Thread: IP CHANGE- Yes or NO, Clan Specific Armors

Thumbs up IP CHANGE- Yes or NO, Clan Specific Armors

Does anyone actually know if there is going to be an IP change. I keep hearing about it.

But most importantly I posted here to find if we clanners will ever get armor like omni pol armor. Sure we got the knights armor, but instead of just fixing it we got it took away from us. I would love to see something that will give us clanners an even chance against the omni pol series of armor.

I also don't think the flowers armor is a good excuse to say were even because everyone can use it.

Megabio
    Well, as you said, you could use flowers.. And flowers is in fact better than Omni Pol Armor. Well; was before they added Stigma pois damage. (the only weapons that did poison damage were nukes) However, Stigma damage is so low, even at QL 200, that Flowers is still the best armor in the game. For example, Flamethrowers (often used against white Omnipol in PvP) do high damage that uses Fire ACs..
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio
    Well, as you said, you could use flowers.. And flowers is in fact better than Omni Pol Armor. Well; was before they added Stigma pois damage. (the only weapons that did poison damage were nukes) However, Stigma damage is so low, even at QL 200, that Flowers is still the best armor in the game. For example, Flamethrowers (often used against white Omnipol in PvP) do high damage that uses Fire ACs..
    ~Chris

Flowers is not better then Omni-Elite armor. It has better Chem AC yes, but far weaker poison and less overall AC. Don't get that confused.

Omni elite isn't really that great. The white assault omni pol stuff or whatever it is called is the best armor in the game.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Megabio
    Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Flowers is not better then Omni-Elite armor. It has better Chem AC yes, but far weaker poison and less overall AC. Don't get that confused.

Omni Elite SUCKS compared to Flowers. Omni Elite gives 1k to all ACs on body armor BUT Chem. Chem is one of the most common damage types other than 'The Big Three'. You have MCS, Toraque Swords, heck, you even have those ultra-light-pistol raiders. And yes; some people do use them and they are quite effective against Black O-Pol.

Fire/Cold AC are a little low as well; but that doesn't matter as only flamethrowers do Fire damage and they do not do all that much... and no weapon uses Cold and Nukes don't take into account ACs.

White Omni-pol is the best in the game; it's only 'true' weakness is fire (as stated above no weapon uses cold and nukes do not take into account ACs) which therefore means that only flamethrowers have any chance against it AC wise and throwers are not that grand in damage occording to AC.. Therefore; White O-Pol is the best in the game, and flowers is in second.
    Amen.
    ~Chris

There are weapons that uses cold damage, although they are not very commonly used.

And even if it's still in a purely visual sense, you got more to chose from.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Megabio
    Originally posted by WGMelchior
    There are weapons that uses cold damage, although they are not very commonly used.

And even if it's still in a purely visual sense, you got more to chose from.
    Okay;I stand corrected. Weapons that anyone in their right mind would use.
    ~Chris

White OP sucks. Flowers beats it in *EVERY SINGLE CATAGORY*

How does that make it a worse armor?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Megabio
    Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    White OP sucks. Flowers beats it in *EVERY SINGLE CATAGORY*

How does that make it a worse armor?
    Well, White OP has 1k ACs on a ql 200 body armor for all but Cold/Fire. No one uses cold; so fire is its only weakness. Flower's weakness is Poison; though it has slightly lower radiation, cold, fire, and chem AC I believe. So they are about equal; which is why I do not see why so many people complain. And black omni pol completely sucks with its low chem AC.
    ~Chris

Flower:

http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?&cmd=view&id=85660

White Omni Pol:

http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?&cmd=view&id=22064

So, in terms of defense they are pretty much identical.
    except one is weak against flamthrower type weapons, one is weak against stigma.

If you take the ability to over equip into account though I believe white omni might have a slight advantage.

And really...pink armor, I mean it's PINK. you really want to wear that? =)

Megabio
    Originally posted by Ripple of Soul

And really...pink armor, I mean it's PINK. you really want to wear that? =) [/B]
    Well you have to wear a blue coat anyway. What does it matter?
    ~Chris

Omni pol not only protects better against the most common damage types but it also has quite a bit lower reqs to wear.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

To give a perspective on the original question (rpg wise):

Omni-Tek is a big, well funded corporation which has dedicated engineers working to improve their armor and weapons 24/7.

Us clanners are the "peasants" of rubi-ka carrying pitch forks for arms and badly woven cloth for armor (figure of speech )

Da thing is, when you play Omni and have that well funded organisation behind you, you have certain advantages. To name just 2 small ones, you get more money for loot at an Omni store (a thing us clanners are left without since the end of the amnesty) and the trade part of the shops have 2 levels (less running around for that implant or cluster). Things you would expect from a large company.

Us clanners have the council of tediousness. They have neither money, nor recourses (and the little they do have they squander in their precious little tower) so they will not develop any clan specific armor. They honestly couldn't be bothered, and if they did, Phillip has em on such a short leesh, they wouldn't dare.

In conclusion: I think the lack of clan specific items adds to the realism of the rpg part of AO, it might not be quite fair, but then again, what in life is?

GreetingZz

-Mah

PS: for those who want to compare numbers in armor check out this wicked armor review by Konril
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

for reference

elite: ProjectileAC by 1000
    omni-pol: ProjectileAC by 1000
    flowers: ProjectileAC by 1000
    waitt: ProjectileAC by 1000
    nano: ProjectileAC by 875
    graft: ProjectileAC by 825
    obtru: ProjectileAC by 1000
    primus: ProjectileAC by 1000

elite: MeleeAC by 1000
    omni-pol: MeleeAC by 1000
    flowers: MeleeAC by 1000