Thread: RUR 2 Year Anniversary - Sunday 12th

RUR 2 Year Anniversary - Sunday 12th

RUR proudly invites all customers to join us in our 2 year anniversary celebrations on Sunday 12th of December for a traditional pub-crawl. We will gather in Newland City at 19:00 GMT (2 PM EST) outside of Neuters r’ Us and proceed to visit various other drinking establishments around the planet.

Our progress will be announced over Channel 42, so even if you can’t join us at the very start, tune in to Channel 42 and catch up with us later!

I hope to see you there.

Best regards,

Dabblez,

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots

/ooc

I year ago, as we were gearing up to celebrate RUR’s first year anniversary, I privately wondered whether we’d still be here in 12 months time. It had been a genuinely extraordinary year for RUR, but nothing stays the same for long in a mmorpg. Had we just been a fluke? Could we really do it all again?

The answer has to be a resounding “You bettcha”!

For this was after all the year of the Pfft!, the year of “My Robot is My Friend” contest, the year of the “Robot Junk Salvage Day”, the year of the “GuardMaster G”, the year of the “Alien-Tech Today = Better Consumer Goods Tomorrow” stories, and countless other little roleplaying initiatives, too many to mention here. When you put it all together, it’s a pretty amazing body of work for what is such a tiny guild.

And of course it was the year of “RUR’s Share Issue”, the roleplaying storyline in which regular players were given the chance to become RUR’s shareholders and own a part of our company. Perhaps it’s this story that best exemplifies what makes RUR RUR; daring originality, the desire to include the whole community in our roleplaying and a knack for turning boring everyday stuff like shares or vacuum cleaners into something fun to roleplay about.

When we founded RUR, we did so with the expressed intention of promoting roleplaying, creativity and inclusiveness. Although two years down the line we are still the small org we always were, facing all the same challenges and limitations all small orgs face, it is nonetheless very gratifying to see that we have managed to stay true to these three principles. And perhaps more to the point, we’ve had a great time in doing so.

In closing I wish to thank all the members of RUR, past and present, who, each in their own way, have contributed into making RUR what it is today. I’d also like to thank our friends in Infinite Circle and the whole roleplaying community of Anarchy Online for your constant support. At the end of the day, we could not have done any of this without you.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Congrats RUR! I do hope I can make it to the party.

See you there.

Cybrin
    Do not underestimate the power of anger.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Omni Mining Research Department

Wow, scary how quick time goes past... an anniversary AGAIN?

Congratulations and see you on Sunday!
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Virta
    Wow, scary how quick time goes past... an anniversary AGAIN?

Congratulations and see you on Sunday!
    Yup, two years in business... still no signs of profitability coming anytime soon. Hmm.. I suppose I realy should not be saying this to our shareholders.

Dabblez

will defnitly be there!!! Hey maybe for party gifts

shares of RuR will be handedd out :P

It's this Sunday!

Hey, man. Bogosorter here. I had to, like, leave the planet, man. Yeah, it's a bummer.

I'll tell you what the real crime is. Guards that get worked up over a few pharmaceuticals in my Kodiak, man. That's the real crime. I'm just, like, helping people out, you know. Keeping them happy, man.

P.S. Like, the password for my workstation is UB3R_1337_d00d, man. Maybe, like, someone can take over whatever I was working on, man.