Thread: Group Missions

Smile Group Missions

I have a suggestion for Group Missions, it may be a bit late, but here goes. My first group mission (on a solo mission booth) went somthing like this,

1. We got our group together (20min).

2. Got a mission of the correct lvl (5min).

3. Traveled to the mission staging area (at lvl 35 - 45 only one had a car) we had problems with a couple of players getting throught the grid (15min).

4. Traveled to the mission - got attacked on the way(10min).

5. Buffed everyone up again (5min).

6. Went into the mission and killed the door spawn, great going - First Pull, aggroed too many everyone died .

So after close to an hours time, that was the end of the group. It was so difficult to get there and since there was no reclaim nearby, we were unable to save there. No one wanted to go through the hassle of getting everyone back there.

I have played other MMORPG's and one of the big drawbacks to group is the tremendous amount of time spent organizing and getting a group to the place where the action is. If it is so difficult to get there and there is no reasonable way to get back once you have died, then the group can quickly fall apart.

I would suggest from a playability aspect that some of the missions should be close to the mission booth. There is so much time and effort in putting together a group and getting organized to accomplish a mission, that LONG trips to the mission mean that for the most part if a player is killed they are out of the group.

If the booth was a reasonable distance from the mission you could reclaim, buff up and get back in there.

I'm not suggestion that all of the missions be this way but it would be helpfull if some of them were. That way it would be giving us a choice about traveling or not to travel.

I'm sure at the higher lvl's when traveling is not as much of an issue then that may not be as important, but for those of us just barely able to grid to places, it make a big difference.

Love the game, you are going in the right direction, keep it up.

Enchew

Well there are a couple things.

At lvl 80 i believe engies can cast the beacon warp which will warp a player back to the mission if they die. Nice to have one in your group.

When your puller goes out to pull some mobs in for you make sure his aggro slider is set to -100% and all reflect and damage shields are turned off. This includes removing bracers. This will prevent the entire room from aggoring your puller when he pulls a mob.

If you are still all low lvls there are probably plenty of missions you can still get in areas close to cities if not in cities themselves.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

my enginere got to use becon warp self buffed at level 65
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Sounds to me like you are setting it up wrong....

When the group is getting toghether and you have just a few, dedicate someone to go get the mission. Then have him/her go far away (grid somewhere) and get the mission FROM far away to somewhere near where everyone is getting together. There is always a booth that will give missions in you back yard, you just have to know where.
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol