have the IP for Psychology.

Not all of us are herd mentality automatrons mindlessly following everyone and overequipping those ridiculous sledgehammers because we don't have the mind capable of grasping anything else.

I outdamage practically any enforcer except ones that use sledges, and my pscology is 240. What's yours?