Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funcom pls read. Character Clones!!!!

LOOOL hahhHaHAHAhHAHa

Dude, this is hillarious
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

I don't agree

Do we really need funcoms hand holding this much ??

Its not the games fault its the lazy players or those with L33T weaponry 90 levels above them that they are scared of removing.

In real life when I go out to socialize YES I HAVE A REAL LIFE!!!
    It can take me 2 hours plus to get ready

Now counter that with the 5-10 mins MAX to change my clothes to social even if it is my full rubber catsuit, and you will see its reasonable.

Addition

I have never used any item with any of my characters that I can't self buff into, guess what powergamers I don't shrivel up and die, I still fight oranges and yellows because I have the brains not only to roleplay my character but to also not need the crutch of a weapon or armor over 10 levels above me.

Big time gratz, an excellent post with just the right doses of humor, sarcasm and realism. Lets hope it isnt lost in the Dev's eves and they actually implement a social tab.
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Say No to Tabs.

I must say, I found the original post funny as heck. I was laughing all the way reading it; not at the situation though... I was actually laughing at the two strangers.

Soapbox mode:

No one NEEDs to overequip. You may want it to ease the game/combat, but it's not a need. There's a difference and many players are able to solo and team light oranges and so forth.

Heck, you don't see the US Army whine about how they can't wear their favorite t-shirt over their kevlar. You don't see astronauts complain that they all look the same even though they take a long time just to get in/out of their EVA suits. These people are mature enough to realize that they have chosen the most efficient combat and utility wear available to them and have something to give up... their 'social' looks.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Tap

P.S. And yes, I do overequip. I'm lazy somewhat in combat... but not so when it comes to being social.
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

*cough*

FC need to make about 200 more faces for each breed/gender imho
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I gotta agree with Jackswift..
    If you wanna wear social clothes, wear em..
    If you wanna wear armor that you actually cant fit into without getting buffed, make sure that there is someone there who can buff you, or wear whatever QL you can without the buffs..
    I dont wear anything that I cant fit into without assistance, and have no problems taking on yellows or oranges...it's a matter of spending the IPs where you need them, and not where you want them...

Post I agree

this is why i support the over equiping fix that FC is gonna do. that meens that you will lose the affect of the tiem if you actualy cant use it. though i dont know if they are including armor thoguh i think they should it will make have a person who can rebuff you in your team a good thing. though i do think NCUs should be left alone. but i say niix the armor and weapon ever equiping, though dont make it drop off thats just to extream. so go ahead FC unlike most Nurfs you stupidly implamnet this is one i think we need and i sure want and cant wait to see.

fame away but im not alone in this and i hold fast to it.

I actually saw this post quoted in another post and came looking for it... Great read!

After days of wearing the "green Fixer cloak" I just had to go to the Miir shop.

Talking There's an up side.

Fortunately, most of the Atrox_Soldier_000000000001 - 9999999999 are all too much of power gamers to care, or have any input in how the game evolves!! They can have a good time over-equipping and killing NM's in 1 round, right up until they stop being able to over-equip.

You do *need* high level equipment to survive in AO, because the other players you're fighting against are using it. If you tell me that you think you can beat an equal level character using your own paltry self-buffs when they are using all the best buffs/wrangles/implants and thereby the best armor/weapons in the game, you must be a trader. =p Certainly as a soldier, if it's possible for me to upgrade any piece of gear I'm wearing, at any cost, I pay it.

Lest us forget: this game is first and foremost about the conflict and PvP. Everything else is just built around that.

That being said, I can't believe there are RP'ers who argue against having a social tab. The game would look all around better, and even the most jaded powergamers would be trying to put together cool outfits. People simply aren't going to do this voluntarily - either you have a tab like this, or things stay as they are now, with everyone in armor, weapons drawn, in town. Take your pick.

It really doesn't matter to me that much, I don't spend much time Rping in this game. Even if I did only wear gear that I can self-equip into, I'm not about to take the time to buff up and replace each and every item just to be more in character when I'm in town getting more missions/selling/reloading. On the other hand, if I could do so without any harm to my combat abilities, I would most certainly put together some stylish duds.

It's funny watching rp types berating powergamers about their over equipping, then go on to say how lazy people are asking for a socials tab and how they should be good rp'ers like them and take the time to manually switch and rebuff as necessary. It's the same elite achievement mentality, just applied in a different direction.

I'm all for a socials tab. Diversity of looks is good. It should be encouraged and made easy. Yes, easy. This is a game and a non-competitive, social aspect of the game like playing dress up should be made easy.

Personally I take off my helmet when I'm not fighting. Being an engineer my bot does 90% of the getting hit so I can sacrifice a bit of armor ql for looks.

Tab = good, Elitist Rp'ers = bad

What is the deal with you Elitist RP types? If something makes a nice feature of the game accessible to more people then it is a good thing. When something becomes tedious, it's no longer a game...it's work. Sorry if other people dressing up too would take attention away from YOU. If you want to make everything in this game extra hard on, knock yourself out. No complaints from me. But if people want a little convenience to go with their leisure, I don't blame them one bit.

I like to put on nice clothes when the spirit moves me to do so. But in the past I have ran into stupid bugs and things that have prevented me from doing do. Even after taking everything off and DESTROYING 2 IQ rings (/boggle Why should I have to take off a ring to put on clothes?) I still couldn't equip my MA suit. 3 different GMs and hours later...still no clue. They had to fix my character offline.

There are too many stupid little nuances in the game to make it reasonable for most people to even consider taking their equip off to put on clothes. IQ Rings, Rings of Luck, etc. These items cannot even be taken off. For that reason alone, a social armor tab is a Good Thing (tm).

Social tabs? eh, whatever

Originally posted by Yzen
    Lest us forget: this game is first and foremost about the conflict and PvP. Everything else is just built around that.
    I would have to differ on that point (and I think most, including the FC people, would agree). This game is a MMORPG, not an FPS or RTS or something else. I believe that it is a Role-Playing Game first, and the rest is structured around that. What the player decides to to with that is their own choice.

I personally enjoy the role-playing a lot, and like to change into social clothing often. I think the upcoming OE changes will even things out and won't ruin gameplay for those uninterested in RPing, while still enhancing the experience for those who are.

As for a tab to quickly change into social clothes? I don't see that enhancing role play at all (after a hard days battle, I can't snap my fingers and change appearance on a whim, can I?). I cast my vote for indifference to the idea. If this encourages the less RP motivated to stop and have some fun, let them have it. I can't say I'll use it though...

(I did however, love the little dialogue. Very creative!)
    Last edited by Antoine Kozar; Mar 16th, 2002 at 02:08:25.
    That's my two credits....

- Antoine Kozar (Greengiantj)
    AntoineKozar@yahoo.com

"Any forum posting, if allowed to go on long enough, eventually leads to flaming." - Dat Phan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12