Thread: Overequipping nerf planned for 14.2

Angry Overequipping nerf planned for 14.2

Hi there!

You all know that funcom has planned to "nerf"overequipping for patch 14.2, which is in my opinion a real mistake...why? let me try to explain:
    -Overequipping is part of the game:Missions and hunting can be really boring on a long term and its funny to try to find tips (right implant, right cluster,right prof for the right buff..) to become as powerful as possible.I equipped a new beam 2 days ago and it was really a challenge to meet the requirements to wear it I succeded at last and this part of a game was a real break with doin missions and hunting.
    -Anyone can overequip if they really want tof course, it costs a lot of money and a lot of time, but when i started my character from the beginning i had no particular friend in the game and was broke as all newbies are.Now i've been playin for 5 months, i have met lot of ppl(by doin missions and chat), and have made quite a good amount of cash by selling stuff, doing missions again and again.Now im a lvl 108 enforcer and i'm quite proud of it, cos i made lots of efforts to reach this level, equipping best stuff i could find.

And now? Funcom has decided to nerf:that means ruining all my efforts and all those from players who are really involved in AO.
    Mmorpg are long term games and those who don't want to spend a lot of time on it should try mine sweeper for windows......

When i started playing 5 months ago, Ao was more reliable than it is now: i keep on crashing and lagging especially in broken shores where its quite unplayable due to lag problems; so please Funcom fix those bugs first rather than trying to disgust players from AO. A lot of compettitors will soon be available(Neocron, star wars galaxies) and i think if you want the Ao community to stay as large as possible, you should more take us (customers) in consideration.

I'm not tryin to criticize the game, cos i love Ao, but i experienced lots of problems(lost millions of xps due to lag....) i am soooooo patient and can forgive lots of bugs but please don't go to far and let players equip as they want (without exploits of course) just using all game possibilities(implants and buffs) which is a good apect of AO.

Sturmkampfer lvl 108 Enforcer

(sorry for my bad english but i'm french)

good points but...

read all of the other posts here if you haven't already.

they are "nurfing" OE to some extent, but overall the game will come out more balenced in the long run. don't worry, you will still be able to put in that ql200 beam without the skills after the buff wears off, but it will work like a ql150 one. the stacking implants and such to overequip has been stated that it was not part of the design of the game. but since it is much easier and more reliable to do a skill check than changing the way that all equipment works, this is what we are going to get.

not that i hope to change your mind, just that i hope you understand why i (and many others) believe that this will be an overall good thing for the game.
    yotogi
    RK1-Fixer (no longer playin' the GA lotto!!)
    General in Red Tape - Supplies and Aquisitions

but it will work like a ql150 one...

but it will work like a ql150 one....

ok so don't you think it will force plyers to OE more?

Now players will try to overequip more in order to reduce the new patch effect ( equipping ql 100 instead of 80 for example)

Yah, you can overequip all you want, but if those buffs and implants you used to get that gun on aren't always being used, then the power of that gun won't always be at its opitmal.

The problem is, OE is an exploit in itself. It was just an accepted exploit until Funcom figured out a way to deal with it. A level 50 was never intended to use a QL50 gun. So you can't slow oranges, big deal. A class should be able to solo something its level or below, period. Not a red or orange.

Once the game is scaled to work as intended, everything should equal out.
    ~Rwarmage
    ---------------
    "Defying authority at a place near you."
    Rwarmage - RK-1 Level 169 Omni Fixer

Smile

OE gone is a good thing.

Nuff said!

Originally posted by Spook
    OE gone is a good thing.

Nuff said!
    I second that.

I'm an Enforcer, equipped a Lvl 103 Hammer at Level 53 without outside assistance and using 2HE instead of 2HB till Level 35.

I never ever used the skills of a Trader to overequip and won't do so in the long run.

I really like the idea that is behind the "nerf".
    Whenever I go team hunting I see Soldiers, MP's, NT's, MA's and Enfs acompanied by their Doc-Pets (no offense, I love you ).

I have never met a single Trader on a hunting spree.
    Why? Because they have no real use in a team!
    They don't deal damage, they can't take damage, they can't heal.

But if a Trader in your team allows you to wield a weapon far above you're level without a penalty they will be as welcomed as a Doc.

Maybe I'm wrong when it comes to the general population but I'd love to team with them anytime.

Cheers
    Steelbuns
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!