Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sarcasm Free Question: What makes the NT too overpowered?

Blood and fur?
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Re: Heh

Originally posted by Takuan
    Snarf

I understand your points bro it's just that the original poster was looking for an outside the NT class view of NT's. What the rest of us preceive the NT to be. I think it's a great idea actually cause most classes seem to get nerfed based on other classes preceptions of their power.
    Pin-pon! That one hit the nail right on the head.

People preceive NT's to have more power then they currently do. I have followed your's, garzu's and others posts about the nerfs so I believe what your saying. I for one do thing that you guys need these 3 previously stated things fixed now:

1. Nullity not be so f'n rare
    2. Range back to what it used to be(agents to).
    3. AOE's fixed to damaging all targets in range instead of just 3.

I think that would at least keep NT's believing that FC cares and not just quit. Sure there is entire forum of stuff you guys want fixed. But these 3 I see alot these days so I picked them.
    I am gathering, then, that you do understand that Nullity is far too rare, thereby making balance for NTs difficult in general. It is one of the best possible tools for us and whether or not it is useful to us, we don't have it on too many characters.

Also, I feel that you do understand issues with outdoor hunting range and the effectiveness of AoE's can also hinder us.

/Off Topic
    Cosmik now that I know your reading this thread how about pushing the DEV's to fix root so FC doesn't exclude MA's from PVP entirely. Yeah I know that some NT's don't like this idea, well tough I'm tired of my class being considered an easy kill by half the classes in this game cause once rooted we pose no threat. Alot of MA's that enjoyed PVP have just stopped, new damage or not cause we get rooted by other players 20 to 30 levels lower then us and can't do a dam thing about it accept die.
    Roots can be percieved as a major roadblock to alot of melee classes, so I understand where you are coming from. This is akin to the Metaphysicist's nanoshutdown where our main weapon, our DD's, is effectively wiped out and we have to depend on our hand weapons.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    "If you cancel your account, can I have your stuff?"
    Date of registration 2001-06-29 00:11:50 UTC
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

Now, who's the newbie here?

For the MMORPG Elitists:
    • Explorer:80%
    • Socializer:66%
    • Achiever:33%
    • Killer:20%

Originally posted by Snarf
    Blood and fur?
    Actually, taking things to the extreme without a little bit of subtlety or finesse.
    "Rubi-Ka is my home, my life, and my office... who let these people in?" - Madaline "Deaddreamer" Fontanaro
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Roots and debuffs

IMHO any NF that can effectively kill any possibilty or ridiculously lessen a opponents ability to counter attack should be highly resistable period. It's just silly to me that there there are Means in the game to either completely immobilize or make useless another PAYING player in this game. Why should any class have so much power.

Yes, alot of the storm NT's have nullity so I hear and see how effective it is. I aslo see the few NT's that don't have it pulling their hair out as to how they can get it and the absurd amount of money it sells for in game.
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Post asking in a way that gets heard

Here's a whole article with tips on how to complain and be heard by developers..
    How To Complain

Hopefully this won't create the need for a post saying I have no idea about how to post because I haven't posted after playing with an NT in the last few seconds..

One tip for the whole community thing we have going here. Usually it's best to avoid discounting every word your fellow players post. Helps engender them to the cause.

Originally posted by Snarf
    You guys do NOT have the faintest CLUE what playing an NT is like now. We have been NERFED to kingdom come.

So your experiences are out of date and are not representative of any current day situation.

Snarf
    The Cubicle - All the Bureaucrat news you can bear to hear

Isrady Enforcer
    Cambist Crat
    Undoing Doctor

SHADOWQUEST-

Post roots

Could we use a root thread to talk about roots? I'd like to argue with you, but this really wasn't the topic. Was it?
    The Cubicle - All the Bureaucrat news you can bear to hear

Isrady Enforcer
    Cambist Crat
    Undoing Doctor

SHADOWQUEST-

Re: asking in a way that gets heard

Originally posted by Sellyoursoul
    Here's a whole article with tips on how to complain and be heard by developers..
    How To Complain
    OMFG!! 100k Kudos to you and 3/4 of a big cherry pie, this article is already awesome and I have made it only halfway through... This is the philosphy I am trying to engender here. Everyone, if you have ever posted here for any changes to the game, READ THIS ARTICLE!

Hopefully this won't create the need for a post saying I have no idea about how to post because I haven't posted after playing with an NT in the last few seconds..

One tip for the whole community thing we have going here. Usually it's best to avoid discounting every word your fellow players post. Helps engender them to the cause.
    Thank you for the much needed input, and I certainly respect you and your wisdom on this issue.
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Re: roots

Could we use a root thread to talk about roots? I'd like to argue with you, but this really wasn't the topic. Was it?
    Roots are not really the thrust here, but...

Absolutely! I will make sure to keep an eye out for a new thread, and will do my best to add in some constructive arguments so we can at least hash out something for the community in general.
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Re: Roots and debuffs

IMHO any NF that can effectively kill any possibilty or ridiculously lessen a opponents ability to counter attack should be highly resistable period. It's just silly to me that there there are Means in the game to either completely immobilize or make useless another PAYING player in this game. Why should any class have so much power.
    I can definitely understand your perspective on this. The same goes for the time duration on the NanoShutdown. It puts us in the same position, and several of our own NTs have made the suggestion that the duration or resistance to NS should be changed for balance purposes. Although, roots do affect our PvM performance, there might be a middle ground where it is akin to the 40% rule for PvP. We keep our roots, they keep their NS, and MAs keep the crits, but at the same reduction as Soldiers and Docs.

