Thread: RUR seeks public input

RUR seeks public input

Recently RUR has decided to consider offering accessories for our unique line of robots. We are currently seeking public input into possible accessories for your Milly or Jeeves. If you do not already have a RUR robot please visit our website and peruse the catalogue. The current list of RUR accessories follows:

Twin Roger-Roger jollyflaps
    Nickelodeon v8.2 magnetic refrompinator
    'Last Dance' spheretropic synthesizer
    Gyroscopic paramorphic stablisers
    Finklewink v 19.02 Rapture displacer motor
    Illuminum interlocking jumble-free Magoo sensory arrays
    Standard Beebitty-boobity-boo interface.
    Fussitronics Little beggar simulator
    9 valve Rimsky-Korsakov redundant servo engine
    Joo-prologic device. Batteries not included.
    Hip-hop radial kryptonium speculators
    Betamax
    Stratocaster collusion clusters
    Elvis-the-pelvis gyro stabiliser
    Ms Pac-Mac protocol v. 6.11
    Vapid longwave modulator
    Advanced Kermit the frog

If you have any suggestions please post them below.

Mire browses the public nets and comes across this open announcement, after reading and re-reading the long list of offerings she goes into a hizzy. Tearing her desk apart looking for any sign of proper request forms that has anything at all to do with request of new product research and development funds.

Finally, she after hours of going through her stacks and stacks of documents, she comes arcoss a yellow sticky pad.

Miremeld,

This request is for stuff.

Kay, thanks
    Iss.

In a tantrum, Mire throws up her hands in disguest

"What do people not understand when I say Multi form ..not sticky note!"

In a huff Mire leaves her now totally destroyed pile of paperwork and goes to Omni-Ent to grab her Maul of DOOM and a Nevver buff...
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

Quote Originally Posted by Mire
    In a tantrum, Mire throws up her hands in disguest
    I am reading that to mean you would like to suggest as an accessory:

Standard Multi-form filing protocol

Just a couple of notes from engineering viewpoint, and as a shareholder.

- Nickelodeon v8.2 magnetic refrompinator. This weighs about 5.2 tons.

- 9 valve Rimsky-Korsakov redundant servo engine. I did not know these are still being used! It is still a fantastic engine, I used those back in the school.

- Standard Beebitty-boobity-boo interface. I have been using the Sub-Standard Beebitty-boobity-boo interface on many occasions with perfectly decent results. A Standard Beebitty-boobity-boo interface sounds really like an overkill.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Virta
    Just a couple of notes from engineering viewpoint, and as a shareholder.

- Nickelodeon v8.2 magnetic refrompinator. This weighs about 5.2 tons.
    Yes, it't true it does weight a lot, but in return it does provide an amzing amount of refrompination!

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I'm a doctor who builds robots on my spare time (right now I'm building a megazord). I was wondering if you guys carry Iso-dynamic Reverberating Paradox Collapsors? I really need one to properly convert the induction feed from the (classified power source) to the rest of the mecha.
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoCrystal
    I'm a doctor who builds robots on my spare time (right now I'm building a megazord). I was wondering if you guys carry Iso-dynamic Reverberating Paradox Collapsors? I really need one to properly convert the induction feed from the (classified power source) to the rest of the mecha.
    Do you mean clockwise or anti-clockwise reverberatings?

Clockwise ones are easier to find, since anti-clockwise ones are transparent.
    Last edited by Virta; Dec 3rd, 2004 at 16:23:30.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Virta
    - Standard Beebitty-boobity-boo interface. I have been using the Sub-Standard Beebitty-boobity-boo interface on many occasions with perfectly decent results. A Standard Beebitty-boobity-boo interface sounds really like an overkill.
    The specs for the Sub-Standard Beebitty-boobity-boo interface clearly state that a failure may occur in the first 2 special cases of Kierkbrook's Z-Normal Blunderen classification. This failure can in turn lead to a complete inversion of the Wolloh Confetti Field which is clearly not acceptable for robots sold to the public. So RUR has been using Standard Beebitty-boobity-boo interface. Although a bit more expensive RUR's novel design eliminates the need for gyroscopic paramorphic stablisers!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoCrystal
    Wow a megazord! I remember back in my evil genius overlord class at school we had to build a squad of Zords as a class project. I would really love to not see this megazord someday. It sounds impressive!

Sadly Virta's assesment is correct. Finding anti-clockwise Iso-dynamic Reverberating Paradox Collapsors is a difficult task and they might have to be ordered from offworld. Since RUR official policy is to not build military robots I doubt we have any laying about but I will check just to make sure.

Good evening ^^

I came across this thread and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    I currently have a Nocturnal-Electronic-Virtual-Vibrating-Everlasting-Robot or the N.E.V.V.E.R. droid for short, in development.
    I was curious if you might have a few spare Oscillating prophylactic conversion modules laying about I could use to finish this "love bot"?
    I've been forced to try and rebuild this one since my last escaped.

I'd appreciate it
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    My RP Profile Conflicted Voice Pak Plus!
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

Mire reads the interesting request about the N.E.V.V.E.R.

Oooh! Where did you get that, no wonder Ms. Nevver is so rich, why didn't we think of marketing robots with a name like that! I bet this place would be super cool if everyone had a robot named after her!

