Thread: Character Bios!

Character Bios!

ooc:
    I decided to start a character bio thread inspired by a suggestion from Tarryk, in here we can all post our character Bios and histories. Any political affiliations, and knowledge we want to be made public. I think this will make it easier for us all to interact, and for everyone to get to know each other a little bit better.

Post your Bio here!
    /ooc

Name: Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella
    Level: 204
    Profession: Fixer
    Political affiliation: Terra Firma

Bio:
    Publically - Fixerben has been on the political scene of Rubi-Ka since he joined Clan Anarchist Syndicate. Previously hes held many types of positions including: Speaker of the Council of Ares, Captain of the CoA Peacekeeper guard, Co-Founder of the RKMC (Rubi-Ka Mining Cooperative). As his affiliation with the Terra Firma would imply, he is pro conflict, but he will exhaust all other options before resorting to violence. His strong beleifs in the principles of Democracy have held his faith in the Clan cause, and bolstered his support for the Council of Truth. His vision of the future for the planet is a Clan Democracy that co-exists with the current Omni-Tek governing body, which is also paralleled by the beleifs of the Terra Firma.

Personally - As a person Fixerben is very unpredictable. His moods change when in certain situations, anywhere from cool and composed to out right angry. He himself doesnt know where the anger comes from, something deep inside him may be trying to get out. He is compassionate to others and helpful to those who accept him. Using his skills in any way he can to further his own agenda, or the Clan agenda in general, hes been known for a few shady dealings as all Fixers have.

History:
    My great-great grand parents worked in an Omni-Tek mine under the opressive guards and horrid conditions, they fled the mines the day of the Union uprising and headed towards the first Clan settlement of West Athen. There they fought against Omni-Tek, and lived their lives for years. Their offspring, up to the 4th generation, were born here on Rubi-Ka, me being that 4th generation. I grew up in Clan territory with all the other kids, learning how to use Nanobots, Computers, Weapons, and all the other tools I needed to survive on this planet. As I grew fighting began again, and during the Third Civil War my parents were killed, while I was still in my early adolescense. One day I was hunting outside of Tir, looking for some dinner, maybe a tasty rollerrat (what a joke! ). When suddenly a Panther came bolting out of the woods! I barely had time to react before the Panther had torn my face in half and destroyed my eyes. I heard a sharp zipping noise come from the trees and felt a warm splatter on my skin as the Panther dropped lifeless to the ground next to me. A comforting voice said "Dont worry little guy, your safe". My eyes grew dark as they filled with blood, and I lost consciousness there in the grass. When I regained awareness I was shocked to find that I could not see, my eyes as I said, had been completely destroyed. I was laying in a Medical bay at the Headquarters of the Clan Anarchist Syndicate (CAS). Bereft of sight I called out to see if anyone was around, and I was greeted by that comforting voice again, he said "Good morning brave young man, your safe in a Medical bay, My name is Redruum..." The man continued on explaining about how he had been tracking that Panther, I wasnt its first victim, but I was its last. He explained to me about his Clan and what they stood for. I enjoyed hearing his story, it comforted me in my weakened state. After I had listened for a few hours he let me go back to resting, I needed to recover some more before the surgery. He wouldnt tell me what they were going to do, only that my life would never be the same again. So I went to sleep.

The next day I awoke to a new voice, and a gentle shaking. He told me his name was Maxtek, and explained to me what was going to happen. They were going to give me what they called N.E.O.N.s which stood for "Notum Enhanced Optical Nerves." It was basically an adaptation on the Standard Eye implant, but instead of just enhancing the eye, it totally replaced it. Leaving only one drawback. That the eyes could not be used on any planet but Rubi-Ka, without the assistance of a special system that would inject new notum into the implants on a regular basis. Basically either limiting me to this planet, or making me dependant - like a stim addict - on Notum.

After recovering I joined the Clan Anarchist Syndicate and became a member of the family. Months passed, and turned into years. I continued my weapons and computers training, specializing in Computer Security Circumvention and Information Retreival Technology, aided by the interface I created in my Eye implants. I could process information and control computers with the interface controlled by my eyes faster and more efficiently than any Solitus, Atrox, or Opifex. Using this system I gained access to computers and information that no one else could. This was the beginning of my career in the profession known as a "Fixer." Specializing in Dealing Information and Acquisition of "items" I became a master of the grid, and the information that flowed through it.