Yes, alot of the storm NT's have nullity so I hear and see how effective it is. I aslo see the few NT's that don't have it pulling their hair out as to how they can get it and the absurd amount of money it sells for in game.
    I haven't gotten to that kind of level yet, but I am quite sure that a vast majority of the NT community will agree with that fact right there.
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Ok Deaddreamer... i promise not to get angry at your thread anymore

I don't play a NT but after teaming with many of them here's what I think should be done :
    - Increase their high lvl nanos dmg by 50%. NT should be like wizards in EQ, the absolute masters of DD and AE nukes. Right now, there's not much difference with crats and MP nukes at high lvl but those classes also have pets and many other nice features.
    - Give them their superior range back.

Also make nano resist actually work especially vs roots (I'm a MA and I don't mind being rooted as it's part of combat strategy as long as I know I may have an honest chance to resist with max nano resist).
    For pvp I think NT are fine, especially if they choose the right weapon (flashpoint alpha strike + nuke is a deadly combo).
    To those who whine because they use pistols or pillows and can't win in pvp it's their own fault, they had the choice in their weapons, Funcom isn't to blame in this case and it applies to all professions btw.

Arrow My NT so far...

Well, my NT on test is now level 7. I've finally got the hang of not nuking myself, died several times from that one... Got a better pistol thing with burst fire, though I don't know if I'll stay with pistol long term, seems unlikely. That probably means going for the bog standard Vector, anything else will likely be too much IP.
    I'll keep working on them and report back to the forums every now and again - probably the NT forum would be best, but other suggestions welcome.

nt advantage: hits for a consistant dammage.

nt disadvantage : hit for a consistant dammage

hitting for a high minimum damamge is great in all but it tends to get you dead real fast. let me explain.

(speeking from high levels) if your in a group of level 100+ people everyone there genraly has ql 200 wepons. meaning they can get a crit of 3k + nt nuks at that level may hit for 1000-2000 dammage. now even with a crit buff and a llts no one will hit crit every hit. where the nt consistantly hits for 1000 damamge another porffesison may hit for 2 or 3k hard to predict the dammage. thus no mater what the other proffessions it at we still get the agro becase of our consistant damamge.
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Re: My NT so far...

Originally posted by Darkbane
    Well, my NT on test is now level 7. I've finally got the hang of not nuking myself, died several times from that one... Got a better pistol thing with burst fire, though I don't know if I'll stay with pistol long term, seems unlikely. That probably means going for the bog standard Vector, anything else will likely be too much IP.
    I'll keep working on them and report back to the forums every now and again - probably the NT forum would be best, but other suggestions welcome.
    I appreciate that you are taking a look into it, but from the arguments that most NTs are posing have to do with 50+ characters. It may take a while to get to that point. But if you are willing to put the time into it, an outside opinion would be ideal.
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Post Yes, could take a few weeks...

I'll be aiming for about a level a day up to 20, then thing will likely slow down a bit. If I can get a bit of a buff of an ARK later, that will help, but don't hold your breath :-) I'll post something when I'm ready.

NT's in missions

NT's can be good, if they over implant and so forth..
    i'm a 135 NT, with 200 ql implants everywhere, i don't have any problems staying alive.

for example

Cairo and I recently went through a huge mission, with nothing but red VET's in it. we wiped them all out. I managed to calm add's.

Cairo is a Nano breed Doctor (about my level)
    i'm a Solitus NT. we managed to do this without any real "close" calls
    this doens't mean that the game is too easy. it simply means that we are both buffed beyond average.

my point being, nt's can be very very good in teams, IF said NT takes the time, and effort to get quality implants in, and decent armor, it's those slacker NT's that drop dead in missions, and give a bad name to those that understand concepts of armor, and implants.

Anisotropic 135 NT.
    ------------------------------------------
    "I do Not believe in these spooky actions at a distance"
    Albert Einstein

Re: NT's in missions

Originally posted by Anisotropic
    NT's can be good, if they over implant and so forth..
    i'm a 135 NT, with 200 ql implants everywhere, i don't have any problems staying alive.

for example

Cairo and I recently went through a huge mission, with nothing but red VET's in it. we wiped them all out. I managed to calm add's.

Cairo is a Nano breed Doctor (about my level)
    i'm a Solitus NT. we managed to do this without any real "close" calls
    this doens't mean that the game is too easy. it simply means that we are both buffed beyond average.

my point being, nt's can be very very good in teams, IF said NT takes the time, and effort to get quality implants in, and decent armor, it's those slacker NT's that drop dead in missions, and give a bad name to those that understand concepts of armor, and implants.

Anisotropic 135 NT.
    Spectacular! Thank you for the input. According to this, in your opinion, NTs are capable of balance as long as they are well played, well equipped, and organized. This goes along with what the rest of the community's statements, NTs are balanced.... with perhaps a few necissary tweaks needed here and there, but on the whole not as handicapped as most of our community thinks.
    Account status Open
    Next billing 2002-08-04

For the MMORPG Elitists:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234