Thread: Old Adventurer Multi Ranged IP reset. Serious Design Flaw in 14.2

Thumbs down Old Adventurer Multi Ranged IP reset. Serious Design Flaw in 14.2

I created my adventurer back in the first week after release and levelled her up using FAs. FA's required ranged energy and multi ranged.. which back then were both DARK BLUE skills for the class.

Funcom rightly realised that the Adventurer's multi-range skill cost should be reduced.. and changed the skill to Aqua.

HOWEVER, they did not alter the characters' skill value of multi-ranged, NOR did they compensate any adventurers IPs to reflect the new price.

So any adventurer that raised multiranged when it was dark blue, retained the skill level after the patch, but did not get their IPs back.. which means they have had fewer IPs in total compared to adventurers who didn't raise multi-ranged, or those created after the patch.

Well, I've been calling for an IP reset to fix this for a long, long time.. since it occured.. and finally it's here. I celebrated.. finally believing that I would at last get those 40k IP's back that I should rightly have. But NO, no I'm not going to get them back.. why? Because when I reset multi ranged back to base levels.. I am going to get points back based on the NEW cost.. ie Aqua.. and not Blue as it was.. which means this IP reset will not return those lost IP's. See the problem? Since the character has since then had multi-ranged raised at the new cost, and because I doubt Funcom bother to keep logs of all character IPs at each level, I will never see those IPs and neither will any other veteran adventurer.

Re: Old Adventurer Multi Ranged IP reset. Serious Design Flaw in 14.2

Originally posted by Arianne
    I created my adventurer back in the first week after release and levelled her up using FAs. FA's required ranged energy and multi ranged.. which back then were both DARK BLUE skills for the class.

Funcom rightly realised that the Adventurer's multi-range skill cost should be reduced.. and changed the skill to Aqua.

HOWEVER, they did not alter the characters' skill value of multi-ranged, NOR did they compensate any adventurers IPs to reflect the new price.

So any adventurer that raised multiranged when it was dark blue, retained the skill level after the patch, but did not get their IPs back.. which means they have had fewer IPs in total compared to adventurers who didn't raise multi-ranged, or those created after the patch.

Well, I've been calling for an IP reset to fix this for a long, long time.. since it occured.. and finally it's here. I celebrated.. finally believing that I would at last get those 40k IP's back that I should rightly have. But NO, no I'm not going to get them back.. why? Because when I reset multi ranged back to base levels.. I am going to get points back based on the NEW cost.. ie Aqua.. and not Blue as it was.. which means this IP reset will not return those lost IP's. See the problem? Since the character has since then had multi-ranged raised at the new cost, and because I doubt Funcom bother to keep logs of all character IPs at each level, I will never see those IPs and neither will any other veteran adventurer.

Be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it.

If Funcom is smart at all, they have a record of "spent IP" in certain skills, mainly this on. So the first time you reset it, you get 40k more IP which made up for the dark blue skill. However this is Funcom we are talking about, and we know they dont think that far ahead.

This IP reset bull is the biggest game crock ever. I can't believe Funcom takes the risk out of the reward.