Thread: Twinks and the average player

Twinks and the average player

do you think that the number of pvp twinks at low levels is scaring people away from what is admitadly, the most enjoyable part of this game?

cuz i do. discuss:
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Do you mean pvp at low levels?

Or the game in general?

What do you mean by low levels? 50? 75? 10?
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

rephrase:

what i mean is:

do you think that people who twink a char for pvp and only pvp are scaring away those new players who would enter into the pvp scene? as in scare away by killing them and taking less than 10% damage.

mostly at lvl 7-17 in my experience.

17 goes by so fast it isnt funny. I twink my chars, not just for pvp, for fun. The game got a little boring, so I Twink up some chars for fun. I level them just like any other char though.

Someone 17 that dont know the game should stay out of pvp imho

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

this is my point

the pvp twinks under level 50 are scaring new players away from pvp, this is a bad thing, because, on rk2 at least, trying to find a fight is like herding cats.

the fewer players engage in pvp, the more it stagnates, and then it gets worse than it is already...

Nifty little strat for sub 10 twinks.

never raise body dev or sta to keep your HP around 60.

Get a 3 slot belt on (4 if you are a trader or not and just ambitious), and get layered protection, the 438 one will do but you could get the 563 one too.

No one can hit you for more than 24 pts of damage, which means your layers will be good for about 19 hits before you take any damage at all.

19 hits should be plenty of time for you to win, esp with a good shotgun =]

Why not have as much hp as you can with absorb?
    Like I have said, all it takes is 2 max hits and half that.
    Ive seen plenty of twinks attack those, you know..players that are new in a matter of seconds.

Im just going to take my lil soldier to the arena and kill some pvp twinks scaring them away, I think it aint fair.

Anyway most people say "go to the arena for fair fights"

Most of the time there is but sometimes people gank.
    Like 3 enfs thought it was funny to attack me at lvl 10 but ono.
    I had NO armour on, just a set of omni med and it makes no difference if i had armour on or not imho I still took them all out, they was clad in omni pol too.

Thats why until around level 40 or so I keep a few bits of omni med on and some armour becuase healing 50% with a first aid helps alot.

And I always wear a full set around till 20 ;]

Re: this is my point

Originally posted by ReelBigFish
    the pvp twinks under level 50 are scaring new players away from pvp, this is a bad thing, because, on rk2 at least, trying to find a fight is like herding cats.

the fewer players engage in pvp, the more it stagnates, and then it gets worse than it is already...
    RK2 is a ghost town, make a char on RK1 just to check it out. not the twinks fault, it is RK2's fault.

ROFLOL

Re: this is my point

Originally posted by ReelBigFish

Agreed. And for the record I herd cats all day long at EDS

I started pvping at lvl 12 (could use grid). Had to /term to get back from MMD. Way back in july everyone sucked, it was a blast, especially when I won even tho I got FA'd for over 1k at lvl 30.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2