Thread: Question on 14.2 Patch notes that I haven't seen directly addressed...

Question Question on 14.2 Patch notes that I haven't seen directly addressed...

I'm not sure if someone has already clarified this or not, so I'll ask just incase.

In regards to Deprive Skills and nanos of the like, will they be considered in the new OE changes?

Example 1; say I am not OEing my Android and get hit with a skill debuff that drops my skill below what would be needed to use my pet. Does he become less effective and/or non-responsive until the debuff runs out?

Example 2: say I am using a tad higher Android, within the 20% OE rules, and I am hit with a skill debuff as above. Does he become less effective and/or non-responsive until the debuff runs out?

If a Dev, Cz or Cosmik could answer that for me, it would be appreciated.
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.

Hmmmm... Even though I play an MA, I'd still like to know that answer to this one.
    RK1
    Atrox Fixer
    Atrox make baby jesus cry =(

Ack.

That's a hell of a good question.. I certainly hope not, those debuffs suck enough as is. I gotta tell you, as an engineer I am really dreading the 14.2 patch. I just have this evil feeling it will really mess things up even for those of us just struggling to play it fair.

But hey, I am still fairly new to AO so until something bad happens I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they'd cover that kind of thing. This'll be their one chance to prove to a new customer that they have their act together when making a major change, unlike certain other companies *cough*Turbine*cough*.

Unhappy

Oh damn, I did not think of this.

I get hit by traders skill deprave all the time, and if I lose control of my pet by a insta cast (happens more then I like) I will be dead.

If my guard and heal comando will stay in place all is well, but otherwise.....
    I do use only selfbuffed pets so I would not be affected by patch otherwise.

Actually there are no 14.2 patch notes since 14.2 isnt even up in line yet. 14.0 is still preliminary. Id think that (or hope) that they are testing 14.2 on internal servers and still refining how the OE changes will effect play. So Id say they have a while before they finalize an answer for debuffs.

Well, you'll have to be more careful when facing traders. Try to make sure you'll get no adds while your pet is doing the trader. If you get more than one on you, run.

If you are hit with a ransack while your pet is already attacking your target, the pet will finish the fight first. Not sure what healer pet will do. After the fight is over, pet will return to /behind mode. Then, you'll have to sit and wait till ransack runs out - then you can command your pet again.

Your question

That is an excellent question and has been brought up in the main OE thread (I don't blame you for not wanting to read through the whole thing :-). Cz has told us that Gaute is working on a follow up article which will address this and other questions about the particulars of the new system.

- Tboo

I don't know the answer, but NTs and MAs have always been instantly gimped by ransack/deprive nanos. I keep a whole hotbar setup with lower level stuff for those occasions.

So I guess we should make a bar that terminates our pet, deletes the extra shell we carry, cast a green pet, and then activate it...

All while being beat on. That should work. Yeah.

WTS Bridge! In Brooklyn, good price.

I don't think the pet goes into /behind mode until the fight is over.

Engies will have to sit and wait out the debuff after the fight is over, just as every other class does now.

Originally posted by Nutbar03
    I don't know the answer, but NTs and MAs have always been instantly gimped by ransack/deprive nanos. I keep a whole hotbar setup with lower level stuff for those occasions.
    My MA is not gimped by ransac, since it don´t effect MA-skill or brawling (supprise). But lika all other professions we lose capability to heal with nanos and first aid.

Originally posted by Spook

My MA is not gimped by ransac, since it don´t effect MA-skill or brawling (supprise). But lika all other professions we lose capability to heal with nanos and first aid.
    Deprives affect MA skill for sure.
    When I'm hit by one (the -200ish at my lvl) I fight as I used to 40 levels below.
    But even like that MAs can kill a yellow or orange trader after lvl 100. No reason others could not, you will just have to deal with it like we do since the release of the game.
    Overequippers have absolutely no point in their favor. I have several other characters who use weapons self buffed and I can solo without problem.
    If you can't kill a yellow mob with a self buffed weapon you should consider learning how to play the game.