Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Neutrals claim your fate!

Okay Issi that's like 30000 years in the past.

Let me say it a different way: you're still pretty squishy according to the records. Do you go out running around in Perpetual Wastes? No probably not. Why? Those borgs would abuse you and throw you all the way back to a reclaim terminal in Rome.

Now when you're hanging out in Rome or in your city, do the Mantis monster from PW search you out and start picking at you with their nasty claws? Uhm no.

So now us neuts. If we don't want to die do we go to Tir? No. Does Mr. Silverstone come to Borealis or Newland hunting us? No.

Same thing.

Oh, and genocide is an attempt to exterminate an entire group of people. All Mr. Silverstone wants is to keep people out of tir (whether right or wrong). If he was chasing after us all over the planet and into the Shadowlands then maybe but he's not. He sits in the sun in Tir and is happy with that. He doesn't want world domination otherwise he probably would have tried it already.
    Aiyma
    Elite Operations
    Gimpy Gear!
    [Elite Operations] Phorcer: we all started at lvl 1 dont forget that
    [Elite Operations] Notech1: hmm i was drunk when i started, so i dont remember

Quote Originally Posted by Issildari
    I do understand that the magnitude of his actions is not very great when compared to other historic genocides like the billions eradicated on the infamous planet Tunadi-3. However Silverstone rose to power and officially enacted a policy that dooms all neutral civilians with execution and ensures the policy is enforced. The neutrals living in or visitng Tir at the time either escaped or were rounded up and executed. Any neutral foolish enough to test his will can expect the same. The killings require nothing of the victim other than their neutrality. What else is there to genocide?
    My oppinion is based solely on the scale of his actions. If I see him take this outside of Tir and start killing Neutrals then my oppinion would change. But as of this moment, due to the isolation of the territory the events occur in, since the city is mostly abandoned (due to his presence), I dont consider it to be Genocide.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I cannot accept genocide. History suggests you should not either.

Would you have said the same thing to the Persians slaughtered by Alexander the Great - just move away? Perhaps you would suggest the same thing to the Native Americans slaughtered by European colonists - just move away? I assume you would have said the same to the millions of Jews slaughtered by Nazis in WWII - just move away?
    Hahahaha... A Omni Tek employee comparing Clans to a prehistoric politic that OT themselves seems to follow by heart at certain points... You have got to be sniffing Bronto droppings again if you expect anyone to take these accusations seriously.
    Last edited by Escritores; Dec 2nd, 2004 at 23:54:01.
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyma
    Okay Issi that's like 30000 years in the past.
    Well sure the examples I pulled were from the most ancient of our history to show a point Yet it is not just in the past. It is also right here and right now in Tir! It is tomorrow in Borealis. At least that is what thousands of years of history suggest.

Let me say it a different way: you're still pretty squishy according to the records. Do you go out running around in Perpetual Wastes?
    Yes there are some rather nasty worms and other animals that will kill me. However I have no qualms killing animals that cannot think. As disgusted as I am by Silverstone's genocide I must recognize that he is more than a mindless beast. Along with that special status comes my recrimination - he should know better!

So now us neuts. If we don't want to die do we go to Tir? No. Does Mr. Silverstone come to Borealis or Newland hunting us? No.
    I would suggest your answer should be 'not yet.' He has not suggested he would like anything more than doing just that. Will your answer then also be just move? When you move from Borealis and have nowhere else to 'just move' what will you do then?[/QUOTE]

Oh, and genocide is an attempt to exterminate an entire group of people. All Mr. Silverstone wants is to keep people out of tir (whether right or wrong). If he was chasing after us all over the planet and into the Shadowlands then maybe but he's not.
    I will let my responses to Fixerben about this topic speak to you for me to yout point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    My oppinion is based solely on the scale of his actions. If I see him take this outside of Tir and start killing Neutrals then my oppinion would change. But as of this moment, due to the isolation of the territory the events occur in, since the city is mostly abandoned (due to his presence), I dont consider it to be Genocide.
    If what he is doing is genocide outside Tir then it is genocide in Tir as well. There is nothing special about international law that does not apply in Tir but does apply everywhere else. I understand your issue with the fact it is small scale genocide but I cannot agree that it is not genocide nonetheless.

If what he is doing is genocide outside Tir then it is genocide in Tir as well. There is nothing special about international law that does not apply in Tir but does apply everywhere else. I understand your issue with the fact it is small scale genocide but I cannot agree that it is not genocide nonetheless.
    Well, whether I like to admit it or not, the fact is that Silverstone has control over the city, and he makes the laws. So I'm not going to try to impose upon his rules or territory, I enjoy not having Rez burn.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Wait...the neutral even agrees with me and you're disagreeing with her? What is this, "forced government" on the part of RUR and Omni Tek?

Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    Wait...the neutral even agrees with me and you're disagreeing with her? What is this, "forced government" on the part of RUR and Omni Tek?
    Just to be clear, though Issildari is a RUR employee, his political viewes are his own and do not reflect the company's or those of any other RUR employee.
    As a company our sole interest is the research and manufacturing of the finest household robots the world has ever seen.

What RUR employees do outside of office hours is none of RUR's business as long as it does not get them arrested, make them unfit for work the next day, or both - Bogosorter with that I mean you in particular.

Dabblez
    Rubi-Ka Universal Robots
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Astera
    It seems Dabblez beat me to it but I thought I should express this myself as well. My opinions are my own and not those of RUR or Omni-Tek. I edited my original post to include RUR in the disclaimer but you had fair warning on the Omni-Tek part. So the answer is no - what I am saying has nothing to do with RUR or Omni-Tek no matter how much it may please you to construe my opinions as theirs.

Where did I misconstrue anything? I asked a question. Who is doing what now?

*smiles*

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234