Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *~CoT Press Release for December 13th, 29478~Emergency Session~*

Quote Originally Posted by Maephina
    Are you certain you want to associate your self and your organization with these terrorists? I assure you Elite Operations will regret it if that be the case.
    Perhaps someone in more of a leadership role than you should do the talking on behalf of your organization before your mouth writes a check that your ass can't cash.
    Maephina,

You should check your history. EO has been directly and specifically threatened and targetted by far mighter Clans than Conflicted Singularity over the past 2. And you know what, they are still here while some of thier enemies, say Clan Lion's Den, are not.

EO has a unique history of conflict with the Clans that goes back to the very start of the Notum Wars. The full gory details are listed here and here .

So, maybe in the last year EO's leadership has changed, but at the end of the day EO have never held back from criticising the Clans in the past, its not likely your threat will impress them much.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Maephina,

You should check your history. EO has been directly and specifically threatened and targetted by far mighter Clans than Conflicted Singularity over the past 2. And you know what, they are still here while some of thier enemies, say Clan Lion's Den, are not.

EO has a unique history of conflict with the Clans that goes back to the very start of the Notum Wars. The full gory details are listed here and here .

So, maybe in the last year EO's leadership has changed, but at the end of the day EO have never held back from criticising the Clans in the past, its not likely your threat will impress them much.

Savoy
    Well thanks for the heads up Savoy...

Was there an actual point to this information or were you just lending your support to yet another terrorist sympathizer?
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    My RP Profile Conflicted Voice Pak Plus!
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

The point? Is giving you the historical context of Cantara's statement and showing how threatening EO has never achieved much in the past not enough of a point for you?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Wow,Talk about history. I was the one that negotiated the cease-fire between EO and Lion's Den, how Sumokan and I got to know each other. Those were the old days...

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    Wow,Talk about history. I was the one that negotiated the cease-fire between EO and Lion's Den, how Sumokan and I got to know each other. Those were the old days...
    Cease-fire? Now why would you ever want something such as that?

Come now where does true strength come from if one does not have to fight for servival?

Anyways this whole information broadcasting has become derailed. Lets all point fingers and wiggle them while frowning and say "You are a bad person"

Let he who has no sin throw the first stone in Rome.

I'm realy tired of the childesh banter between every group involved with no single group looking at the facts. Well let me correct myself, any group that is looking at the facts are having their voices drowned out by mundane drama about everyday nothings that don't affect anything in the long run.

Stop sticking your tounges out at each other and go punch each other in the face. More would happen and hopefully a few teeth would get knocked out in the process, thus preventing anyone from talking until the nanobots can get the repairs done.

On anouther note, I've been doing some checking into things, and I would suggest to the people that currently have the body of this shade to document what tattoos she has under her clothing. This might offer more insight about her that was not previously thought about. It is likely any tattoo that she possess had been chosen for a symbolic meaning instead of just what powers they would imbue on her.

~Mumon~
    Army of Monsters
    Last edited by Zemkarik; Dec 15th, 2004 at 04:50:07.

Quote Originally Posted by XCantara
    My deepest sympathies to the shades family and friends for their loss, and of course to the shade herself who will now only be remembered as party to such an incompetant attempt on the council.

Perhaps this 'growing threat of terrorist attacks' against the self styled Council of Truth is due to Silverstone's rabid 'shoot anything that isn't clan shaped' policy. The council can't exist without him, or without his say so. Little wonder its his puppet then.

Thank goodness for Tempus Coma, who clearly don't want to play Simon says. Better luck next time guys.
    While I must agree that Silverstone's policy of "Shoot first and don't even bother with asking questions later" was probably one of the reasons for the attacks (they made that clear in their demands to open up Tir), how you can support and sympathize with those who resort to such cowardly measures is beyond me. You support an attack on innocent people (the CoT) with the hope of eliminating attacks on innocent people (Neutrals in Tir). That's like torturing people who torture others in an effort to eliminate torture.

I find it rather distressing that support for extremist agendas is growing among all factions. It seems that intolerance and bigotry spread in the same way a virus does.

-Rene
    The Independent Rubi-kans, making Neutrality a legitimate option in the face of adversity since 29475!

Rene "Mondobizarro" Renetti, Sisyphean Spokesperson for the Opposition of Oppression

Explorer 66% Socializer 60% Achiever 46% Killer 26%, Bartle Test

Quote Originally Posted by mondobizarro

It seems that intolerance and bigotry spread in the same way a virus does.

-Rene
    Yes it does. And you know where we caught it? The CoT.

I myself have not been resident on Rubi Ka for very long, but in that time, I have been frequently snubbed, insulted, threatened, and in one case fired upon by the clans. Why? Because I'm a neutral. Because the clans have an intolerance for anybody not openly supporting them or trying to become one of their number. Join or die? Sorry, I'll take my chances.

For goodness sake, even the omni aren't as "intolerant and bigoted" as the clans. I've been to Rome. The guards there didn't shoot at me, they asked me if I was lost and told me the best place to get a cawfee.

The point here? The CoT isn't innocent. Its a smokescreen attempt to lend at least some credibility to an unhinged warlord, one that will kill neutrals because they won't kill for him. When the clans do nothing but sit in Tir broadcasting threats for a living, does anyone really wonder why Tempus Coma are done with peaceful protests?
    Anna 'Anuket' Tenebrae - Reassembled Grape Juice Hunter

-Elite Operations-

Don't trust those guards for a second. They are just under orders at this time to not shoot you. Believe me their used to be a time when they would shoot you on sight.

And as for the Clans, it used to be that anyone could enter Tir.

Me I like to think of it as the ever changing tides of sameness that everyone is traped in. Myself I like to see things evolve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12