Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discuss: 13.8 Assume and Mimic Profession nanos

Cool

My agent character has just reached level 11, and has not used any false profession nanos yet, so I do not have any actual experience with them. However, the false, assume and mimic profession nanos were the primary reason I chose to play an agent. (The other main one was the face graft.)

Some people have said they would like to see emphasis put on improving our abilities as agents, rather than on using those of other professions. On the other hand, I would prefer that agents were able to pose as other professions better, even if this meant giving up some of the agent's other abilities.

Agents should never be as good as a character in another profession at the same level, but I would like to see them as good as one at a somewhat lower level. For example, an agent posing as an engineer should be able to make and control robot pets, because even a level 1 engineer can do that.

Since I have not had the chance to use them yet, I can not say whether shortening the duration of the nanos is a good idea or not. However, I get the impression that part of the reason for making them end quicker is that people do not want to be stuck in another profession very long because there are too many limitations on what they can do. If these problems were fixed, they might prefer to have them last longer.

Obviously, people have different reasons for choosing what characters they play and no change will satisfy everyone, but I wanted to express my own preferences on this matter.

Shortening the duration is definatly the right thing to do. Before when usuing Assume or Mimic you would buff your own agent buffs on yourself, but then they would run out halfway through your Mimic or 2/3's the way through Assume then you would have to spend the rest of the time UNBUFFED in your own agent nanos.

Now we can buff our agent nanos, then run assume or mimic, use that profs nanos, then return to agent rebuff and then run assume/mimic again if you wish, or do anotherone, or stay as agent with the MP pets with you or other buffs still on you.

Well I learned to live and adapt to the changes on the duration for mimic. No point in trying to debate it anymore. It would be nice if the nano skill penalty was lower. Alas, I can only wish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12