Thread: ::VOTE:: 14.2 or testing - Which is more important to you??

::VOTE:: 14.2 or testing - Which is more important to you??

From Guate's 14.2 update:

"2. Can I transfer my character from the Live to the Test server, just to check how it will be affected by the change?

This we cannot promise you at the moment. It is basically the same type of technology we are researching for moving a character from server RK1, to RK2 and back. Today we are working on a prototype, but it requires some manual work. We will not do this until we can do it automatically..."

I feel that it is CRUCIAL we are able to test our characters on the test server BEFORE they take 14.2 live... and the only thing that catches Funcom's eye is a large and fast post count.

Bump this thread if you agree that Funcom needs make the "copy to test" feature a priority over the 14.2 patch.

This is how a dev team works.

There a bunch of people that are assigned to different projects.

Like:
    Database changes.
    Playfield design/changes.
    Profession balancing.
    MOB pathing/AI.
    etc...

I think you get the picture.

The point is that the development team works on many different projects simultaneously.

You may be of the opinion that a utility to copy your character to test should be made a higher priority but it's not something that's really open to a vote.

If you think patch testing is so CRUCIAL, you should take some initiative and start up a character on the test server. If you can show that you are commited to helping test upcoming patches, the staff on test can accomodate you.

BTW Miir, you actually think there is more than just 2 or 3 actual developers working on the game? lol that's rich... Profession Balancing Team... rflol... no stop it, my chest hurts =p

If anything, I'm trying to give a voice to those players who dread 14.2 not because it means major gameplay changes but because it has the potential to be the biggest clusterf*ck patch FC has created to date. No offense towards FC's, uh, Development Teams lol but history has shown the more they change in a patch, the more bug-ridden it is when it finally goes live.

So maybe I'll see you on test =P

I agree with Miir, and right now, transfering isn't such a priority. Of course I'd like to, but if GMs have to do it manually, I can see from here how long it will take with something like 14000 petitions in queue just for that.

Let's wait it is done automatically.
    Kheeze (MA) / Yunmei (ADV) / Nekroman (MP) / Shixiu (ENF)

(¯`·.,¸¸.·´¯` French Corp ´¯`··.,¸¸.·´¯)

./me hangs up his pulpit...

.|.. Screw it, why the f*** do I even try...

have fun with your busted-ass 14.2 patch :p

Angry

I want automatic transfer for a different reason. Every damn NPC that has any kind of item on them is SO FREAKIN' UBER-CAMPED I'M SICK OF IT. And I don't even have a character over 100 yet. I want to be able to go to RK-2 just simply to go camp there instead.
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

14.2 - the quicker the better.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."