Many times the members of CAS would go out to old areas and police them, scan for artifacts, mostly old Notum Mines we would survey to see if there was any flow. In one such mine we happened to come across an area that looked like someone had been living there. Maybe ages ago, it seemed long abandoned. We recovered a few small trinkets from the mine. A few old tools, some eating utensils, and one necklace made with small blue beads. Since it was no ones, I decided to keep the necklace, and I wore it. It looked good with my Azure armor. Over time wearing the necklace I noticed a change...my hair...it had started to turn white and blue. We had the beads scanned and found that they were made of pure Notum. Sometimes causing strange side effects with my Optical implants my eyes seem to glow a bright Notum blue.

One day while surfing through the back channels of the grid I came upon an old Archive, a history that Redruum had not told me about. The history of CAS and the Council of Ares. Taking a small initiative I proceeded to rebuild this organization, and reform its image, as its former was not what the Clans needed. The Council of Ares, once a war like, and blood thirsty organization, I would reform into a Democracy the Clans could rally to and bring unity. This dream however was far out of reach.

After months of rallying, public statements, debates, arguments, and countless **** fights against my opponents, things started to go down hill. The Council that I had tried to build had the power taken from it by the guild leaders, and made the Council of Ares once again into what it should not have been. It was no longer a Democracy, and there fore I had failed. Leaving the Council I sought out other ways to bring people together. During the Notum Wars I created alliances that would come and go, and held peace talks between warring organizations. Eventually I faded into the background, retired, only around giving advice. Hanging out with my friends to have fun and try to enjoy myself a bit.

I had left CAS with some friends, the more experienced group, and formed a new guild called "Arion." Led by our good friend Nursebetti the guild flourished, gaining members and growing in strength, bonds of friendship were formed within the guild and at our peak we were a great bunch. Over time members of the guild moved away to other planets, and eventually I was one of the few original members left. The guild disbanded and we all went our seperate ways.

The only way to go from there was forward. I found a home in a friends guild, Adrenaline Rush, Rakor had always been very nice to me. So he offered me a place in his guild, and I accepted gladly. Months and months went by in that guild, and it had grown largely inactive as well, just as mine had.

So again I sought out a new family, and a new life. Here I've found it. Lost Chapter has become my new family, though at times I may annoy the hell out of people, I do appreciate everyones friendship, and willingness to accept such an old fool. I currently represent Lost Chapter to the Council of Truth, serve as their Events Coordinator, and Tower Administrator as Squad Commander in the guild.
    Last edited by Fixerben; Dec 16th, 2004 at 16:16:34.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Character Profile/Bio is in my sig.
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    My RP Profile Conflicted Voice Pak Plus!
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

((
    My bio can also be found on Khuri's AO Tools : http://www.khuris.fieses.net/backgro...ion=show&id=25

You can add bios by using this link and also customise the page format little:
    http://www.khuris.fieses.net/index.p...ger&action=new
    ))
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

[*points to his sig*]
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

((ditto!! It's in my sig and yippee for Captain Khuris Bio maker))

[ Part of my character bio is in the link in the sig. Didn't include some homeplanet information etc, nor mindshifting details.]

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    and during the second Civil War my parents were killed, while I was still in my early adolescense.
    (( That would make your character between the ages of 79 and 103 (based on when the 2nd civil war started and ended). Is that right? Want to know if I can have my char start calling yours "old gezzer" or not. ))

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetarygate
    (( That would make your character between the ages of 79 and 103 (based on when the 2nd civil war started and ended). Is that right? Want to know if I can have my char start calling yours "old gezzer" or not. ))
    ((LOL! No you may not. I think I need to change that, I meant to base that in the third civil war, my character being born in 29451 which would actually make my character 27. Think I'll go back and fix that, lol ))

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Bio

This isn't so much a biography as it is stories of how Mondo got from Nuovo Sicilia to Rubi-ka. Posted on my guild's website here.
    Last edited by mondobizarro; Dec 19th, 2004 at 23:49:53. Reason: corrected spelling
    The Independent Rubi-kans, making Neutrality a legitimate option in the face of adversity since 29475!

Rene "Mondobizarro" Renetti, Sisyphean Spokesperson for the Opposition of Oppression

Explorer 66% Socializer 60% Achiever 46% Killer 26%, Bartle Test