Thread: AO GUI Skins :)

Smile AO GUI Skins :)

Hi all,

A short while ago I made a new skin for the Anarchy Online user interface and this has been a great hit within my guild, 3305 Local. Anywho, I've decided to try it out on the community at large now, so if you'd like to take a look, head to my skins page.

The skin comes in it's intended blue version along with it's silver counterpart for those who'd prefer. These skins, I think, have a much richer feel than the originals - trust me, this makes other skins feel very flat . Hee hee, well I think so anyway - okay, hope you enjoy them!
    Jharick "Jhanarr" Naarr
    Long since left AO :: Catch me on the forums!

Muffins are for sharing, so be cool - buy me a muffin, today!

My Five GUI Skins:::download them now!

No offense but that skin sucks. Think of this as constructive critisim.
    Video games, my anti-drug

Originally posted by Meskulan
    That doesn't sound like constructive critisim to me....

If you didn't like it, you could have just not said anything.

Vimaar, I for one appreciate the effort even if I will not be using your skin.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

hahahha, I'd hate to see some flaming then...
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

Yeah, these skins suck so much AO-Basher featured them on their front page and they've been drawing positive feedback on their forums from everyone.

No offense, Meskulan, but your attitude sucks.

Post On second thought....

I took another look at the silver skin and decided to use it.

Oh...BTW I agree with Tricia50....Meskulan, your attitude is what sucks.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Thumbs up

They look good, I'll have to try the grey version when I get home. I hope you keep working on more and some different versions of these (might I suggest orange since it is my favorite colour, although I bet no one else likes it ).

Keep up the good work.
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.

Why do there have to be people like Meskulan around?

Visited your site before seeing this post (Ao-basher) very nice skins there, and the map looks great!
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

Very nice skins Vimarr, I like the silver style best and your map does rock - maybe do a deep purple version just for me

Meskulan (or whatever, I can't be bothered to read your name), you might just win the prize of "being the biggest a*** bandit on Rubi Ka!" Congratulations.
    Last edited by DaSampla; Mar 19th, 2002 at 01:55:40.

You missed some spots.

Where is home and 2ho? some other spots r missing too. Imagine nice it would be to have a map with all the rare mob places labeled and good camping places labeled . noones gonna do that tho because they will be swamped. Just wishing it was that easy.

Thumbs up

Right on, Vimarr. I liked your silver/gray skin so much I've downloaded it and installed it. Very nice, much nicer than the default skins. Keep up the good work!
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Smile

Originally posted by FeloniousPunk
    Right on, Vimarr. I liked your silver/gray skin so much I've downloaded it and installed it. Very nice, much nicer than the default skins. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you FeloniousPunk and everyone else

Yesterday alone, I had nearly 600 downloads of the Blue, Silver and Orginal ((with new map)) skins - in total.

There is a guide in the FAQ section, that I'm nearly done writing and hope to upload later today. This should help all those who have asked me how they may get started on skinning AO ((I honestly don't know if there are any other guides out there)). I feel it's pretty good and covers most of what you'll need to know. Any suggestions on how to make it better would be great.

Also, anyone else who is skinning, please send me links to your skins and I'll gladly put little mentions about them on my site, so people have a good range to choose from.

Look out for upcomming skins in the near future - I'd like to start on some of your suggested skins sometime ((thanks for the mail!)) - can't promise you'll like them but hey, I'm making these to please me so there

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jhanarr; Mar 19th, 2002 at 12:19:35.
    Jharick "Jhanarr" Naarr

Thumbs up

I forgot to mention this in my post, but your custom loading screen when Anarchy starts up had me laughing for 5 minutes .
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

Hee hee...it's all a part of my muffin campaign...see my site for more on that
    Jharick "Jhanarr" Naarr

Yeah the skins are really cool, especially the loading screen. I like the silver one more, the blue one is too bright for my taste (or monitor/video card settings).
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Talking Major update on the Skinning FAQ

Okay,

I've just uploaded my stab at a skinning tutorial. If anything, it'll at least point those of you who are interested in learning how to skin AO in the right direction. Though it's not really that difficult - just time consuming.

Go directly to the FAQ here .

thanks

[edit] Please, no more mail about the aparent spelling mistake in my skin. Programme is the correct English spelling of what you Americans write as Program. I can't believe how many of you have writen in about that [/edit]
    Last edited by Jhanarr; Mar 19th, 2002 at 18:51:08.
    Jharick "Jhanarr" Naarr

Your skin is awesome.
    I was using another one up to yesterday, but this is one is really sleek.
    Thanks for sharing this work.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)