Thread: Secondary skills and Specials should have different rules in OE. *Bump if you agree*

Secondary skills and Specials should have different rules in OE. *Bump if you agree*

What happens to 66%/33% weapons when you are debuffed? Funcom has made it clear that if your 33% req (i.e. ranged energy or what not) falls below the 20% mark (these reqs are the lowest of the reqs) then the entire weapon will have a 25% damage reduction.

I suggest you get a 25% of 33% damage reduction. And if the 66% req falls below your oe marker, you get a 25% of 66% damage reduction.

It makes sense.

How about Specials?

This is something that literally sickens me when I read Gautes article. The reason for this is simple:

There is no reason to pump special attacks past where you need then in order to equip a weapon.

Other then Aimed Shot, all other specials should be left OUT of the overequipping check. Things like Riot Control and implants for equipping weapons would become useless.

The logic here is "Why spend thousands upon thousands of IP in Burst when level 1 burst is equivelant to level 500 burst? I can just get implants and buffs for it and NEVER worry about pumping it."

And thats exactly what I do. I only pump secondary specials after i'm implanted with those specific clusters, fully buffed in base abilities and totally sure I cant push those skills any higher. I dont see any point otherwise.

If there were a difference between level 1 flingshot and level 600 flingshot, my tune would be different. However now Funcom is forcing us to pump useless skills. This irritates me so much.

Re: Secondary skills and Specials should have different rules in OE. *Bump if you agree*

Originally posted by Lucid Flow
    There is no reason to pump special attacks past where you need then in order to equip a weapon.
    There is now.
    -D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

I know I'm slow, but isn't it true that most classes max out all abilities needed to do the best of whatever it is they can do by level 150? Some by 110 or so if I recall correctly. I'm not so sure that spending 20% more IP than you need to on specials is going to destroy anyone. Maybe it's just me.

A simple reason

I will try to keep this as simple as possible for ya. Last i checked ransack skills and deprive skills had NO effect whatsoever on skills like burst, or fling shot. This also holds true for the reverse, wrangles have NO effect whatsoever on these skills. Now since the deprives and ransack skills are what everyone is worried about in this case you have nothing to fear. In fact the worst you really have to worry about is a -20 to any of these skills from the general debuffs every class has access to.... even yours. Now i dont know about the weapon you use, but on my gun (stigma) the rifle requirement is significantly higher than the aimed shot requirement and even if someone were to hit me with a -20 aimed shot, i would not be anywhere near the 20% marker that we are all fearing. THat being said have a nice day 8-)

Re: A simple reason

Originally posted by Xenlee
    I will try to keep this as simple as possible for ya. Last i checked ransack skills and deprive skills had NO effect whatsoever on skills like burst, or fling shot. This also holds true for the reverse, wrangles have NO effect whatsoever on these skills. Now since the deprives and ransack skills are what everyone is worried about in this case you have nothing to fear. In fact the worst you really have to worry about is a -20 to any of these skills from the general debuffs every class has access to.... even yours. Now i dont know about the weapon you use, but on my gun (stigma) the rifle requirement is significantly higher than the aimed shot requirement and even if someone were to hit me with a -20 aimed shot, i would not be anywhere near the 20% marker that we are all fearing. THat being said have a nice day 8-)

The point of my post is simply there is no reason to pump these skills. More in these skills dont weild any more damage or speed from level 1 - 1000. They shouldn't be part of the OE req.

Why? So you don't have to raise them? If that were by design, there wouldn't be much point in having a req at ALL.

And, now there is a benefit to raising them. You can use a better gun :P

Thumbs up

good thinkin' lucid flow
    ur suggestion is the most constructive ive read in this whole debate, getting a 25% penalty of the excact % ur OE'd seems more fair than 20%=25%/40%=50%