Thread: In-Game Surprise

In-Game Surprise

Where can I find info pertaining to the "pionear backpack"

-What was needed for you account to be flagged as eligible..?

-What was the Command's needed....?

Any help appreciated.....

Smile

You must have made the char who wants the pack pack before July something, i forget the excact date.
    You type

/command claim

if i recall correctly.

You had to have your account *registered* by July 9th, but as far as I know, any character on that account can claim the backpack (even if you just created the character).

http://community.anarchy-online.com/.../articles/174L
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

And you can get two! One on RK1 and one ok RK2.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Angry Can't get them any more. :(

They were only available for a short period of time between patches, and if you didn't log on during that time for some reason, you are out of luck.

I wrote to support and they told me that although they are able to give them to those who missed out, it's too much trouble for them, so they won't.

Well, I made char on RK2 about a month ago, maybe two. He got the backpack just fine.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Same here.. Made my char 2 weeks ago on RK2. Got the backpack.

Re: Can't get them any more. :(

Originally posted by Szuzu
    They were only available for a short period of time between patches, and if you didn't log on during that time for some reason, you are out of luck.

I wrote to support and they told me that although they are able to give them to those who missed out, it's too much trouble for them, so they won't.
    Write again. It took me some mails and a few petitions to get my back pack, but I did get it. Also others have still been able to get them as well. The back pack isn't much but it's something and if you are entitled for one don't give up as you have earned it.

recently came back

and was informed that I had a gift coming to me and that I needed to type /command claim and whichever character I did that with would get the surprise.

I did so about 6 days ago. Once I had it on I was offered 500k by some guy who saw me running through town.

They still say no.

Taking the advice given in this thread, I wrote again asking for my backpack and received the following reply:

"We have now stopped giving out the ingame suprize. The suprize was for a short period only and at one point we had to stop giving them out.

Hope this helps and sorry for the inconvieniences."

Oh well. *sniff sniff* I only wanted it to try to trade for the crat suit I'll never get because the mob who drops it is always camped.

I got screwed on that one.
    Bought AO on the 8th...
    Couldn't get it to work
    registered account on the 10th
    Couldn't get it to work until the 11th ("can't find dimensions")... had to create my own dimensions.txt file to get it to work, then I was in... but... too late! grumble....grumble...

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Exclamation Screaaaaam!!!

Date of registration 2001-07-10 22:08:15 UTC
    Account status Open

I never felt so pissed ... - I still get depressed thinking about this 'coincidence'.

I ordered the game a week before, but it took (to) long to ship (Germany) - oh, and a neutral Pistol wielding Adv could make use of that cuty very well - sigh.
    Sometimes it is really hard to stay with ones principals (rules are rules, for everybody).

If I meet Gaute one day ....

/me orders a beer for Dropcid and myself

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

It's just a bag. Why do people want them so much (I'm not flaming it, I just don't really understand it)? The stats aren't even that great (even if you could wear it without sacrificing armor).

Funcom even ruined the significance of them by allowing them to be traded.

Am I missing something? The only thing I use mine for is a unique looking bag to keep my most precious items in (so I don't accidently sell them).

P.S. Btw, before you ask, I'm not giving mine away . The only thing I *do* get value from it is all the blood and sweat that stains my particular pack, from all the pain I went through in beta4 and launch.
    Last edited by Valen; Mar 14th, 2002 at 17:20:40.
    Doctor Valen, Omni Medic
    Keeper Mezathras

Originally posted by Valen
    It's just a bag. Why do people want them so much (I'm not flaming it, I just don't really understand it)? The stats aren't even that great (even if you could wear it without sacrificing armor).
    It is useful for the little characters to who that one extra point in abilities actually matters, that first aid bonus is huge at lvl3 and xp bonus is nice too.

Thanks

Thanks for all the help guys. I /petition'd and got a response within 45min, ARK was kinda straightfoward like a robot

Needless to say I was told to Email FC

Don't give up Mandey there are a few people in the same boat as you, see there where is my free gift thread.

You are entitled to it, you should get it.

Hitower