Mire pulls out a request form and starts to fill it out hoping that R.U.R. can begin negotiations with Ms. Nevver to gain exclusive name rights for thier next robot
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

I think we are lucky we got away using "Pfft!" to name a robot range. I don't think we'd get away with this!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Hmmm, maybe you all can help. See, one of the target drones we use at Sonna Joi for training new troops has been, well, running away when it gets shot at. Not very proper behavior for a drone. So anyways, I was wondering if you might have a Self-Correcting Electro-Magnetic Shock Inducer Electrode Thing? I hear they're just great for keeping robots in line.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

I think I was more than generous when I overlooked the obvious infringement with "Pfft" but this is going just too far.

My lawyer will be in touch.

Nevver smiles wryly.
    Last edited by Nevver; Dec 4th, 2004 at 16:09:44.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Maephina
    I currently have a Nocturnal-Electronic-Virtual-Vibrating-Everlasting-Robot or the N.E.V.V.E.R. droid for short, in development. I was curious if you might have a few spare Oscillating prophylactic conversion modules
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevver
    My lawyer will be in touch.
    Maephina in order to isolate RUR from lawsuits I do not believe it would be prudent for us to sell you any Oscillating prophylactic conversion modules. I have a feeling that we would not offer them anyway for the same reasons we do not ship lingerie with the Milly (or the Jeeves for that matter).

Perhaps I might suggest you consider an RUR leetbot purchase? Although they are neither virtual, everlasting nor vibrating but they are nocturnal electronic robots. We also offer a rather generous warantee that is the next best thing to everlasting!

Quote Originally Posted by Issildari
    Maephina in order to isolate RUR from lawsuits I do not believe it would be prudent for us to sell you any Oscillating prophylactic conversion modules. I have a feeling that we would not offer them anyway for the same reasons we do not ship lingerie with the Milly (or the Jeeves for that matter).

Perhaps I might suggest you consider an RUR leetbot purchase? Although they are neither virtual, everlasting nor vibrating but they are nocturnal electronic robots. We also offer a rather generous warantee that is the next best thing to everlasting!
    No no no you guys don't understand...

I am personally working on this project. All I need from you is parts. She can say she wants to conduct a law suit against RuR all shewants but the problem there is, if you read my initial post when I said "I've been forced to try and rebuild this one since my last escaped." you would realise that she is incapable of doing so as she is in fact my intellectual property. ;D

((*wink lol))
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    My RP Profile Conflicted Voice Pak Plus!
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

Nevver blinks.

Heeeeeyyy!!!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Mr Issildari,

I'd like to see phase-hook uncoupled quantum enabled de-intermodulators offered as an option on the Milly 2. These little gems are just the ticket for stopping the bipolar phase of the reflected positronic signal rejection loss from causing cascade quantum intermodulation in the data pathways which, as you know, corrupts neural networks like nobodys buisness.

How you manage to avoid this at the moment has always puzzled me, and is the reason why I've never felt the urge to purchase one of your products. I would only think about buying a Milly if its QPT was P-H-U-Q-E De-intermodulated.

Regards

Worried of Borealis
    Last edited by Brigman; Dec 5th, 2004 at 03:39:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Maephina
    I am personally working on this project. All I need from you is parts.
    I did get that from your initial post. However RUR is still a small company without an extensive legal department. Furthermore RUR has come very close to quite a few legal nightmares already and thus we are rather reluctanct to risk further legal exposure. I am sure once any lawsuit is settled between N.E.V.V.E.R. (a/k/a Nevver) then RUR will be happy to consider your request.

Worried of Borealis,
    Thank you for you inquiry regarding the P-H-U-Q-E de-intermodulation device. As you wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Brigman
    I'd like to see phase-hook uncoupled quantum enabled de-intermodulators offered as an option on the Milly 2. These little gems are just the ticket for stopping the bipolar phase of the reflected positronic signal rejection loss from causing cascade quantum intermodulation in the data pathways which, as you know, corrupts neural networks like nobodys buisness.
    Indeed at first glance it would appear as if the Milly should be a raving homocidal maniac as a direct result of the reflected positronic signal rejection loss that you cited. However I believe a closer inspection of the design will illustrate it is really a brilliant piece of engineering. (Dabblez designed this one, I believe). The Milly is in fact not a raving homicidal maniac which raises the question - why not?

The brilliance of the Dabblez design relates to the need for the Milly and Jeeves to share the same fundamental design with minimal modifications resulting in the Jeeves' advertised "air of disdain and a snooty British accent." By using the same fundamental brain in both the Jeeves and the Milly we are able to reduce the unit cost significantly - which means you can afford the final product for less than 2.5m credits!

If you closely monitor the cascading quantum intermodulation in the data pathways you will see the brain in fact shows all the signs of a normal human multiple personality disorder. The brain in fact naturally oscilates between two fully developed personalities - the Milly and the Jeeves. RUR then adds a cheap personality supression device to keep the undesired personality from manifesting.

However if you are still interested in obtaining a P-H-U-Q-E de-intermodulation device seperately along with a Milly (or Jeeves) purchase please just let a sales rep know and we should be able to include it for a fairly resonable price.