Thread: We need an RP server w/ naming enforcement

We need an RP server w/ naming enforcement

As RP-intensive as this game COULD be, it seems to be fallnig short due to the large number of silly names. I ask Funcom to either crack down on this issue, establishing a nee and stricter naming policy, or to launch an RP-only server with strict naming enforcement.

This can work, as other companies have proven.

Not gonna happen.

Besides, a naming enforcement doesnt make ANY sense because that "name" is not your characters REAL name.

That is just your characters nick name so to speak... So it can be anything you want.

It can't happen for one reason:
    a name may seem great to you but not to someone else and vice-versa. It's all a matter of taste and personal vision (much like beauty and art).
    That's why I think all names should be allowed without any censorship at all.

and if you were refering to DAoC for "This can work, as other companies have proven." You are wrong. It didn't work very well there. It all came down to who you knew and what some people considered appropriate.

I saw well thought out names changed while Moth Er Taresa and the like went unchanged.

Actually, on average, the names people choose in AO fit the setting a lot better than those chosen by people in the other two mmorpgs I've play, UO and AC. This could be due to the fact that it's easier for a rather wack name to fit into a futuristic, cyber punk setting as opposed to a medieval one.

No more servers..meow.....why split everyone up...so unmeow.....

I have to agree with Bhaaz, I personally haven't seen many people running around with stupid nicknames, just outrageous outfits!

Look at my character's names, if I can come up with decent ones, anyone can

Besides, it will only make more maintainance work for FC instead of working on issues/content on the current servers.
    EF.

I gave my enforcer the nickname Ladycrimson because she has red hair and she leaves her enemies red (bloody).

Like someone else said, these are nicknames not the "real" name of the character. And I see people running around in real life with some pretty wacky nicknames.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Yeah most names are ok but when I find something like "gonnaganku!" I wonder if the guy is sane. Or "Mrdick".
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

What I don't like to see is names that are blatantly obviously created by just bashing the keyboard, like "mmmbbbbrrrrrr" or "sdajsnfkldasnf". Sure it's fun, but not when you make a name out of it.. even 30 variations of a poplular Final Fantasy character is better than this.
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

worst name I ever saw...

and one of my favorite AO stories...

Way back in July, I met 'Upthebutt' briefly, then never agin.

I presume FC ~took care~ of her

Re: worst name I ever saw...

Originally posted by Windie
    and one of my favorite AO stories...

Way back in July, I met 'Upthebutt' briefly, then never agin.

I presume FC ~took care~ of her
    Now names like THAT deserve to get nuked. That's not silly, it's just downright offensive.

What is it with people giving characters such crude names? Why don't you just name your character
    "imrednecktrailertrashwithnoredeemingqualities "
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Re: Re: worst name I ever saw...

Originally posted by Laeni

Now names like THAT deserve to get nuked. That's not silly, it's just downright offensive.

What is it with people giving characters such crude names? Why don't you just name your character
    I tried, not enough available spaces

Re: Re: worst name I ever saw...

Originally posted by Laeni

Simple answer: People are stupid.

Personal quote: People are stupid. (not excluding myself

sadf

" I live in my own little world, but it's ok... they know me here "
    "The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other poor ******* die for his!" -- George Patton

"this is not spam, it is merely a group of enforcers, tryin to communicate through their new, 2 word, language" -- Jerra

OOGA BOOGA....OOGA BOOGA? OOGA BOOGA!!!